WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Art Journals
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 09:03 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States
Art Journals Challenge - May 2012

Sorry for the delay. Had to take care of a mom-ligation (obligation to mom ) today. So this is getting posted late on May 1.

This month, being the month of May, I'm going to be cliche. The challenge is to fill a sketchbook of flowers. I know not everyone is into flowers. But they are blooming now in the northern hemisphere in great profusion. (Achoo! ) They are colorful, they are abundant, they are relatively still. Do them from life if you can. If not, there are always photos. And for those you do art journals, not sketches, there are a plethora of possibilities in collage and such to make flowers or use flowers. How about pressing real flowers in your journal. Most of all, have fun.

Last edited by DrDebby : 05-01-2012 at 09:05 PM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2012, 05:56 AM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States
Re: Art Journals Challenge - May 2012

Sounds fun! I've done a couple.

Orchid from life, same plant as the photo I took for the Weekly Inspiration Thread.

I also did the Bird of Paradise flower from the Plant Parade, but can't post that till the reveal date - unless it's ok to post here and then repost on the 25th for Plant Parade. You can see it on Rob's Art Lessons though, I used it for a watercolor demo.

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2012, 07:06 AM

Re: Art Journals Challenge - May 2012

This is simple drawing and it will take no long time to be done but looking nice.