Wendy and Rich, yes, even before I gave my #92 the title of "Veils", I saw both a Faberge egg and an alien. But no matter what else I saw, veils always got in my view, so I decided "Veils" it was.
Wendy, cool additions. I especially like your #93. It's not at all easy to get a flame to work so nicely with a white background. Great depth to those droplets, along with some mist to enhance the "movement" effect. I think of it as falling "Droplets and Drizzle".
You asked what some of my projects are. My list may bore you, because the only thing approaching "artistic" is some natural landscaping. Here are some of the "projects".
Last fall I had a major invasion of wild mice inside my home. After trying several cheap ways to discourage them, I finally came up with one thing that worked. It was to make watery solutions of clay soil, pour layer upon layer of it up against my home, and let it harden. By that time, I had caught 37 mice in a live trap, and hauled them all off to a distant place so that they couldn't find their way back. The hardened clay finally stopped them. They tried to dig through it at first but eventually gave up.
Before cold weather had set in, I had poured the clay at all the major tunneling spots. I think the mice were actually following scent trails of previous mice to those same spots and redigging at them. So that once I stopped them at those spots, they didn't (so far) try tunneling at new spots. The freezes of winter helped to prevent new tunnels. But now no more frozen soil.
Between now and July, I'm going to be gone for several weeks. To play it safe while I'm gone, I'm continuing with the clay thing all the way around my home. I don't want to come home and find that mice had taken over while I was gone.
Somewhat related to the mouse prevention issue is some natural landscaping I've been doing. I live out in the boonies, so I don't have to maintain a manicured Kentucky Bluegrass yard. Instead, I've been doing natural landscaping with native plants. Part of that has been transplanting a bunch of stuff that was up against my home and making it hard for me to find mouse holes. I've been moving them to relatively empty spots where they add some nice "filler" and also provide some windbreaks to help keep down the ever-constant problem of windblown dust and sand.
So far, I've also added a cottonwood sapling for some much-needed afternoon shade once it starts to grow up, which I haven't had here for over 20 years. Plus some sagebrush seedlings for eye appeal and further wind-breaking.
Spring brings on another never-ending project, being constant weeding out of invasive obnoxious plants throughout the entire growing season. I spend much
more time weeding than I would mowing a grass lawn, but it has its benefits. I don't have to listen to a noisy lawnmower. It gets me outside more often and gives me a pleasant way to get some exercise. It also makes it easier for the pleasing native grasses and wildflowers and shrubs to multiply or move in. I have several pleasing species in my yard now that weren't here when I first moved to here.
A side project of all this has been more time spent researching the species that I have now plus information on transplanting. That's one thing that I've wanted to do for a while, but I spent too much time creating fractals instead.
Another thing that fractalling kept me from doing was reading. I've always loved to read and was usually in the habit of reading at least a little bit just about every day. But once I started creating fractals, weeks went by without me doing any reading. I'm back to reading every day now.
Another project that I was putting off is revamping my filing system. I have six drawers of file cabinet space jammed full of files and no room for more cabinets and lots of overlap from new additions over the years. I've been reorganizing it all plus discarding out-of-date stuff to create more space.
Also, a friend of mine bought a new digital camera and gave me his old one. It's the first digital camera I've ever had, so it comes with a long learning curve for me. It's only a simple, old model, but I'm loving it.
Okay, enough on projects before I write a book.
Rich, thanks for the compliments.
Your #95 red pattern is so striking. Love the transparent effect letting the black background show through.
About that dragon egg script...I don't know how many dragon egg scripts are out there. I did try to use one and was never able to get it to work right. So eventually, I simply did all the script's steps by hand from scratch. I did post all the steps a couple of times in previous posts, but I can't point you right to the specific posts at the moment. One was definitely at the very start of my posted "dragon egg experiment". So if you also have trouble getting that "script" to work, try finding those steps I gave and try it with that.
Dave, nice work on your #97.
Nice asymmetrical balance to your patterns. I especially like your combination of colors and their lighting.