WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The WetCanvas! Galleria > Open Critique Forum
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Salem Oregon

Hails from United States
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Starry Night

MY IMAGE(S):

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Starry Night
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24x36
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
With the exception of dividing this in thirds, I had no preconceived idea what it would be. On the main part and the water part, I mushed different colors around using various types of plastic wrap. I then started looking for interesting stuff in the colors and patte<br>s. The little man fishing was done intentionally after the other two parts were laid out. There's lots to see so let your imagination wander and have fun. My photography does not do it justice.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Too busy?
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 12:05 AM
Alabama

Hails from United States
Re: Starry Night

yeah, a little busy for me. I'm not sure what to make of it. You may need to break up the space in the larger part on the left piece at the top.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Enthusiast
Sydney

Hails from Australia

It is busy yes, but it is also very interesting to study as you say! I like the texture very much. I am not an abstract painter so I don't feel qualified to critique. I like the colours and the energy! Cheers. Debs. =))
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 02:16 PM
A WC! Legend
Alberta, where coyotes look both ways before crossing the highway

Hails from Canada

what if you did something like this ... ? just to bring a wee bit more reality, depth, focus ... ? just a thought

la

Latin, German, Serbian, Bengali, Icelandic, Brazilian, Italian, Filipino, Swedish, Romanian, Lithuanian, Hindi/Urdu, Hungarian, Latvian, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French,Greek
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Veteran Member
New Jersey, USA

Beautiful. Was about to selfishly toss a painting onto the critique forum since I havent in a while, but couldnt pass up on a painting named Starry Night. Thankfully, it is not a copy or a derivative. My manic mind loves busy-ness and this has it, in the best way possible.
An endless number of images and impressions pop out at you if you look for more than a moment at the sky, the trees, and the water. Everything from faces to flasks. Eyes, birds, beasts. It's all here! Nice.
(1) When I like a work and comment on it, I am not doing so to receive feedback on my own work in return. I am just doing it because I like it. (2) Am not that 'serious' person who gets offended when people go off topic on a thread I started. So, say whatever you want! Paul H. Roe here.

http://alwaysmadness.tumblr.com/
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Veteran Member
New Jersey, USA

That's right, I forgot to ask:
Why the nudity warning? It must be in there somewhere, and I looked hard to find it but could not! Guess Im a perv on some levels. ;-)
(1) When I like a work and comment on it, I am not doing so to receive feedback on my own work in return. I am just doing it because I like it. (2) Am not that 'serious' person who gets offended when people go off topic on a thread I started. So, say whatever you want! Paul H. Roe here.

http://alwaysmadness.tumblr.com/
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Salem Oregon

Hails from United States

As to the nudity button; there are a few nude images hidden in the overall picture. Though not either extreme or obvious, because the managers ask for the button and that is usually a sign of concern. Better safe then deleted.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Salem Oregon

Hails from United States

I named this 'Starry Night' mostly because of the little fellow fishing, but also an ode to Van Gogh. I've identified with him since watching 'Lust For Life' long ago. He led such a tragically insane life and tried so hard to express this in his paintings. Having led the life of Candide with a paint brush, with only the meds keeping me out of the poppy fields, I have empathy. I love doing this style of painting, because I never know what I will pull out of my imagination and what my viewers will see as well. Thank you for seeing.

Last edited by ohanarts : 05-04-2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: spelling