WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 12:32 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada
Re: ****Daily Wash Monday 30th April 2012***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorky
Well, Ruth finished the Arran and it fits me perfectly Doug

and it looks absolutely gorgeous and I had a second look to see if there wre any Ruth really should find a touristy shop and offer them for sale. I am sure tourists would snap them up.

Darla

Sylvia, I have seen many programs on TV where they mention how important it is for our children in the US to live in a good school district. It really is such a shame that there is such a difference. I hope Christine's calf just has a sprain but feeling a pop doesn't sound promising and about your paintings being accepted!! Which ones did you enter????

Lisa, sending good wishes for your dad. I don't go to garage sales any more, I am trying to get rid of stuff.

Geoff, gosh, that BEAUTIFUL conservatory is beconing a real headache for you. Reminds me of my Blackeyed Susans

Lynn, can't go wrong with lots of geraniums for your lovely balcony!! for sketching.

My main plan for sketching is for summer, go to areas with mature trees so I can sit under one and sketch what's around me.

Phillippe, sorry you have such lousy weather.

Henry, ahh, that's why you hadn't mentioned it.

Gail, laughing at Dan's selective hearing.

Char, I hope you are pleased about the regrowing bush, they are pretty

I am here relaxing because I have already done heavy gardening for 2 hours. Need to pamper my muscles so they let me play in the afternoon

I have meant to mention that I watched an absolutely Fantastic TV program a few nights ago, it's called "Secrets of the sun", VERY worth watching. I don't know if all of you can play it but HERE is the link.

Uschi

#32   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 02:14 PM
A Local Legend
Scotland, UK

Hails from United Kingdom

Hi

The cat is out of the bag! the Aran sweater shown earlier, that Ruth knitted was actually for ME! how great is that, I am chuffed to bits and can't wait for it to arrive, I could have done with it today, I can tell you
Thanks a million Ruth, you are a genius

ps Doug, just because it fits you don't get any ideas about swiping it for yourself

Yippee!

Henry
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 02:33 PM
A Local Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flattwo
Hi

The cat is out of the bag! the Aran sweater shown earlier, that Ruth knitted was actually for ME! how great is that, I am chuffed to bits and can't wait for it to arrive, I could have done with it today, I can tell you
Thanks a million Ruth, you are a genius

ps Doug, just because it fits you don't get any ideas about swiping it for yourself

Yippee!

Henry

Henry.................and unlike us those sweaters never wear out! I recently passed onto my young Doctor friend ( yesterdays visitor) the white arran that his mother knit me when I went to London in 1964!..........still a great wear.

Enjoy

geoff
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 03:00 PM
A Local Legend
Scotland, UK

Thanks Geoff, I'm sure it will last for years and years, Aran sweaters are like a good wine, they improve with age!

Henry
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Enthusiast
planet earth well the one I'm on now: earth just south of Oxford

Hails from England

Hi Uschi & Char

hi its me again
here some of the same
hello folks I'm still around
trying to make space i am bound

not with lots of success
more making the house in to a mess
Ive had 2hours sleep so far today
so back to bed for rest of the day

have you fun one and all
no matter weather large or small
young or very old
just go out and be bold

HAWLTAIN
keep the child in you as you never know when you may need it one day
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 05:34 PM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Hi All,
Raining so I've spent the day cleaning and sorting.

My finger has a little more feeling in it so I'm going to dust off my dulcimer and see if I can play it, yet.

Doug, you are a lucky guy. The sweater is beautiful. Ruth is a genius.

Bill
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 05:42 PM
A WC! Legend
Proud to be Kiwi!

Hails from New Zealand

No time to talk, just about out the door to the gym, then back to get ready for the graduation.
LOVE the sweater Doug, it just looks gorgeous! Clever Ruth! Lucky Henry! We love ours too and the way the night temps are going they will be well used! I heard on the news this morning that NZ has had their best April ever, whilst Britain have had their worst! anything to do with Ruth's nose???

bbtonight
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 07:17 PM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst, Ontario

Hails from Canada
Exclamation Re: ****Daily Wash Monday 30th April 2012***

I'm tired. I love Mondays. But, I'm still tired... Of course, it always feels good to get the household chores out of the way... and both Classes were excellent.

My Students had a blast doing rock studies... I have to admit it was fun and we all ended up with something akin to rocks! I managed to finish my blueberries while they were working on their free paint compositions... I have to spray the painting with fixative tomorrow... it rained awhile today and the furniture on the porch is wet (where I spray my stuff)...

((Darla)) This is such a hard time for you and yours...

Sheesh, Geoff... you must feel like building an ark... might be drier...

Congratulations on the acceptance of your paintings in the Tri-Art Show, Sylvia! ((Kari and Christine))

I hope your buyers showed up, Lynn!

That's a beautiful sweater, Ruth... so is it Doug's or Henry's?????

Just remember, Uschi, that with your tree studies you'll be doing... wait for it... you know... TWIGGIES!!!

Gail... I hope that Pearl's vet visit was positive and she can now go out and play to her heart's content...

all I've missed by name... Have a great night everyone...

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Enthusiast
Southwest Georgia (Columbus) on the banks of the Chattahoochee River

Hails from United States

"Don, are you going to post your house painting in the Gallery. I am looking forward to seeing the finish."

Gail, I posted it in the studio by mistake, rather than the gallery. But it is there.

#40   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Immortalized
Just south of Sacramento

Hails from United States

Sylvia, I understand your daughters problem, I know people here who have their kids registered at the Grandparents address so they can have the kids go to a better school, sad.
Our grandaughter is here today helping us unload boxes of books into the new bookshelves we got at Ikea this weekend. One of those big ones, in white that have lots of square cubbie type things.

Back to work.

The Artist Formerly Known as Jlyn
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 10:52 PM
Veteran Member
Forrestfield, Western Australia

Hails from Australia

Hi everyone, taking advantage of 3 bars at 9.35am on Tuesday morning here in the LOTSI. There is barely a breath of wind at the moment and I hate to think what the temperature is. It has been hotter though so I will not complain, and as a last resort, I can switch on the caravan airconditioner and lock myself inside. Who wants to do that though when I am surrounded by wonderful red, pindan sand and a sky that goes on forever in the most gorgeous of blues. One can sit under a shady tree and read a book with the birds singing around you. Unfortunately, the tropics breed rather large beasts and bities, so I try to elevate my feet on a footstool to avoid being nipped by sandflies and possibly snakes.

The weather broke yesterday and gave us an opportunity to go fishing. The water was soooo calm when we went out at 9.30. We chased many boiling baitschools and pulled in 6 nice trevally on light graphite rods and pink plastic baits. Then we thought we would chase some bluebone about 9kms south along the coast. Unfortunately the wind came back and made our journey home a very memorable and unpleasant one, with waves hitting our little dingy from all directions and swinging the boat around every which way. The beach landing was not as welcoming as it could have been either, as there is no boat ramp and you have to position yourself behind a wave and motor fast onto the sand. Unfortunately yesterday the waves were only about 6' apart, so I just closed my eyes and hoped for the best. There were willing hands to pull us up when we hit the beach,thankfully, and we arrived safely, if a little (or a lot) wet. We filleted our fish and distributed it to our fellow campers who don't have boats. Today is another peaceful morning, but I think we will keep both feel firmly on terrafirma today.

Broome suffered a cyclone about 6 weeks ago, and it has taken most of the sand from our beach, leaving treacherous rocks exposed all over the beach, so I don't know how we are going to go on the lower tides this year. Time will tell I suppose, but I know one of our fellow boaters hit a rock when coming in yesterday. Luckily, he didn't do any damage this time.

Well, I am in the middle of making some yoghurt for DH so I must away, I have read all your posts but can't comment on them all as I dare not take any more time, or I may loose the signal.

Suffice to say, Annie, I don't believe you could possibly destroy any paper you touch a brush to, after all, you have different fingers.

Better to be over the hill than under it!
http://watercolourwalkabout.blogspot.com/