WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Enthusiast
Grass Valley, CA

Hails from United States
Re: Pink & White tulips-WIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexycat
Many thanks Marie & Clydeine - Clydeine, I'm a big fan of pastel for backgrounds, its an easy and quick way to get a soft smooth surface - I stick to pencils and conte sticks mainly as they are classed as hard pastels and a lot cleaner to work with, plus they stick better to the surface, I just dont like and am a bit allergic to too much dust - try a few loose conte sticks as well as a few pencils for your background, just make sure the support you are using takes both mediums well - you can also underpaint lightly with pastel pencils over larger areas and put cp on top, it all speeds things up, I just dont have the patience for a lot of background in cp, and its very hard to get it smooth without a solvent in my experience....good luck, you will have fun with them

Yes Lexi that is what I was thinking. I was thinking of using a solvent but I found that it really does not give me what I desire. I hate backgrounds also because it is hard to keep the pressure and tone the same and when you have to go around something the strokes look even more like strokes and distract from the piece. I am looking at pastel pencils now.
I hear gioconda are nice. I am sure the local store has the dewerts.
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Enthusiast
Narbonne, France

Hails from France

Beautiful start! nice colors!
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Immortalized

Wonderful work Lexicat... can't wait to see more! Very elegant.

Paintings: http://www.flickr.com/photos/safari_jane/
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Lord of the Arts
Cambridgeshire

Hails from United Kingdom

OOooo....Look at all I have missed!! Lots of lovely updates , thank you for providing all these updates Lexy it is very interesting to see your method here not to mention a feast for my eyes
Your tulips are looking beautiful, with reference to your background -can Oil Pastels be used in the same way?
Can't wait to see your next update

Ali
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Veteran Member
Baldwinsville, New York (upstate)

Hails from United States

This is truly lovely but I am going to miss the kitties. No matter what subject you choose you do a fantastic job.