WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Decorative Arts, Murals, and Faux
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2012, 02:35 AM
Enthusiast
Carthage, MO

Hails from United States
A Place I'm in No Hurry to Go To

Okay, the title was dramatic, but this is theatre, and I was asked to paint a stage set with the cemetery located in a tranquil setting. Nice, but still.... !

I think it was around 24' long, and six feet deep...hahahaha.....

Sherry
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2012, 07:46 PM
A Local Legend
Front Royal VA

Hails from United States
Re: A Place I'm in No Hurry to Go To

Quiet neighborhood, I hear people are just DYING to get in!! Sorry, Sherry, couldn't resist... beautiful work as always, love that statue

Michele

Visit my website www.sommersend.com or my Facebook Fan Page www.facebook.com/sommersend
Useful links: General New User FAQ , Decorative Arts, Murals and Faux (my home forum) , Intro to Murals
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Enthusiast
Carthage, MO

Hails from United States

You made a "grave" mistake, thinking that I would be amused by your poor, "down-underground" humor, young lady.

I think I have entered a cemetery here at the mural section of Wet Canvas. Soooooooo quiet....so lonely. Kind of spoooooooooooooooky, because I can hear dead crickets singing behind the clothes-free guy. (Had an actual photo reference of this New York cemetery for the naked guy). I must have fell out on the wrong side of the tomb this morning.

Oh yes, one minor detail....the grave stones were not finished when I took the photos of the set....they were in the process of being set out in the composition and ready to stone-eee-fy. Never came back after that was done, except when the play was presented. Am I still talking to myself again?

Sherry

Last edited by Sherry Pettey : 04-26-2012 at 05:03 PM.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Enthusiast
Kentucky

Hails from United States

Nice job. Is the grass golden because it is dead or due to the light or both? I would be temped to add a little gold high on the edges buildings, trees and statue to make it a little magical mood and tie the different areas together.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Enthusiast
Kentucky

Hails from United States

I did not know there was a mural section here at wetcanvas when did this happen(anyone)?
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Enthusiast
Carthage, MO

Hails from United States

Good points about the highlighting, Mike, but I didn't have enough time to really put all the final touches in. The set gets torn down after the play and recycled for the next production, so it seems kind of pointless to make this museum quality...but if I had to do a permanent mural, there would have been more of a finished quality to it. The gold of the grass was to signify late fall, and also provide a little left to reality because of the nature of the play.

This site has been going strong for quite some time, but I think that things have really slowed down because some really good-feedback moderators have stepped down. I hope that someone will be able to take over and turn up the heat a little.

Sherry
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2012, 12:38 AM
A Local Legend
Front Royal VA

Hails from United States

We've been here for many years. I'm not the one to get things going again, though... sorry. Things have cooled for me mural-wise since I went back to work a year ago... I don't check in as often as I should. Most of the other folks that used to be regular here have also moved on either because they went back to work (in this economy, murals tend to get put WAAAAY on a back burner-- but so glad to see you working, Sherry!).

Michele

Visit my website www.sommersend.com or my Facebook Fan Page www.facebook.com/sommersend
Useful links: General New User FAQ , Decorative Arts, Murals and Faux (my home forum) , Intro to Murals
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Veteran Member
Saint Johns, Florida (north of St. Augustine)

Hails from United States

Love all your work, Sherry. The buildings are what looked the most 'real' to me. too bad they can't save this for other productions but I'm glad you took these photos.