WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Scratchboard Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#121   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2012, 02:30 AM

Re: Who Are You?

Well I just had my first art show. The PebbleCreek Art Club in Goodyear , AZ had a show where members could show 2 pieces of art for sale. The scope of quality by the artists present was unbelievable. Here is an example http://www.fineartbysherri.com/. Sherri does colored pencil and had tried Scratchboard and couldn't do the switch. When I walked into the show and she saw my shepherd she said Wow and showed it to everyone nearby. When someone of Sherri's skill says that, I'm hooked to do even more. My mountain lion has already dibs on it by daughter. The Shepherd, which I titled " Always There" I wanted to keep having had three shepherds myself.The response from the people attending was great. Even the other artists couldn't stop saying how real the pieces looked. I wanted to say you haven't seen anything until you see what some of the masters do in this field. But I accepted the compliments with a Thank You. I'm excited to continue to advance in proficiency. I watch everything I can that I see on here to move to the next step of active member from associate member. Thank You for your tips and help. John
  #122   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-22-2012, 06:31 PM
Adelaide, South Australia

Hails from Australia

Wow, well done John!! Also, her work is really really nice and I like her prices! I wouldn't mind some of that!!
  #123   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-23-2012, 02:16 PM
southern tier of NY

Hails from United States

Hi there. I introduced myself somewhere else on this forum, but I just joined today, so still trying to figure things out. I am from the southern tier of NY and just finished my first scratch board of my Bloodhound Beulah-May from when she was a puppy. I tried to post a picture of it, but this is only my second post. I became interested in scratch-art when my kids got me a little kit for Christmas. I enjoyed it enough, but having dabbled in lots of art before, I then decided I wanted to REALLY try scratching, and so did a google search, and found you folks. Your work is amazing! I ordered some boards and a couple of tools after lurking on this site and reading what you folks use. I am now hooked, and getting ready to begin a new piece. I am waiting for a Blick order to varnish the first one. My husband and I live on a farm, and raise goats. Great to meet you all!
  #124   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-23-2012, 06:47 PM

Hails from Australia

Welcome. Your piece Beulah-May was gorgeous. Let's hope we see lots more.
  #125   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2012, 01:29 AM

Patrick,
I agree on getting to those prices. She really takes a long time to finish a work. She has one of her grandson that she worked on for a year with 20 coats of colored pencil.
John
  #126   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-28-2012, 08:02 PM

Hi! My name is Sherry. I'm from outside of Raleigh, NC for most of my life. I dabble in all kinds of art mediums and crafts. Kind of a jack of all trades but master of none. I've only done a few boards and I'm loving it. It's a very different medium and kinda forces you to look at your work a different way. I look forward to catching up on all the posts in this this forum, so much to learn.
  #127   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 04:27 AM

Hails from Australia

Welcome Sherry. Nice to see you've posted some work and it looks great!
  #128   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 07:44 PM

Hi there.
i am Terry. i have just done my first scratchboard of a Black Lab at a painting conference last weekend. i love how relaxing it is to do. the main part is the drawing of the lines so you know what you are doing. The class was taught by Shelley Prior. i tried to upload it, but the pic is a little too big.

i have also painted with acrylics off and on for about 7 yrs now. i like doing Christmas things like snowmen and Santas but have tried to expand my horizons. Christmas is still my comfort zone to work in.

i also have done some scrollsaw portraits in the past. i hope to get back into that one day soon.

Oh yeah.........i live in Ontario, Canada
  #129   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2012, 06:17 AM

Hails from Australia

Hi Terry, I'd love to see what you came up with.

If it was too big to upload, try this link as a guide how to reduce your images so they can be uploaded.

http://patrickhedges.com/2011/11/06/...-jury-process/
  #130   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Enthusiast
North Carolina

Hails from United States

I'm Ginger Gehres and new to scratchboard art. I think I've fallen in love with the medium. My background is in digital graphics, illustration and painting in oils and acrylics. I can't wait to produce something worth sharing. I'm glad I found this forum! I also watch the incredible artisans in Ampersand's group on Facebook.
  #131   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Enthusiast
North Carolina

Hails from United States

I saw this on Facebook... wonderful!
  #132   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2012, 07:20 AM

Hails from Australia

Hi Ginger - glad to have you with us and look forward to seeing your work here
  #133   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-24-2012, 06:20 PM
Argentina

Hails from Argentina

Hello. My name is Analia Gimenez. Im from Argentina and Im not an artist. Im biologist but I really love drawing. Im an amateur. I appologise for my English, its very bad. In my country there is no scratchboard tools or even the board, so I have to do it myself. Here is one of my scratchaboard. Im trying to do it better. The image quality get very bad during resizing.
Attached Images

#134   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Colorado

Hails from United States

Welcome to all the new members! We are glad to have you join our forum and share your artwork!

Check out the new International Society of Scratchboard Artists!
  #135   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-25-2012, 05:24 AM

Hails from Australia

Wow Analia, your biology must be excellent if you think you are not an artist but are so good!!