WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Printmaking
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-28-2012, 07:11 PM

Framing Ideas for commercial space

Hey I realize that framing is all over the map, but thought I'd put this out there for input.

I have been trying to connect with some typical commercial spaces to sell work, and lo! A periodontist office contacted me and wants to buy 4 pieces from the Mali or Brazil Series.

Yea!

Since it is an office, they want the work framed and I will have to hang it. I am doing my own matting. I'm assuming that a nice sleek, narrow natural maple frame would be a conservative choice. The images are 7.5" square and the paper is 10" square. I have been matting them in 14" square mats. For an image this size, can anyone suggest a size that is good? Should I go larger? Also, would a framer make frames for me to a specific size, letting me do the mat and install in the frame? Guess I will call but thought I'd ask
thanks!
Mark
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Veteran Member
South East Colorado

Hails from United States
Re: Framing Ideas for commercial space

I would go larger than a 2 inch mat, but that really is a personal preference.

When I worked at a frame shop, we regularly cut frames for DIY artists. Most any frame shop should do the same. Hobby Lobby will do it if you cannot find anywhere else.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2012, 06:52 AM
A WC! Legend
Corrales, New Mexico

Hails from United States
Re: Framing Ideas for commercial space

Or Michaels.

I've had prints that size that I've framed using WalMart frames. They have a very nice 13" square frame that comes in black and maple. I tossed the backing piece and wired it myself. It looked fine.

You might check to see what ready-made frames are in stores that suit your dimensions.

And a huge congratulations on the sale!

Diane