WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Art Business Center > General Art Business
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2012, 12:43 PM
Scotland

Hails from United Kingdom
Social Media advertising?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has experience in marketing/promoting art pages/profiles through Facebook or any other social media sites? I have been encouraged by a friend to create a facebook page for my art but I am unsure if this looks incredibly amateur, and have no idea how to market it. Any suggestions?
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Lord of the Arts
Potsdam, NY

Hails from United States
Re: Social Media advertising?

I have a Facebook page for my business and am on the Facebook pages of a lot of other local businesses and artists.

It does help me to know what they are currently working on, and has tipped me off to a few opportunities I would otherwise have missed. But overall I am not sure if it has brought any increased sales.

This is our ART: useless, boring, impotent, elitist, and very, very beautiful.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Immortalized
Costa Rica

Hails from Costa Rica

I am a member of Facebook and I do have some paintings on there, but I rarely go on it. I'm afraid I just don't take it seriously enough...I can't get away from the thought that its mainly just for fun and for kids, but I know many people do use it to promote their work.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2012, 02:35 PM
A WC! Legend
She who rambles

Hails from United Kingdom

Most businesses have Facebook pages. I don't like Facebook but I have a page and make sure to post all my business news and blog post links there.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2012, 09:53 PM

I would think the best thing would be to be diverse. Try marketing through a variety of outlets including Facebook and Twitter. After a while see which method is the best and spend more time on that one.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2012, 04:28 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Ĺrhus

Hails from Denmark

I'm in the "I hate FB" camp, but use it once a week because it is necessary. I do find out what is happening, although the amount of total BS fluff I have to weed through in the process brings me back to my motto "I hate FB." Get a website. And use FB, when you have to.

I think most people post a bunch of junk on FB. Pics of the kids, funny cartoons, comments on life... it's a time waster, like t.v. Most people are posting about themselves, sometimes a lot, and rarely replying to what others post. It seems to be very one way - in the direction of me, me and me. Yuck. Just yuck.

http://www.artallison.com/