WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Partner: WetCanvas Live! > Partner: WetCanvas Live! with Johannes Vloothuis
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#76   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2012, 12:09 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States
Re: April 22 paint along - students' work

I just accessed the video

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/1...tatuses/493793 try again

Be sure to scroll to the top!!!
  #77   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2012, 12:11 AM

Never mind. I had tried tried it several times right before posting and it kept taking me off to never, never land. Gave it one more try and it was there. Don't you just hate those little grimlins that play dirty tricks on ya?
The sun is out again and I can sleep well tonight knowing it will be downloaded when I get up.

Ginger
  #78   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2012, 12:23 AM
Hemet, California

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunRice
What?? The 22nd paint along video is gone? After all the time I have spent to find a program that will download it on my old computer and it's gone? Not to mention going out to buy a thumb drive so I can get it downloaded.
Oh well, "Into each life a little rain must fall", but at this moment, I feel like I'm drowning.

Ginger

Ginger, The video is NOT gone - it's still there. Try again, go to Improvemypaintings.com, then go to Watch Free Live Class, click your mouse on the blue Go To Video button and there it is! It takes a long time before the class starts and you just see the picture with the snow and creek, but be patient as the class will start. You can move the bar below the video to jump ahead and see.
Kathy
  #79   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2012, 06:10 AM
Veteran Member
Florida

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunRice
What?? The 22nd paint along video is gone? After all the time I have spent to find a program that will download it on my old computer and it's gone? Not to mention going out to buy a thumb drive so I can get it downloaded.
Oh well, "Into each life a little rain must fall", but at this moment, I feel like I'm drowning.

Ginger

The paint along video on the 22nd is not gone. I feel your pain because I have been trying to down load it since the end of the class and have failed. I think a lot of us are in the same boat because our Internet Connection's speed is not fast enough..............dor)

I welcome constructive critiques and comments
dor
  #80   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Ontario

Hails from Canada

I had guests at my house on Sunday and missed the April 22 live class so I'm happy to be able to download the live class. After reading all this helpful advice here in this thread I am doing this right now. Thank you to Johannes and everyone else who posted advice here for us.
One thing I want to add to the discussion is that I believe the download time is so lengthy partially because it is free. By making it pretty darn slow, they can "share bandwidth" amongst more potential buyers who then become frustrated with the slow download speed. Once you are in their "grasp" (and also frustrated) they want you to upgrade to their Plus version (for an extra $50 approx) and in exchange will make download speeds faster. Of course there are extra benefits to their Plus version as well. So I think we have two options -> 1. FREE download service from RealPlayer (albeit slow), or 2. PAY for the upgrade to RealPlayer Plus (for an additional fee of $50 approx.) I hope this helps some of you.
  #81   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2012, 12:12 PM

Pam....your painting is really good! Is it finished or are you still tweaking it?

Nancy
  #82   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Enthusiast
Sjbo, Sweden

Hails from Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineOnTheLake
So I think we have two options -> 1. FREE download service from RealPlayer (albeit slow), or 2. PAY for the upgrade to RealPlayer Plus (for an additional fee of $50 approx.) I hope this helps some of you.

You are probably right. I wouldn't mind it being slow if it would finish instead of erring after many hours. It says I have to download 2 Gb. I will look at it online and not try downloading any more.
  #83   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Veteran Member
Florida

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemarie
You are probably right. I wouldn't mind it being slow if it would finish instead of erring after many hours. It says I have to download 2 Gb. I will look at it online and not try downloading any more.

I use Real Player plus 15 and it does not help. I am still trying to download it..........dor (

dor
  #84   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2012, 02:59 PM

Hi Jo,

I was in West Va last week visiting my 88 year old Uncle Norman and missed the paint along. Just wondering when there will be another one?

I didn't miss out on art lessons though as my Uncle is a fantastic painter! I learned a lot from him...just wish I lived closer to him! He gave me a ton of books and I did 3 pan pastels that came out great!

Sherri

Aka spudsmom38

Dr. Seuss
  #85   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Ontario

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by dor_
I use Real Player plus 15 and it does not help. I am still trying to download it..........dor (

Dor and RoseMarie - My download is about halfway done. I'll let you know if it ever completes. If I get it maybe I can ask my tech husband if there is a way to send it to each of you separately somehow.
  #86   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Immortalized
Hamilton, Ontario

Hails from Canada

The Essentials of Painting Skies and The Essentials of Painting Waterfalls course is now available for purchase and download at these links:

Skies
http://www.northlightshop.com/wetcan...t e&cid=54918
Waterfalls
http://www.northlightshop.com/digw-e...te &cid=54918
  #87   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Temecula, Ca

Paintncook...lucky you, I can't cook worth a darn (I'm assuming your name means you paint and also cook. Thanks for your comments. You live in my neck of the woods, I am in Temecula, Ca. Don't like the muggy weather today!
  #88   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Veteran Member
Florida

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineOnTheLake
Dor and RoseMarie - My download is about halfway done. I'll let you know if it ever completes. If I get it maybe I can ask my tech husband if there is a way to send it to each of you separately somehow.

That would be wonderful. There (used to be places on the Web) that allowed you to upload a file to their space for storage or to make it available to your friends to down load. But that was a long time ago. dor)

dor
  #89   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member
Florida

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannes Instructor
The Essentials of Painting Skies and The Essentials of Painting Waterfalls course is now available for purchase and download at these links:

Skies
http://www.northlightshop.com/wetcan...t e&cid=54918
Waterfalls
http://www.northlightshop.com/digw-e...te &cid=54918

Jo
Your links above give me an error massge Page not found! dor)

dor
  #90   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Birmingham, England

Hails from United Kingdom
Question Re: April 22 paint along - students' work

Hi all,
Not having any luck uploading again, tried *.jpg .bmp .gif , picture size and resolution is ok.

Nice work everybody. Is there a paint along link for the 15th as well ? I was disappointed with my student quality paints abilty to cover well, so I treated myself to some better quality paints for this week (still got more to get).

Results on my website,

http://www.ivorcogdell.pwp.blueyonde...llery-2012.htm

Thanks all for joining in,

Ivor

C & C appreciated.