WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Computers and Technology for Artists
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Enthusiast
Ontario, Durham Region

Hails from Canada
Best Software for organizing image files?

I am hoping to re-organize my personal collection of .jpg files - funny - but when you are an artist and get access to digital cameras and can take as many pictures as you like - for years I was doing a lot of photography... only I found the process of keeping them all organized daunting - I have both a mac and a PC - I was using the iPhoto on my mac but was annoyed I didn't seem to have access to the raw files so I stopped using it...

I am wondering if any of you have a favourite software for keeping your image files organized....

I am finally thinking that I will get my files organized

Gonna start my clothing closet next...

May even get to my sock drawer and toss all the orphans...

Many thanks for reading and for any suggestions that come this way.

Kindest Regards, Judith

PS - I did look up this topic in the search for this form and found nothing - if there is a thread about this topic, a link to it would just be wonderful - many thanks again.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Veteran Member

Hails from United States
Re: Best Software for organizing image files?

In the past I've used Adobe Bridge CS4 and it works fairly well, but I tend to just not stay on top of organization. You can tag images with keywords and I think filter out certain/all keywords if you just want to see what images you have that have a certain tag.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Enthusiast
Ontario, Durham Region

Hails from Canada
Re: Best Software for organizing image files?

Thanks Yellow Oxide - I will look that one up - many thanks for this suggestion!