WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Whidbey Island, WA

Hails from United States
Re: Too much of a good thing

Thank you Barb! Wish I could have been there to meet you.
Robert, I'm so glad you like it.
Jann, Happy Birthday to your kitty!
Jackie, you are so funny. I guarantee you those boxes only look like that because I JUST organized them. Give me a week.

Now, where are those other art supplies..........
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2012, 06:58 AM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Awww! Happy Birthday to the big red tabby! Odd that he likes dog food - cat food is more meaty and concentrated. My daughter used cat food kibble as training treats for her dogs. Every one of them sneaked into my room while I was sleeping to eat up the cat food, got caught and gave the perfect submissive-dog guilty look. Only the Corgi, Rhiannon, tried it more than once.

He's beautiful and you're lucky to have such a great keeper.

Thanks for explaining about the Logan! I did my own matting for so long I couldn't imagine forgetting I had one - but there were times when it sat in the closet for a long time because I wasn't doing much with it. I've got the simplest kind, just a guide rail and cutting heads now. That's a lot easier to store and although it's just a little less convenient to use, it doesn't take up as much space as the big Logan used to.

Easy to forget whatever's behind a big portfolio bag. I found an entire package of pastel paper behind my big portfolio when I recently organized the closet so that's completely understandable.

LOL Jackie, yep, putting the pastels away takes a while!

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Enthusiast
Middle of NC

Hails from United States

Sandy,

I love those boxes! i've been searching for a good way to have my pastels out. i have on large Dakota traveler for the studio but, I have more pastels in boxes that right now are kept in the boxes as I have nothing to set them up in. this would be perfect! I am thinking i will order some but have to see if i can afford it with all the dental work I need to have done

i really can't say enough good things about these boxes. i will find a way to get some

Sara
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Whidbey Island, WA

Hails from United States

Hi Sara,
I am sorry to hear you have to have dental work. That's even worse than having to clean the studio! Feel free to email me if you have any questions and best of luck with your dental work
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2012, 04:25 AM
Anaheim, CA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyB
Hi Sara,
I am sorry to hear you have to have dental work. That's even worse than having to clean the studio! Feel free to email me if you have any questions and best of luck with your dental work

Yuck! My sympathies go out to you Sara. Dental work is no fun. I mean really, you'd think after 3.6 billion years of evolution, teeth would be more durable.

Jason