WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > All Media Art Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2012, 09:20 PM
A Local Legend
SE Ohio

Hails from United States
Re: Weeder's Monthly Chat Thread for April

There Kor, that is how it is done when you host. Make a mistake, ask a mode to fix it. Dewi fixed the clock for me this week and Bonnie took out the first picture I put in of Rowdy and replaced it with another one. The rest is just downloading the pictures like you do each week and go into the comment and keep adding until you have them all downloaded. I think you would love doing it and I think everyone would love to see your wit about all the paintings that are done. You can copy all the directions from the last week and paste them in your post. Any other suggestions anyone. I just felt maybe people were looking for more technical help then I am capable of posting, but seems that does not matter so much as just showing up, so get with it girl. It is fun.
Stop telling God how big your storm is. Instead, tell the storm > > >> how big your GOD IS. Unknow author
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 06:30 PM
WC! Guide
Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Hi! I've been so busy that I've been missing WetCanvas a LOT!
My Blog * Uploading Images * WDE Participants' Guidelines * WDE Updated Guidelines (for newbies especially) * AMAE Forum Guidelines
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2012, 12:12 PM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

we miss U2 Beth

Its possible to have an awesome life, but its up to ourselves to do it. ~Lee Hammond. RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2014. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2012, 08:58 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Western Australia

Hails from Australia

Hi all Just wanted to say how much I enjoy WDE. This is a great bunch of people who are really willing to share and I always learn something new each week. I feel like I am almost one of the bunch now as I signed up to host in June - before Maureen's plea I like joining in but I'm always a bit timid at first.
I have loads of photos from our caravan trip around Australia a few years ago ( the lap of honour they call it here). I hope I don't bore you all with our travel pics.

Ros
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2012, 09:17 AM
Lord of the Arts
Southampton, Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

My close cousin lost his year long battle with cancer Wednesday. His funeral was yesterday. My heart is heavy. I have lost a man that I spent a lot of time with over our last 53 years on this earth. We went to school together had our first Child within 6 months of each other, both girls. I stopped at one but he has three children that are very young to have lost their father. Only 10, 12 and 15 and 2 lovely granddaughters that will not get to know him.

I just want to say thank you all for this wonderful community. It is kind of nice feeling like I have been around for a while and you all are such caring people.

I am hosting next week for the second time. It brings me such joy to spend this time with all of you. I wish I had more time to devote.

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out." Art Linkletter My RIL
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 10:15 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Western Australia

Hails from Australia

Oh Susan, So sorry to hear about your cousin - very hard to deal with but cherish the good memories.
Look forward to next weekend.
Ros
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 11:58 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Deepest sympathy Sue - always hard to lose a family member, even harder when you were close .......... but he's not suffering now - that's so hard to watch!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My saa website**
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 02:26 PM
A Local Legend
Grand Haven, MI U.S.A.

Hails from United States

So sorry Sue.

Ros and Kor -- would love to see your images -- do host! Hi to everyone else. It's been a busy week here but finally may have some time to do one of my images today.... maybe.
"I get up, I walk, I fall down, meanwhile I keep on dancing." Hillel

#39   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 11:03 AM
WC! Guide

Hails from Canada

so sorry for your loss Sue, find healing in aart, I look forward to your host week, and also to you Kor and Ros, I live vicariously through others travels as I do so little of it

Its possible to have an awesome life, but its up to ourselves to do it. ~Lee Hammond. RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2014. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Lord of the Arts
Southampton, Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

I thank all of you for your care and kindness during some dark places for me. This community is something that sustains me. I am encouraged by you all to find healing in my art. I will keep trying........

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out." Art Linkletter My RIL
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2012, 11:11 PM
A WC! Legend
Wandering the Wonderland

Hails from Bahamas

Susan, My deepest sympathies on the loss of your cousin. It sounds like you had a wonderful relationship and that is something that will warm your heart with time.

Li

"Success won't spoil me; I've been insufferable for years!" fran lebowitz
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-19-2012, 09:21 AM
A Local Legend
SE Ohio

Hails from United States

Sorry for your loss, Sue. It is never a easy thing, no matter the age, but especially when they are young and have a young family. I will lift you and his family up in prayer.
Hi to all the rest.
Stop telling God how big your storm is. Instead, tell the storm > > >> how big your GOD IS. Unknow author
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-19-2012, 01:26 PM
A Local Legend
England

Hails from United Kingdom

Thanks for the timely warning, Beth!!

It's amazing how the gardening catches up on you, isn't it, Bonnie? Been there - done that - got the T-Shirt but I still do it again without thinking. I enjoy my garden so much that I just get carried away and it isn't until I stop that I realize just how much I've done and how much I'm going to pay for it in aches and pains.

Kor - 10 weeks!!! I feel for you, honey. I've only been out of action 10 days and that felt like a lifetime. Get well soon!

Vicki - Ouch That sounds painful! We don't have that problem over here but I sure sympathize with you. Hope it clears up real soon.

Enjoy the visit, Helen - they grow up all too quickly.

A virus that causes vertigo, Maureen?? Thank goodness I didn't get that one - I can fall over quite easily without any help at all ( and very often do)!! I do agree though that there have been some real nasties around this year. It's been nice to have a mild winter but it means we haven't had the frost to kill off all the bugs.

Connie, I really do not know when you did a bad painting but that one is truly awesome. Well Done!!

Hope your friend is on the mend, Astrid. Dreadful incident to happen so close to home. It's the sort of thing your read about in the papers not that you epoect to be near enough to to get involved. Just thank goodness the gun man only hurt himself.

(((Sue))) So sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose close family especially when they are young. Console yourself with the thought that at least he is now out of his suffering. I'm thinking of you and sending heraling thoughts your way.

I've been struggling to fight my way through a nasty 'flu type virus but I think I'm finally turned the corner. I seem to have more energy today and they coughing has (almost) stopped. Weather is brightenning up a little after some strong winds and heavy downpours so hopefully the sun will come out to play over the weekend.

I've started potting on my baby seedlings in my greenhouse and got some spring flowers in the garden. Oh - and I made a new cover for the patio table.

Hi to anyone I've missed. Catch up with you all again soon.

Hippographic Arts
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2012, 09:53 AM
WC! Guide

Hails from Canada

morning all, it has been a beautiful March, and as soon as I put the plates on my bike, it started to snow\rain
so I still haven't been out
next week is my annual april vacation that I do renovating
next week I am gutting the living room, to patch and paint and lay new carpet (am hiring the carpet layers) but want to paint the fireplace bricks (have been painted before, but not in the past 12 yrs)
maybe I can take a ride if it dries up
also going to till the garden and get some potatoes planted

#45   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2012, 10:08 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Lol Bonnie, as if you haven't been busy enough, it's decorating time again!
Actually, it has been for us too but this time we had a decorator in as well as the carpet fitter!
I have four pairs of double width full length curtains to make now. The estimate for having them made nearly gave me a heart attack! - so we've bought the fabric instead ...... they'll be heavy to handle so I should have stronger muscles by the time I've finished1
Cheaper than joining a Gym!

Joy - sorry to hear you joined the 'poorly health' club and hope you are, indeed, getting over it now.

Bonnie - our April too has been so bad that we haven't been back to our Yorkshire pad - as we still have work to do here, I don't mind too much that the weather is still poor! But then, in May, a bit of R&R will be appreciated

Have a lovely weekend everyone - I really do want to paint before I start the sewing -

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My saa website**