WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Abstract and Contemporary Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 09:09 PM
The Shire

Hails from England
Newbie Abstractionist

Hey All,

Beginner here, hoping to get to know you all and share my work and thoughts. Here are my first few attempt's in pastel and looking to go crazy with some acrylics next

Generally I work from my imagination and just see what happens, just playing around at the moment trying to keep creative even if i'm breaking all the rules lol. I have tried to create something in one short session per piece hence the sketchiness/wackiness! Any comments are very welcome.

Dan

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  150.7 KB
Name:  pastelno3-001.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  60.8 KB
Name:  pastelno4-001-1-1.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  53.8 KB

Last edited by DanGB : 04-15-2012 at 09:25 PM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Enthusiast
Edinburgh, Scotland

Hails from Scotland
Re: Newbie Abstractionist

I like the range in markmarking in the first one- makes for an exciting picture!

The last one is intriging also!

Keep it up

Ryan
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 10:29 AM

I am an absolute beginner too. Unlike you, I am afraid to even begin marking anything. I like these, especially the brightness of the first one.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 03:28 PM
The Shire

Hails from England

Thanks both for your comments. Ryan-Yes the first one flew out in 20mins, just kept grabbing colours not thinking about it, love that frame of mind when there's no worries about the end result just going for it.

Sean - I too had fear of putting something on paper so I started with a digital art app on my phone. I started laying colours down/sketching etc and it opened up a whole can of worms (digi art pics are linked in my signature below), leading to the first few pastel attempts above. The beauty of the digital painting apps is there's no mess, no bother of doing something and hating it, just a swipe of the finger and you go again or keep for reference.

I'm going to slap some paint about on a canvas tonight, how about you have a crack at something and we compare our creations tomorrow?
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGB
I'm going to slap some paint about on a canvas tonight, how about you have a crack at something and we compare our creations tomorrow?

Tonight! But...but...

Thanks for the offer (and tips). I am almost there. I am doing some reading and watching.

When writing songs I too used the "opened a can of worms" analogy. I will join you soon enough I hope.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 04:19 PM
The Shire

Hails from England

No worries all in good time eh