WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Artwork from Life
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 04:32 AM
Enthusiast
Boston MA area

Hails from United States
Re: Scavenger Hunt #264 - April 11 - 19

Robin: Like all your ink sketches but particularly like the corner sketch... I find your ink sketches quite entertaining and enjoyable, very nice...

Joan: Again, great watercolors nice corner and that barn scene is awesome... have you ever driven up to Montreal.... There is some farm land just over the border from Vermont that is filled with old barns and equipment that would make awesome sketches/paintings... there are many old barns some of which have collapsed..... I keep forgetting my camera when I pick up and drop off my son.... need to keep the camera in the trunk of my car so I dont forget...

Ai: Glad to see Iris is doing much better... looks like you have been busy sketching.. all are great... really like your ink sketches.... your ceiling lamp looks similar to mine... too funny....

J:
very nice sketches... its amazing how you get so many items in each sketch.. you have so many nick nacks around to choose from... very nice...Love that grasshopper!

3 sketches:
1) ceiling lamp
2) wall
3) corner... where the 2 walls meet.....

all ink

#32   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Veteran Member
Ontario

Hails from Canada

Thx for the list Robin!....Nice work folks!

Robin...super scribblies!..Like Robins corner..looks like a great seat cushion ( or painted seat)
Joan ..your WC are Soooo..nice..lovely homes and scenes...you must have folks lined up for you to paint their homes..
Ai..Geese girl youve been busy.what vitamins are you on? ..I want some!!.great stuff..glad your daughter is feeling better..good luck for the Big Apple visit!
J..wonderful!..what are you doing with all your compilation masterpieces?
Paul ..nice sketch...love the eringobragh.!..does Boston still let the Drop Kick Murphys play St Paddys day?

Slow..art week for me..
1. toilet...never thought about drawing one of these..thanks a lot Robin
2.Kitchen Faucet..

Bye for now..

Irwin
She's funny that way.
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 10:43 AM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

just a quick post, will have to see everyones work later on
loved to scribble

1 floor lamp
2 ceiling lamp
3 wall
4 corner
5 stack (of art books)
6 street lamp

7 tree (leafless red dogwood)
8 bush (rose bush just making leaves, and the lilies are just poking out of the ground)
9 rock (landscape bricks instead)

Life is about using the whole box of crayons. RIL, Venezia, Weekly Drawing Event, 120postcards
Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2014. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 11:01 AM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

Irwin, what a shiny toilet and sink, great job on both
Paul, nice ceiling fan
J- incredible setup of items again (love the bonsai)
Ai, glad to hear Iris is home, wonderul page of drawings youhave been busy
so nice you have an art room away from home
Joan, loving your plein air scenery
hope to get a few more in Robin

Life is about using the whole box of crayons. RIL, Venezia, Weekly Drawing Event, 120postcards
Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2014. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Enthusiast
Texas

Hails from United States

Robin- Thanks for the list
Ai- I'm glad to hear Iris is out of the hospital
Well done everyone!
1. teapot, pencil, 2.6x2.5 inches
2. cup (we don't have any saucers. This one is on a little towel), pencil, 3x3 inches
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Enthusiast
Boston MA area

Hails from United States

Irwin: Thanks... yes the Drop kick Murphy's still play in Boston on St Paddy's Day..... They are one of my favorite groups.... There songs are played at many of the sporting events... that really gets folks going! The faucet and toilet came out nice... great sketches

Bonnie: The floor lamp, ceiling lamp, wall, corner, art books, street lamp, tree , bush and landscape bricks came out well.... nice sketches

Kivrin65: The teapot and cup came out nice.... good sketches

3 more

4) cup and saucer -- ink
5) Faucet --- ink
6) FLoor Lamp --- water color and ink

#37   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 03:53 PM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

Jacqui - Thanks. That barn looked like if someone sneezed it would fall down. lol

Ai - Thanks. Looking foward to seeing you.

Jeanne - Wonderful job! Love the tile pattern you put in. It really ties it together.

Robin - Thank you.

Paul - Thanks. Never been to Montreal, but I know it is very scenic. Good combination of objects. Your floor lamp looks very similar to the one I have.

Irwin - Thank you. Hang with us here and you will get to sketch all kinds of things...toilets included. lol Good job on the toilet and that wonderful faucet and sink.

Bonnie - Thank you. Good lamps, stacks, and corners! Nice outdoor sketch!

Kivrin - Good lines to that teapot! Nice strength to that cup.

I had a busy weekend and didn't get to come visit for the last few days. I went into Manhattan on Saturday to see the American Watercolor Society's show and do some sketching with my sister. Then went off painting with a friend for the day yesterday, so all my sketches are from that.
9 - rock - watercolor
10 - tree
11 - road

12 - flowers at the farmer's market in Union Square Park - watercolors and ink

13 - wall lamps (sub for ceiling lamps) at the Hoboken train station - watercolors and ink
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 09:57 PM
north carolina

Good to see all the sketches.....AND so good to be back on my mac.......phew

Joan - the watercolor with the rocks is so panoramic and soothing with the muted colors. The ticket counter piece has a nice feeling of patient anticipation with the hands ready to give/recieve money/tickets...the lamps add grandure to the moment
sounds like you had a lovely weekend

mpaul50 - the cup is ready for the filling, the faucet is all about business, and the floor lamp looks like a faithful family servant

Kirvin - a cloth in place of a saucer....good thinking - good job on it's clothy texture..what an unusual teapot....you got it quite right ...all even sided and with a lovely "feel" to the form

Bonnie - nice sketches....lamps, here...lamps there...a hopeful stack of books and the grass peeping thru snow with the retaining wall leading the way to spring and sunnier days with lots of time to draw and paint no doubt..!!!!!

Hockey Dad - OH MY - your contrasts are lovely - I like the turn of light on the toilet tank and lid.

5 - wall - Havana Carolina - Cuban restaurant in Concord, NC
6 - tree
7 - car
8 stack - gel pen drawing I didn't get to finish
http://virtualparsnip.blogspot.com/
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Enthusiast
Texas

Hails from United States

Paul- Thanks. Really like the lamp. Nice cup and faucet
Joan- Thank you. Graceful rolling hill ending in great rocks. Nice color and activity in the market scene. Really nice ticket booth
Robin- thanks. Like the tree and car. Nice restaurant. Like the gel pen sketch
3. stack of boxes, pencil, originally 6x6 inches
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 11:55 AM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

Kivrin: Thanks. Nice stack of boxes. The teapot has beautiful curves.

Joan: Wow... you went to see the wc show. I love your ticket booth sketch. Nice farmer market sketch and the road side with rock sketch. I hope to see you soon.

Robin: Nice car tree and super of the restaurant sketch. That stack is coming along nicely, it looks like Asian style stack container, doesn't it?

Bonnie: Thanks. Good job on doing the bricks for the rock. Nice room corner and stack of art books.

Hockey: Thanks. Fantastic shine and shading on both the toilet and the sinc. Super.

Paul: Thanks. Wonderful job on the ceiling lamp and the floor lamp. The octagon window on the wall came out so nice.

Well I did some more sketches but not yet digitally process it. I've been lazy on our vacation in Alabama.;-)

Painting is my soul. My blog.
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 01:52 PM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

Robin - Thank you. Love the restaurant sketch. Nice looseness to the ink in the sketch of the tree.

Kivrin - Thanks! Great sketch of the stack of boxes...well shade. Looks like moving day.

Ai - Thanks.

I've been busy getting ready for an art market this weekend, so I've been neglecting my sketches. I did these quickly after breakfast this morning.
14 - toliet - pencil
15 - door knob
16 - teapot
17 - broom
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 04:23 PM
north carolina

Joan - those are pretty good quickies. Hope you sell alot of art at the market.

Ai - well, you are supposed to be lazy on vacation........thanks for your comment. I don't think I'll be finishing the stack sketch and yes it is a very large Asian container arrangement . I don't use it much since all the children are grown and gone but I think it is so cool.

Kirvin - nice stack of boxes....are you moving?
http://virtualparsnip.blogspot.com/
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2012, 07:03 AM
Enthusiast
Boston MA area

Hails from United States

Joan: Thanks... great watercolor sketches... love those rocks! The farmers market looks inviting... and the train station is awesome... the toilet, broom, knob and teapot are very nicely done.... good job!

Robin: Thanks.... really love your ink sketches.. they are all very nice... I particularly like the Cuban restaurant... Reminds me of a place where you would accidentally come across and be pleasantly surprised at how good the food is... a place that only the locals would know about..... Next time I pass through North Carolina I am stopping there!

Kirvin: Thanks... nice stack of boxes, very nice!

Ai: Thanks.... hope the rest of your trip goes well.. and yes, vacation time is the time to be lazy

Bonnie: thanks!

2 more sketches:
7) Broom -- pencil
8) Shoe --- my sneaker! --- pencil

#44   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2012, 12:03 PM
Enthusiast
Texas

Hails from United States

Ai- Thanks
Joan- Thank you. Nice broom, teapot, toilet and knob
Robin- Thanks. Yes, I am moving to the Dallas area this summer. It will be the first house I have lived in since I moved out of my parents' house. I have lived all of my adult life in apartments. It will be nice to have more space.
Paul- Thanks. Like the broom and shoe
4. shoe, pencil, walnut ink, Pitt artists' pen, 2.4x4 inches
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2012, 07:17 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Made me smile to open this thread and see first thing, "Nice broom, teapot, toilet and knob." Items not always thought of together! Thanks Kivrin. Love the shoe with the walnut ink! Cool. You have a neat teapot. And, I'm adding the cup to my collection! Your boxes are so straight and shaded so well.

I've sketched a little, here goes:

Number 1, corner - on the iPad with "Brushes" Much freehand as possible with tools. : )

Number 2, stack - dishes and plastic cups, cds I'm sending to granddaughter. Number 3, cup and saucer - one of the burned ones that was whole.

Number 4, insect - roly poly?? Number 5, tree - scribbled for challenge and Numger 6, bloom, flower - petunia Done with the Micron 05 in the brown book.

Number 7, toilet - blind contour

Paul, I like the corner arrangement. Ceiling fans are so difficult, good job on the perspective. Great color on the lamp. Thanks for the cup. You found an interesting broom and the shoe looks comfy.

Irwin, you get a wow! for the toilet and faucet. Amazing work and hatching.

Bonnie, great work with the ink and watercolor and the scribbling. I like the garden sketch.

Joan, looks like you had fun and got in some great painting and sketching time. Just love the flower market. And Kivrin is right , "Nice broom, teapot, toilet and knob."

Robin, you have scribbling down to a science. I thing the restaurant is super. Do those stacked cooking pans work?? I've always wondered.

Ai, hi there, can't believe you have time to check in here!

See all y'all later.
Winston Churchill