WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watermedia
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#76   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 05:49 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Citrus Heights, CA

Hails from United States
Re: ~~~Watering Hole~~~ April, 2012

Brenda..You got it sweetie!
  #77   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 09:39 PM
A WC! Legend
Texas

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by aszurblue
Brenda..You got it sweetie!

Me too Brenda, and hugs too!

Mary Lou poor DH, but I am pulling for you both to lead much healthier lives in AZ!

Homework and housework most of the day, and not a fraction of it done! I love the folks in the class! And so happy it is a small group! We have not turned a stove on yet!
  #78   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 05:37 AM
Veteran Member
Nr. Congleton, South Cheshire

Hails from United Kingdom

Morning All!

Brenda, (((hugs))) and +++prayers+++ winging your way for a good result.

ML. glad your hubby is home and getting better! Hope the journey goes ok.

My son just came home from work, feeling poorly and asking for a lift home to his house from mine. He has developed an ulcer in his jaw, and has an emergency appointment to see the dentist this afternoon, so I hope it all goes well and he only needs a course of antibiotics to cure. Meanwhile he's gone to bed and I have to clock watch and phone him at 1.30pm to get him up and down to the dentists...

Had a few good thick overnight frosts here, but the new planting seems to be surviving! These are deep rooted plants/shrubs I'm planting, not dainty bedding plants - it's far too early to put them in yet - and yet I see them for sale in the shops!

Was supposed to be visiting a friend yesterday but she has a heavy cold, so I ended up not going. Too cold for gardening, didn't want to do housework, so I started a new collage instead - far more interesting! LOL!

HI to everyone not mentioned, need to go and get on with it all now.
  #79   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 05:47 AM
A Local Legend
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Brenda (((Hugs and prayers)))

Hi everyone, sorry i havent been around much lately... life gets in the way somtimes.
  #80   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 11:45 AM
WC! Guide
Palmdale, CA

Hails from United States

Thanks for the hugs and prayers
For tonight's class we'll be making homemade pasta. . .I always enjoy teaching this because of the amazement the students show when they find out how truly easy it is to make pasta AND to add some herbs for flavor!

Mary Lou posted on FB that they were having warm bread pudding for dessert. They are in Arizona.

Linda,
SOOOO happy to hear that your class is a good group of people!

JayJay,
Mouth infections are not something to ignore. . .praying your son has gotten it taken care of AND is on some good antibiotics!!

Ona,
Hugs back at you -- I know you've been busy. You and Kay are the most active artists in the "hole."

Busy day for me. . .as always!
Wishing everyone a very good and happy day!!
  #81   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 10:39 PM
A Local Legend
Northern Arizona

Hails from United States

Hi kids,

Things are going well, I'm making DH stay in tonite, he's still pretty weak. got a lot done today tho.

B, prayers headed your way.... You're right, FB is easier...

Waving to you all, thank you for all the good thoughts...

Mary Lou - Fountain Valley, CA
My Reference Photos
"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living; it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." --Dr. Seuss
  #82   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 11:10 AM
A Local Legend
Brownsville TX "On the Border, By the Sea"

Hails from United States

Another free vegetarian cookbook.
  #83   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Citrus Heights, CA

Hails from United States

Morn'in Everyone,

Bright sunny morning, in a few more days, I'll be taking my coffee on the front deck, just a tad chilly at 45 today...Gonna start warming up around here soon, to be in the 80's by Friday, but bet it gets close tomorrow..They are even talking of fire season for the Sierra's already...

Hi Mary Lou, Happy to see ya..Hope you are not over doing it!! I know you'll be so happy when this move is over with and you can settle in

Brenda, hope and pray everything is well with you

I just read a wonderful/shocking/heartbreaking book, that "I" feel everyone on planet earth should read! Its Ruta Sepetys "between shades of gray" It tells the story of what happened to the people of Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia who were deported to Siberia in the midst of Stalin's terrible genocide of these people during World War II..This is not a book about race, but a class of people... It's not as well known as that of Hitler and the Jewish Holocaust...But he also had a part to play in this to too..as he came in later after any of them who were Jewish..
..It begins in 1941 with a fifteen-year-old girl who's family is torn apart and uses her art and drawings to try and get messages to her father who is sent to another camp....Its not a piece of history that anyone should be proud of, but one that should examined closely and what lessons we can learn about love, endurance and freedom.. I gobbled up this book in two big bites and now will re-read(something I very rarely do) at a slower pace... Sorry, think I just got carried away here for a bit ...But if you like true history, very well written and told in a novel form,...I highly recommend this book!!

Well gota go for now..ing at Doug, Linda, Kay, Shirl, JayJay and Ona..Hope everone has a super day!!

Azure
  #84   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 08:54 PM
WC! Guide
Palmdale, CA

Hails from United States

A quick fly by. . . I had a doctor appt this morning and while I still have to schedule another test, things are looking okay. When I got finished with my appt, my sister called and my mom has taken a turn for the worse. They had to transfer her from the convalescent hospital to the regular hospital because she now has pneumonia. I have been scrambling all afternoon getting things done so I can leave early in the morning. I probably won't be on the computer much, if at all, while I am gone.
  #85   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2012, 06:33 AM
Veteran Member

Oh Brenda, I'm so sorry and sending healing prayers your way. It's seems you have had more than most on your plate lately, I hope the situation improves soon. (((hugs)))
  #86   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Citrus Heights, CA

Hails from United States

Brenda, for both your Mom, and you!!

Mary Lou, Hope everything is going smooth for you and you are able to keep hubby down..Don't forget to rest yourself!!
...Miss you

Hi Linda, How's it going? Are you cooking yet? We didn't do any cooking/baking the first week either..Was book theory, food safety and handling, conversions of liquids and drys, to pounds and ounces and how to use the huge commercial equipment without killing ourselves or each other Pop quiz...how many cups/ounces in a pound of water? That was one of the questions on a quiz we got on the FIRST day of class!

Hay Doug, how's the gentleman farming coming along?

JayJay, hope your son is feeling better! Those jaw infections can be pretty serious

Hi Ona, nice to see you here...I love your newest painting

Well need to go for now...Take care one and all!

Azure
  #87   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Veteran Member

Just a quick update, thanks for asking after him... Son is now on a course of antibiotics and is feeling much better and has less pain. He has to go and see the Dentist again next Monday, and has been warned that he might have to go to hospital if the meds don't work. Seems they are though, so it's whether they eradicate the infection. It's actually not in his mouth, but in his jaw - an old wound. So just hoping all goes well now.
  #88   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-19-2012, 01:43 AM
A Local Legend
Northern Arizona

Hails from United States

Hi all..

Prayers to those who need them and to those who don 't

Azure that book sounds right up my alley....

DH doing better, just slowly... I'm having a ball spending $ but it's catching up Time to slow down

I love the orange kitchen... This is a shot of kitchen and contractor...Shoot, can't upload.... Waving to all

Mary Lou - Fountain Valley, CA
My Reference Photos
"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living; it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." --Dr. Seuss
  #89   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-19-2012, 09:21 AM
A Local Legend
Brownsville TX "On the Border, By the Sea"

Hails from United States

More vegetarian recipes.
  #90   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Veteran Member

Just a quick fly-by to say hello! It's alternatively pouring and sunshining here today, typical british spring weather! I've been dashing in and out between showers, managed to seed a lawn between showers as it's perfect weather for getting that going.. Taken the doggie for a walk, and been starting a new collage (posted a WIP) when the rain came down!

Hope all is well with you all. Need to go and tidy up now!