WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Abstract and Contemporary Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Kentucky

Hails from United States
Untitled #19

Here is my newest piece. Seeing as nobody seemed to like my last few pieces that were more based on lines, squares and rectangles, I figured i'd try something different. Once again lately I have been having the worst problem taking pictures of my painting. My place is too dark and I can't seem to get a straight angle that works. But anyway here it is, it's acrylic on 2 12" x 12" stretched canvas'. C&C always welcome. Thanks!

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 08:09 AM
Veteran Member
Piscataway, NJ

Hails from United States
Re: Untitled #19

I really like the delicate apprach to color in this. Lovely.

My Art Blog:
www.pawnferal.wordpress.com
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 11:46 AM
Washington

Hails from United States

Very subtle coloring if The photo is showing the painting right it is taking a silvery appearance. At first glance I thought it was a BIG painting and was surprised it is so small. It would go well as a big one.

As for photos use your artist eye to judge the alignment of the edges to the viewfinder to make sure they are even.

Yeah, right! I have a sophisticated camera and I calculate the alignments of the canvas and the camera-lens axis to get perfect alignment ...and it doesn't always work for me so it is a difficult thing but not an impossible thing. I'm still trying.

Don't judge the worth of your paintings by the reception by viewers. There are always more lookers than commenters just like you will get more comments compared to the number of active buyers on artwork too. Just keep posting and painting.

Art and Imagination of David L Friend
Dave Friend
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Kentucky

Hails from United States

thanks for the kind comments! I'm actually working on it a little bit right now adding some more color too it! I rush taking photos and never get them straight and my lighting isn't very good either. Thanks again, Dave! I think I was just tired and moody when I post this and you helped me understand that I should just paint and feel good about it!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Washington

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioblack
thanks for the kind comments! I'm actually working on it a little bit right now adding some more color too it! I rush taking photos and never get them straight and my lighting isn't very good either. Thanks again, Dave! I think I was just tired and moody when I post this and you helped me understand that I should just paint and feel good about it!
That is not always easy but it is how artists stay alive in their art.

Art and Imagination of David L Friend
Dave Friend
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 07:40 PM
Kentucky

Hails from United States

OK, so here is after I lightened it up and added some more color. I think I might have liked it better before

P.S. sorry for the bad crop again I just crappy at taking straight photos. They look straight and in the middle and then BAM!
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Veteran Member
Millersburg, OH

Hails from United States

You need to invest in paint shop pro.. then you can take a photo at an angle, and do perspective correct and then crop it.. may I have permission to do that? I'll post it and show you what I mean.

I like the second one.. although maybe you could tone it down a bit more.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 03:02 PM

I like the first one better. I only wish the reds were painted into the painting more - maybe up to where the blue is in the second one. The second one has a lovely soft quality I do like.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Kentucky

Hails from United States

Brian, It's fine if you want to edit my photo.