WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Plein Air
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2012, 05:09 AM
Enthusiast

melrose barn

Hello,a couple of melrose barn16x20 and 11x14, airport rd.8x10, last a creek 8x10, oils, your thoughts most welcome Thank you greg
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 08:17 AM
A WC! Legend
New York

Hails from United States
Re: melrose barn

Nice work, Greg! We may have to start calling you the Barn Man. You have a way of capturing the most interesting shapes and shadows on them. Chickens are nice touch of life. I like the farmhouse in the bright sun a lot! The contrast between its shaded side, the sunlit grass and deep blue sky is just wonderful. The stream is very nice too with a good sense of light and shade on the rocks. You should be proud of these!
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 07:16 AM
Enthusiast

Hi Donna, Our area is loaded with great barns, and shapes is where the intrigue lies for me, great big puzzle pieces, and when they let the chickens out they marched right up and asked, breakfast? sorry girls but at least you are in my picture. The farmhouse i have to do over for i ran out of canvas, more learning, but your right on the lighting it was great. The stream was my first experiance this year with real bugs, they encourage quick painting, this about 45 minutes standing in the stream, another first for this year. Thank you for your kind words and good luck to you out there, greg
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-22-2012, 12:33 AM
Enthusiast
Reedsburg, WI

Hails from United States

HI Greg,
Your enthusiasm is addictive! I especially like what you are saying about the puzzle pieces. Keep struggling to put them together in interesting ways.
C&C
I'd love to see what would happen if you went out with a bigger brush and either lost some of the barn boards, or didn't have the value changes within each mass, that is happening when you paint the boards. I think it might free you up a bit, and I can already see it happening on the white house piece.
I'd love to see you load the brush for some of this stuff too! It's really sweet, and all you need to do is keep pushing with this level of enthusiasm, and you'll be rewriting the book soon!
Kyle
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks Kyle, doing what i can out there, started pushing up the brush sizes a little, I'm not sure on the value changes within each mass, how is that a bad thing? serious edu. deficet on my part. Heres a couple with a more loaded brush, which is cool because then one can stuff a little more emotion\ enthusiasm in there, yeah and i'm still looking for that darn book. Good luck with it all, greg