WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Landscapes
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Lord of the Arts
Texas

Hails from United States
Re: April Landscape Challenge 2012

Thanks for the comments everyone. Gonna try to get another 1 or 2 in before the end of the month. I participate in other forums as well so I do stay busy.
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2012, 12:07 AM
Enthusiast
East Brunswick, NJ

Hails from United States

Meggs, lovely one, nice colors

Trier, great job - nice feel of water. You know, I was priming paper for oil pastels and taped the sides before the priming. Try to tape from all sides, remove the tape when it's dry or almost dry - find the point.

The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it. - Michelangelo
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Enthusiast
Ohio and Louisiana

Hails from United States

Vlad - Thanks and I will try handling the paper as you suggest.

Meggs - Thanks for you tip on ironing the paper. Gave it a try and it seemed to help..Between you, Maureen and Vlad, I might make some progress.

Regards,
Trier
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Lord of the Arts
120kms south of Brisbane, Australia

Hails from Australia

Well time to catch up and what fantastic posts there are...

Hal, your letting this evolve is so close to the real scene in the background is amazing, its like you have been there. I love the dreamy atmosphere of the painting.

Vlad, beautiful painting and once again I love your technique with the knife. I have never particularly liked palette knife work until I saw yours. Brilliant.

Mum as usual you never disappoint, so clean and fresh.. Making the island prominent is in fact right on. This is Cook Island and a feature point here. Its a National Marine Reserve and landing on the island is forbidden.

Just as a point of interest, On Fingal Head you can sit and watch the Dolphins surfing with the board riders any day of the week..

Trier, I so envy your ability to portray a scene with minimal detail, I get bogged down in it so often. This scene is so well done.

The falls... well I love it. to me it looks broody and mysterious... Keep em coming mate and Ill try and catch up..

Cindy I have left you till last to comment, because I was blown away with your pen and ink. I cant draw to save myself and this captured the falls so beautifully. I hope you have time to post another before the end of the month..

Im so thrilled with the works that have been done, Brilliant work everyone

Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. (Thomas Merton)
C&C Most Welcome and Desired.
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 09:47 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Meggs, thank you for your kind comments.
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 02:06 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Whatever you're trying with the paper Trier, seems to be having some effect!

I do like these later two of yours - love the fresh looseness of your paintings I think the waterfdall works very well.

Thank you for all the comments on mine - much appreciated and I'll do more if I get the chance!

Meryl - y'know I commented elsewhere, but I really do like this one of yours - you could do a series of similar ones and I think they'd sell!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My saa website**
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Enthusiast
Ohio and Louisiana

Hails from United States

Maureen - Your help and comments are very much appreciated. It is really kind and generous of you to get into my problem. Your PM clarifies some things,for which I am grateful.

I have been studying the waterfall photo on a bigger monitor, and I think I have the topography a little better figured out, so I think I will hit it again.

another attack on Megg's beach, I call it "Simply White Beach"
18x24 acrylic/ungessoed kraft paper

don't mind the clips and crooked alignment
Regards,
Trier
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Lord of the Arts
Texas

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggs
Well time to catch up and what fantastic posts there are...

Hal, your letting this evolve is so close to the real scene in the background is amazing, its like you have been there. I love the dreamy atmosphere of the painting.

Vlad, beautiful painting and once again I love your technique with the knife. I have never particularly liked palette knife work until I saw yours. Brilliant.

Mum as usual you never disappoint, so clean and fresh.. Making the island prominent is in fact right on. This is Cook Island and a feature point here. Its a National Marine Reserve and landing on the island is forbidden.

Just as a point of interest, On Fingal Head you can sit and watch the Dolphins surfing with the board riders any day of the week..

Trier, I so envy your ability to portray a scene with minimal detail, I get bogged down in it so often. This scene is so well done.

The falls... well I love it. to me it looks broody and mysterious... Keep em coming mate and Ill try and catch up..

Cindy I have left you till last to comment, because I was blown away with your pen and ink. I cant draw to save myself and this captured the falls so beautifully. I hope you have time to post another before the end of the month..

Im so thrilled with the works that have been done, Brilliant work everyone
Thank you so much Meggs! I have intentions to do more, hoping life won't get in the way
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 03:01 AM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from Australia

Oppps Triers going abstract on me again....
Ok comments.....I can actually work out what it is ....Big Plus actually love the sand effect, the big red thing looks like a finger beckoning into the beach, which I spos is fairly logical ... and the water.... like it. Oh and I like the clouds to... at least not those big burly things that look like sheep with no legs

Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. (Thomas Merton)
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Lord of the Arts
Texas

Hails from United States

Just a quickie while I wait for my paint to dry. About 7"x7". Pitt pen, watercolor pencils.Name:  cabin.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  182.1 KB
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from Australia

Cem... your amazing.. this is so good. Now gotta scoot, its off to work I go

#72   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Enthusiast
Ohio and Louisiana

Hails from United States

Cem - Looks very nice to me, has an oriental flavor.

Meggs - I imagined what the barn scene would look like from a little to the left of where you took the photo. Resisting the abstract urge for your sanity's sake.

18x24 acrylic/ungessoed kraft paper

glare on bottom border portion

Regards,
Trier
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Veteran Member
Corvallis, OR

As always, great work preceding me. I am too impatient to wait til I finish it to post, so here is the 1st 2 hr session on the cropped waterfalls. Mostly underpainting now... I figure 2 or 3 more sessions. Thanks to Meggs for the high res reference. 24"x30" acrylic on canvas.

Rob

Last edited by Rastermon : 04-17-2012 at 02:12 PM.
  #74   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Lord of the Arts
Texas

Hails from United States

Trier..I like this one. Nice composition and colors.
Rastermon..Looks like a great start. I found the falls quite challenging. Like you, I hap to crop. Looking forward to seeing the final.
  #75   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from Australia

Rob, I cant wait to see the final on this. Even as an underpainting it looks great. The cliffs are so well defined... Hurry now Im impatient to.

Trier thanks so much for considering my mental health, at best it hangs on a thread...
I looked at this with my first cup of coffee this morning and my heart stood still.. I got homesick !!!!! I know Im biased, but to me this is the best yet. Thank you.