WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Photography > The Shutterbug Pub
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 06:00 AM
WC! Guide
Chattanooga, TN

Hails from United States
Shutterbug Daily, Sunday, April 15 2012

redbuds

cherry, redbud and dogwood bouquet

just a few shots from 3-2009

Spent all day outside cutting down a 30' tree that had taken root in an unfortunate spot. Thought it was a cherry (bark looked similar) but it was not. Very weak and prone to broken branches. It was growing like a weed, crowding out an large evergreen and two oaks.

Boy am I sore today...

Off to work till 1500, will stop by WC this afternoon after I start the chicken in the oven for a late dinner. Going to bake the bone-in breasts on a bed of fresh rosemary from the garden-they are getting too big anyway and it sure makes the house smell nice.

hope all of you have a snap-happy day - go out and photograph something beautiful today...kids, lovers, grandparents, and all those critters (big and small) that make the world such a pretty place.

life is good

Greg
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 09:56 AM
USA

Hails from United States
Re: Shutterbug Daily, Sunday, April 15 2012

evening light
Attached Images

#3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 10:06 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
USA, on the edge of an atom

Hails from United States

Going out in a few to do a time lapse on driving around the city. I mounted my tripod in the front seat, set the timer on 2.4 seconds. The trip should take ~ 40 minutes. That should give me 1000 images. Will post the movie later.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Sterling Heights, Michigan

Hails from United States

Greg,
How come they are called REDBUDS when they are actually purple flowers?

Dudley,
Do you mean that you can program the camera to take a picture every 2.4 seconds? How fast are you going to be driving? Looking forward to seeing your images, maybe not all 1,000 of them, but whatever you want to share with us will be fun to see.

"What we do during our working hours determines what we have; what we do during our leisure hours determines what we are. " - George Eastman
Nikon D5100, 16-300mm Tamron lens, Tamron 90mm Macro lens
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 10:56 AM

Hails from United States

Greg,
How come they are called REDBUDS when they are actually purple flowers? When I saw them on my walk they appeared purple, when I took a picture of them, they appear more pink.

Dudley,
Do you mean that you can program the camera to take a picture every 2.4 seconds? How fast are you going to be driving? Looking forward to seeing your images, maybe not all 1,000 of them, but whatever you want to share with us will be fun to see.

Moebean,
I see a nice rainbow in your photo. Rainbows, another fascinating feature of nature.

"What we do during our working hours determines what we have; what we do during our leisure hours determines what we are. " - George Eastman
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 11:44 AM
USA

Hails from United States

Luv...yes, a rainbow indeed...it was actually a double but I couldn't bring out the second...both went full across the horizon!
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 02:42 PM
WC! Guide
Chattanooga, TN

Hails from United States

moe- sometimes if you put a pix into photoshop you can manipulate it to where the rainbow shows up stronger...darned if I remember how exactly

they must be called 'redbuds' because the unopened buds are red(dish)
...and because purplebuds just sounds weird,,, or pinkbuds'''
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 02:52 PM
USA

Hails from United States

Thanks bird ...i've tried to hold off on purchasing photoshop, I'm pretty tight on finances but I have been more and more intrigued lately. Any advice on which version...would lightroom 4 student/teacher edition suffice?
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

I don't have photoshop either. I can't figure out what one to buy.

Greg, what lovely trees. The dogwoods are my favorite, so pretty.
And moe what a beautiful shot.

I missed out on some good lightning photos last night. The sky was roaring!
I was going to go out but then lightning hit the transformer on my street and I changed my mind. That was so bright I saw spots for a good couple of minutes. We just got our power back on a little while ago. Nothing else too severe so thank goodness for that.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 06:06 PM

Hails from United States

I have had P/S since 3.0. Now currently on P/S CS. I can't justify CSS 6. Try P/S elements. Or better yet GIMP. (it's free open source)!
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 06:12 PM

Hails from United States

Dudley, I followed your lead today and went for a ride with my husband to the Detroit Riverfront. I grabbed my camera and had a Snap-Happy day.

I did not take 1000 shots, not even close. But a day with one photo taken is better than a day without any taken at all.

Here is an Oil Barge traveling up the River. It is a 362 foot Barge being pushed by a Tug. I like ships too. I was so happy that a ship came by so that I could take pictures of it. It was an extremely overcast day so the images aren't that good.

Everyone was in the mood to take photos today:

And this black bird (?) let me get close to take its photo.

#12   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 06:40 PM

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2shoot
Dudley,

The 5100 can be set to take 999 pics at any set interval. You can tell it to start now or set a time in the future to start.. After 999 pics are done it shuts down.
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Enthusiast
Southwest Georgia (Columbus) on the banks of the Chattahoochee River

Hails from United States

I use a very old version of Paint Shop Pro, probably over 10 years old, but it works for me. I did buy a suite of Corel Programs a few years ago when I was taking a digital painting class, which included PhotoImpact X3, but I never stopped using PSP for photos. I was just talking to my DW tonight that it might be time to upgrade to the latest version though. I think it is probably significantly less expensive than PS, and since I am not a pro photographer, I fell no need to spend that kind of money for software.

No photos for me yesterday, as I was working on getting my camper "un-winterized" and cleaned up. Spent a lot of time on the top of it, cleaning the rubber roof. And somehow managed to hurt my knee, so I have been limping around the house all day today and not getting much done at all. I did start a sketch for a future watercolor painting though.

#14   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 08:37 PM
WC! Guide
Chattanooga, TN

Hails from United States

Everyone has had such a good day.

VMRS- glad to see you got through that terrible storm OK. I'm surprised you are not deaf. too.

I had PS2 and in a moment of madness upgrade to PS8 (now they are up to PS10). I find it fun, but it is sooooo confusing. I probably have only used 5% of its potential. No one writes a clear set of guides, often suggestions are so poorly written I just give up- and often they refer to functions I can't even find.

The classes for Photoshop at my local college are for the professional versions with Mac computers and are aimed at professional photographers. Too rich for my blood.

I'm sure I will be using this version for the foreseeable future...

Lorell- ain't ships just great! They are so awesome when you get close-up and realize how big they are. I remember being in the Thousand Islands in NY where they are REALLY close in those channels.

Wish I had been able to take pix of Boldt Castle, stunning home.

http://www.boldtcastle.com/visitorinfo/

here is a recent 'ship' photo

have a serene evening

Last edited by birdhs : 04-15-2012 at 08:40 PM.