WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Still Life
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Veteran Member
Quinte, Ontario

Hails from Canada
Jug with Peacock feather

Thanks to JocelynsArt in the RIL for the image - I did this with mainly soft pastels and some pencil, on Mi-tientes (terra cotta colour) 9x12...I will play with it some more as it seems to need stronger values, but I would love to hear any C&C to help. Thanks for looking in.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Suffolk countryside, UK

Hails from England
Re: Jug with Peacock feather

Hi Coconut...welcome to Still Life.
Good choice to base your picture on...palette is pretty close, but you need to be bolder with your BG...as the photo shows the vase's shape very well because of the different values....whereas you've defined it with a line...which doesn't really exist, except in our minds!

I never see the obvious somehow until I have committed my work to upload and then see it onscreen....when it just hits me what is needed!
I would suggest you keep working on this - it will be worth it!
Regards, Deirdre (Always pleased to get C&Cs!) Don't forget - comment on other threads in the forum as well as posting your own work - also, we encourage you to post WIPs, they help others to learn as well as you.
Moderator Pastels &
Still Life
Getting started in Soft Pastels Uploading Images
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Veteran Member
Quinte, Ontario

Hails from Canada

Deirdre - Thanks so much ! I can see now exactly what you mean and I realize I must be bolder with values (and get rid of the lines )

I find it hard though and sometimes end up making 'mud' with some of my efforts ! Oh well it's definitely a learning curve for me and I will sit back, study the image and then back to the drawing board.

Cheers !
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Suffolk countryside, UK

Hails from England

And I'll look forward to your progress!
Regards, Deirdre (Always pleased to get C&Cs!) Don't forget - comment on other threads in the forum as well as posting your own work - also, we encourage you to post WIPs, they help others to learn as well as you.
Moderator Pastels &
Still Life
Getting started in Soft Pastels Uploading Images