WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 10:37 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Virginia, US

Hails from Norway
Re: Needing as title please... old guy watching birds

Nobody will notice if that tree is missing, and I do agree it is a little distracting, at least where it's placed right now... It's in no way meant to be the focus of the painting, I'm sure, and you have an artistic license to carry a brush and make the changes you deem necessary!

I also miss something colorful at the birdhouse, since I follow his gaze. It's not a type of thing that would attract a hummingbird, they would have been down in the flowers, I'd go for a cardinal or bluebird. (Can you tell I'm an official Backyard Bird Counter? )
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 12:23 PM
Queensland, Australia

Hails from Australia

Beautiful painting, Nora. Love the colour and atmosphere. Some birds hovering around the bird house might be nice.

Title idea: "Fly Away Peter, Fly Away Paul..."

Oh, and I remember you from another group. I thought it was you as soon as I saw your Avatar.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 12:08 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

I am calling it finished. I have spent a week working on it off and on and it is time to move on. I like "Peace and Dreams" suggested by someone too. Appreciate all the help and feedback.
Not sure why but when I work on a larger painting like this I see so many "things" that need fixed.

I glazed some more green over the offending tree and left it there because I think there is a fountain back there and I can't make that up. Brightened the highlight on him and I think that part works better. Put some martins in the martin house.

#19   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 07:56 AM
Lord of the Arts
north west uk

Hails from Scotland

reincarnation dreams !!

#20   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 10:22 AM

How about "The Daily Show"?
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 10:31 AM
WC! Guide
Chattanooga, TN

Hails from United States

At Peace

I have mixed emotions about this painting, on the one hand it seems so sad. He is all alone near the end of life, perhaps his wife is already passed. very sad

on the other hand, the bright promise of another spring and hope springs eternal. Perhaps he is content, proud of the life he's lived, and fondly remembering how much his late wiffe enjoyed the spring flowers- perhaps he grumbled at her about how much the planting of annuals every year cost. Now he wishes she was still here to see them again-yet he he is also thinking of their good times together.

and that IMHO is the mark of Fine Art, it tells us a story and makes us emotional.

Thanx 4 posting, this pleaseth our eye, Greg