WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 10:48 PM

Re: WIP - centaur fantasy commission

Dear Kerry & All, The painting is coming along very nicely! I do have a few observations about the new additions. The Archer/protector Centauress' spotted black hide looks great! The Sorcerers Spotted rump looks very cool!!! The light from the power crystal spreading over his face & hair is nicely done! Just a couple of things... Is the dark under his jaw & on his neck hair? If so could you make him clean shaven below the jaw? Thanks! I know you are not finished on his horse back legs, so could you thicken the lower part of them. His Arms are very nice but the lower rear horse legs seem thin in comparison. Just a thought or two. Thanks again for being open to suggestions by me & others. You DO ROCK! Sincerely, chiron22
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2012, 02:42 AM
Enthusiast
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Hmmm....ok. Now that you point it out, those back legs do look a bit spindley for his bulk. 'Course, now that I look at it with a new perspective, that poor fellow is just a bit unbalanced....so.... ...OFF WITH HIS...(ok, I'm not that masochistic, lol!) I did, however, spend the day trying to give him a more proportional physique...which meant not only bigger legs, but a bigger horse body - longer, taller, and just bigger, as well as a trimming down of his human torso. I also worked his eye so it is more defined, more open, and, larger. More defined beard, and, clean shaven neck. He also has some mane showing. Once this part dries, I'll adjust the values/colors and get back to the detailing. Here's the pics.

#48   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2012, 07:49 PM

Thumbs up Re: WIP - centaur fantasy commission

Dear Kerry, Yes! Yes! You did a very nice job changing the few items I mentioned. A good peek at his mane under his cloak! Larger body proportions & rear legs. Good shave on the neck. LOL! His eye is cool also! Question: Will you make his fore hooves a bit larger in porportion to the larger legs & body? Only asking. I don't want to make you work too much, my Friend! I thank you SO much! Guess what!? I have 2 more commission ideas. One with one of my characters. I think you will like the scenarios & challenges of both! My Best regards, chiron22

Last edited by chiron22 : 04-14-2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: and...
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 12:09 AM
Enthusiast
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Glad you like the changes! Yes, I'll beef up the front hooves, too. I already thickened the front legs but didn't touch the hooves, so, yes, they can use a bit more! Two new commission ideas? Can't wait! I do love the interaction of melding your ideas with my interpretations...always fun and challenging! Today was a family day of furniture shopping (didn't find any thing yet) and dining out! Hope to work on this painting again tomorrow.
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 11:03 PM

Hi Kerry, I agree! We do compliment each other with ideas & cooperation! May we continue to share ideas for a long time! chiron22
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 04:42 AM
Enthusiast
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

I worked on the male centaurs horse body today, getting the colors/values beefed up. Added some hair detailing on the chest and front legs and some on the back end. Added highlights and a dark violet glaze to the black female, and, worked the foreground hillside on the left adding grasses and moss to the marble ruins. I'm really bouncing around on this one...as usual, lol! There is still a lot to be done on all, but, I think it is getting where we can see how it is going to look finished now...not long now!

#52   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 05:28 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

This is turning out fantastic! I love the updates!
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 06:11 AM
Long Island NY

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposa-art
This is turning out fantastic! I love the updates!
I agree. Thanks for showing the updates.

#54   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 06:43 AM
Enthusiast
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Hi, Mariposa and Newb! Glad you are enjoying it!
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 11:20 AM

Hi Kerry & all, Kerry's eye for the small details in her paintings is what drew me to her, a few years ago. Grasses, insects, flowers, etc. makes her one strand paint brush get used a lot! LOL! She is a perfectionist in her oil painting skill & I love every brush stroke of hers! May she have a mural of her very own oneday! Getting better & better, Kerry! Thanks again for your diligence in every painting! Sincerely, chiron22
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Enthusiast
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

A mural! With the way I paint! It would take me a lifetime to complete! No...too much work for me! Appreciate the thought, though! ...oh, and the one hair brush gets worn out and replaced very frequently! (sorry, no updates yet...soon!)
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2012, 03:58 AM
Enthusiast
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

I only got to work this a little today and worked entirely on the female archer. She is coming along, but, will need more work. These pics show the sky better than the last set...now you can see the additions of more static/lightning coming off the crystal.

#58   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2012, 09:07 PM

Dear Kerry & all, The static lightning from the crystal looks very nice! The Female Archer is coming along also! The whole painting is building up piece by piece to a possible Cryshindo(sp)! LOL! Thanks for your superb efforts! Sincerely, chiron22
  #59   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2012, 12:24 AM
Enthusiast
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Yeah, I can't spell worth beans, either! LOL! It is starting to pull together now. I trying to get everything as close to done now as I can, although I know I will have tons of tweaking and fixing to do for awhile yet. I have not even begun to get into the clothing, weopons, and other gear, yet, and, I still need to do more on the figures in the background. The large parts are getting there now, but, still an incredible amount of detailing I want to do, still. You know how it goes!

My main focus today was to get the wounded female's face done. I also did some touch ups on the archer's face and worked the foreground some.

Close-up of her face. I may add more highlights and deepen some shadows later.

Worked the archer's face, hands, and hair. Still need to deepen her lips so they show up better. Her lower lip blends into her face too much and gets lost. I'll add a red glaze to bring that color up after this layer dries.
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2012, 11:36 AM

Dearest Kerry & lookers on, The archer...Don't forget the quiver arrows! LOL! The wife/companion of the Sorcerer Is coming along VERY nicely! Her blouse is exceptional in simplicity & free movement! The expression on her face is heart rendering. DAMN HUMANS!!!! To wound her & kill in an unjust WAR, thousands of her kind in the past few years! It is fitting for the Centaurs to leave no trace behind & have the Humans fight among themselves from now on! I see that the wife's belt has the same plate as the Sorcerer's leather shoulder cape. It identifies them as life mates. Even though slightly wounded with a spear point cut, the wife's lower body coat will shine with health! A good job all around, Kerry. Knowing YOU, there will be many, many tweaks & corrections that you decide will be needed to complete this REALLY fine Painting! I salute you again for your thourough & loving talent in oils! A Grateful, chiron22