WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Florals and Botanical
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#76   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2012, 12:07 AM
Texas

Hails from United States
Re: The Greenies' Room: April 2012

Elaine, I am being a good student and painting my PP early this month! DH used to play golf and I did as a youth, but this is mainly for the fundraiser of the Mission House. Actually I was a golf orphan when I was in Junior High and up. . .Daddy and Mother played all of the time, so I learned to play, too. DH played with them when we were just going together. Ahhh, the memories!

Thanks, Viv, for the B'day wish for our son!! I will tell him! Yes, they grow up fast and then they are fathers!! Wow!!

Meryl, Girlfriend, don't you ever give yourself a bit of a break??? Rest when your body says to and just relax a bit. . .when you get in your 'groove', you will feel like painting again!

Hello, Peeps, be sure that Kay knows we are busy painting! Oh, hi, Kay!!

Katherine
  #77   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2012, 10:32 AM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from Scotland

Finish my PP number one,hopefully I have number two,and so on.Was so excited paint all day yesterday,then it ended up lookin like a Bugsbunny background ...me and my "kill-the-background-finish"...
Nice day here.stay inside just cleaning and doing stuff,got sketch done,would paint again tommorow..
Hugs
  #78   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Texas

Hails from United States

[b]WOW!!!![/B] It hit and I jumped 10 feet and ran and got DH. . .it was not a tornado, thanks goodness, but it was a huge, very loud POP!! I was on the computer-WetCanvas, and a golf ball sailed into one of my windows breaking the outside glass. . .the little golf ball is sitting in the grass like an Easter egg! I didn't know how much sunshield was on the outside window until the sun started coming in full force! Someone on the golf course is probably talking about his bad shot. . .us, too! We have had them hit the house on occasion, but never a window!!

Has your day been exciting, too?

Agnes, keep painting!! We know how beautiful they will be! Hugs!!

Hey, Peeps!!!

Katherine
  #79   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Horses make me happy

Hails from Australia

I had my art show last night. It went very well. I sold 2 drawings and have 2 more sales pending with a possible commission from an interior decorator as she has to talk to her client.

Katherine sorry about the window. It is a shame that no one was curteous enough to apologize and offer to pay for the repairs.
Aint nothing illegal til you get caught - Tickle
My RIL Photos Discoveries With Color My Photos
  #80   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2012, 02:26 PM
60mi North of NYC

Hails from United States

Wow Katherine I would have jumped too, holy cow can't say that I have ever had that happen, good thing there was an outside glass. Do you intend to maybe go to the clubhouse and ask if anyone lost his ball...like in your window No excitement here cept it's trash day on Monday, where the town picks up all your old stuff, couches, chairs, you name it and Larry is making a pile, the excitement comes when he catches me bringing in some of the stuff he's just put out...@#*** usually it's my junk and I like it left A-lone...

I was being good about my PP until I decided to do it on a 15 x20 illustration board...hahahaha now I'm thinking what 'was' I thinking, may end up being a PP project WIP...

Hope the rest of your day is uneventful..

Hugs,
Elaine

Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better. André Gide Forum Projects: Plant Parade projects in
Florals/Botanicals,
Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
  #81   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2012, 02:31 PM
60mi North of NYC

Hails from United States

Wow Carol that is exciting, congratulations!!! The Interior Decorator might just turn out to be an extremely good connection, I hope the client says yes, but then they'd be rather silly if they didn't, I can attest to the fact that your work makes a wall come to life! Way to go girl!!

Hugs,
Elaine

Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better. André Gide Forum Projects: Plant Parade projects in
Florals/Botanicals,
  #82   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Texas

Hails from United States

We are not on the fairway, but in the middle of the addition. . .really a bad shot!! Well, maybe not! See the difference in the sunshield? The cats know something is not right in the computer room, but are not sure what. We have more sound, too.

Why do DH's think that they can carry off our stuff??? Our newspaper does not even get cold until it is in the trash!! What about the 'thinking process'??

Oh, Carol, congratulations on your Show, sales, and possible commissions! You make us look good running in your 'Crowd'! I suppose we will have to 'drop' your name from time to time. . .in the Art Circles!!

BTW, Meryl, what is the age of your Toy Boy??

Hugs, Katherine
  #83   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Lord of the Arts
120kms south of Brisbane, Australia

Hails from Australia

Teach saw the broken glass first and wondered what the hell you were doing then read previous posts . I can imagine you would have jumped, I would have been peeling me off the ceiling.

As to toyboy, not game to ask!!!!!

Carol thrilled your show went well and on sales and your new connection.. Just wondering how you going to fit everything in if the Interior designer work pans out....

I have been doing a couple of paintings for Tracie new flat. Not my usual style but her choice.
I used impasto on one as an experiment, not sure if its a good thing,. I know nothing about this medium and have a feeling mine might have been crook, I actually mashed it with a fork Well Im committed now so shall have to make the best of it.

This is the first one I completed. I found it so hard not to detail and didnt quite succeed. It suits the bedroom perfectly but is tooo small to really do the job. its Acrylic 60 x 90, so will have to go to the lounge. They wanted $30 for a large canvas, and we just couldnt swing it. Have to wait for a special to come up.

Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. (Thomas Merton)
C&C Most Welcome and Desired.
  #84   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Texas

Hails from United States

Wow, Meryl, this is beautiful work!! I am glad that you did such detailed work in the fg!! The water is beautiful, too! Mmmm. . .I may have an empty wall, Meryl. . .

Yes, the window drama was exciting, but we will wait until Monday to contact our insurance people. I am so thankful that it only took one layer out and not both!!

Have been working on my PP. It is so nice to have time to work on it! I have to get into full painting mode because the Art Show will still be here in November!!

Hugs, Katherine
  #85   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 09:18 AM
60mi North of NYC

Hails from United States

Geeze Katherine, one can only imagine the speed at which that ball was traveling, that was a hit and a half, so really glad seeing this it did not go through both. Anyone even come round to check and see if the dang ball hit something other then the green, you'd think they'd know after hitting it it wasn't going in er the right direction.

Meryl that's fantastic girlfriend, water is lovely and the touch in the foreground is well done, sometimes shying away from details is not always the best idea, I love the look of this and those heads on the reeds (not sure what else to call them sorry) but they are really the perfect touch IMO. I just finished one last week, beach grass, no water tho..haha

Hi as well to Maureen, Carol, Tracey, Shirl if you're peekin' in, Blue wherever you are, Raymo behind the scenes watchin' I'm sure..haha, Agnes sweetie,
Patti, all the peeps.

Off to Mass will catch ya later,
Hugs all round,
Elaine

Florals/Botanicals,
  #86   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 10:19 AM
A Local Legend
Brownsville TX "On the Border, By the Sea"

Hails from United States

Peek, peek.

I'm pretty sure when you live on a golf course, stray ball damage is considered a hazard the homeowner has to expect and the golfer is not liable. I've gotten a dozen or more free golf balls over the course of a few years, but fortunately nothing ever broken. I do have a terrific view of the action, and it is an attraction that keeps the other side of my house rented every winter.
  #87   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 12:58 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Crikey Katherine! Glad it was a window and not your head it crashed into!
that would certainly have put you to sleep!

Meryl - super painting - I like this very much - you should do more of the sublimely soothing simple stuff!

Carol - well done - and hope the consultaion bears fruit too.

Hi to all - quick visit - been very busy this weekend, plus important concert for DH's choir last night so been AWOL from WC for nearly 48 hours!

Have my ref for the PP ready and the new colours I ordered, just not the opportunity to start yet.
AG - bet yours is already drop-dead gorgeous!

Have to make dinner now - so wish we didn't have to eat sometimes!
and

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My saa website**
  #88   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Texas

Hails from United States

Quote:
when you live on a golf course, stray ball damage is considered a hazard the homeowner has to expect and the golfer is not liable
Shirl, you are correct!

Thanks for the support, everyone!

Almost finished with my PP. . .well, until I go to the Studio and everyone sees stuff that needs to be fixed!

Hugs, Katherine
  #89   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 01:53 AM
Lord of the Arts
120kms south of Brisbane, Australia

Hails from Australia

Thanks for the comments on the painting, Im really pleased. I found it damn hard to paint actually, all these straight flat lines.
Mum your right again, have been noticing that the current trend here in art for modern homes and offices is this sort. Minimal colours, detail etc. I had to detail the foreground it was just tooo boring.

Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. (Thomas Merton)
C&C Most Welcome and Desired.
  #90   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Texas

Hails from United States

I'm off to the Studio, just wanted to say "HI"!!

Meryl, you did a fab job on the painting!!

Hugs, Katherine