WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2012, 09:19 AM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst, Ontario

Hails from Canada
Re: ***The Daily Wash, Friday, April 13, 2012***

Good morning everyone... I'm really late checking in this morning... I was browsing around and got (very easily) distracted. The sun is shining and warming us up quickly...

Tomorrow promises rain so Ted's going to get the rest of the lawn cut today. I have a couple of errands to run in town.

As soon as my next Workshop Session was finalized, I sent a note out to my distribution list of Students. We've already filled five of the 12 seats... and the notice hasn't even gone to the Box Office (where Students sign up)...

I bought nothing from the Norwex Party that I attended last night. In fact, I was just a little miffed... most of their products are manufactured in China... and for some reason, it bothered me quite a bit...

I'm going to *cop* out and say what Darla said... she said it all so well... But, I do want to add a couple things...

Lorna, I somehow missed your post yesterday... Welcome back and please accept my heartfelt condolences on your loss...

Darla... I'm glad that your parents are taking matters into their own hands... they'll be in my thoughts...

Lyn... I'm really sorry about this setback... but as Uschi has said... please don't let this defeat all the progress you've already made! ((hugs))

Gail... please be careful on the uneven ground... I'm having a little trouble imagining that walker moving easily across the yard... for successful stair maneuvers!

Okey dokey... I must do something productive with my day and that means I have to shut down this computer... Please enjoy and happy and creative day...

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2012, 09:38 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
Another sunny but cool day here (temperature is around freezing) so I'll get more bedding on the line before rain tomorrow. I will also try and do a little raking. then there is always the long list of paper work and emails to take care of.

Uschi - the oil workshop is this weekend so you will see some colour on the painting soon.

I am going to keep this short and continue with my "to do" list. Have a great start to the weekend everyone.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2012, 10:29 AM
A WC! Legend
Island Grove, Just north of Toronto, Ontario Canada

Hails from Canada

Back again for a bit.

Darla, I agree about your parents taking proactive steps to an accurate diagnosis. That is a lot of hours sitting in a car. Would it not be easier on them to fly there. Most airlines are very accomodating to those who are in medical crisis.

Char, I will be careful on the uneven ground and I will be using the rollator walker we have rented. It has a sturdy frame with heavy duty wheels for outdoor use. It 's pretty good even on the gravel driveway and Dan will be beside me.

Ellen, looking forward to seeing your first oil painting.

Cheers,

Gail

Last edited by Strawberry Wine : 04-13-2012 at 10:33 AM.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2012, 10:36 AM
A Local Legend
Windswept Prairieland

Hails from United States

Good morning all.
Not much going on down in Dixie. It's cooler than normal, but I'll take it. Only up to 75' today. The base has been having sporting field days for the past three days. It boils down to over 30s playing sports all day, and going home moaning for their youth and going to work the next day smelling of Bengay/menthol. Today it culminates with a large party/ picnic at 11.
I'm scouring the RIL for another victim for the studio while I await a plein air set up in the post.
Mom loves the clematis. It's not my favorite, but it's what she wanted in the colours and style she wanted.

Hugs to all those in need. Stay out of trouble this weekend.
For those playing along, we are now #8 for a house. Bumped two slots. ::banging head on desk::
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Enthusiast
northeast Tennessee

Hails from United States

Good morning Friday the 13th. I have no luck anyway. I found 3 four leaf clovers the other day and brought them in, one of the cats ate them.
It has been frosting about every night but no damage to anything. Sunny day times but cooler still. Dogwood winter.

Lyn, It's always something isn't it? Just hang in there friend.

Gail, I am so glad to see you posting and I hope the pain is getting more manageable. A garden walk always makes me feel better.

Darla, Wise decision I think. Your family is in my prayers.

I have osteoarthritis and osteoporosis and the dreaded rheumatoid as well. I don't think I have a joint that doesn't hurt at times. I just keep plugging along. That is one reason I don't post a lot, the hands are the worst.

I started a new project yesterday. Making eggshell mosaic jewelry and boxes. Something different and fun to play with. Will show you when i get something finished. I put a thick layer of acrylic like glue on top and I have a bubble in it. Anyone know how to fix that?

I agree with Char, Darla said it all so well so I will say what they said, lazy way out.
Have a blessed weekend all. I am going to a library book sale, hoping to find some art books. No more novels. I am reading so much on my Sony reader and reading much more and loving it. It is so much easier on my hands.

Sue
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:13 AM
WC! Guide
Michigan

Hails from United States

I forgot to say HAPPY FRIDAY the 13th!....I'm not superstitious. and that my daughter found a lump in her breast and has to have an ultrasound; she can't have a mammogram because she's still breast feeding Klaira. Worried we are. The doctor doesn't seem to think it's a milk gland.

Gail, we offered to fly them but...they don't like flying at all...it'd only be about 1 hour if that to fly there...that's the way to go; but they'd rather drive.

Char, wow only 7 more slots left. Your classes are always full; good for you. I just don't know about that Norwex product. Made in China... hmmm I just find it hard to believe it'll clean countertops of meat juices without any product and safely at that!

Ellen, I really like your painting so far; cannot wait to see some color too.

Caryl, whoohoo....you're moving on up.

Waving to you Sue; looking forward to see your boxes soon.

Almost lunch time...today is flying by. I have a lower backache again today...I can tell Klaira is getting bigger. She's only in the 5th percentile for weight and height though...a itty bitty thing.

GO REDWINGS...

Painting should be a happy experience, not a pressured activity. No artist can paint a masterpiece every time he paints.” ~Lian Quan Zhen -
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Resting in Peace
Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, Tennessee

Hails from United States

I'm baaaack!!!

Thanks for hugs, etc. I'm just frustrated , because nothing that is wrong with me can be remedied by surgery, cured by medicine, etc. The "ills" can only be "managed." I'm still doing well on all my "numbers, etc.," except for the apnea, oxygen issue. I'm with the rest of you on the osteoarthritis; pain.

JudyL, for the osteoporosis, my docs have said weight-bearing exercise.

Hugs to all in any kind of pain or trouble.

Lyn
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2012, 06:24 PM
Immortalized
Just south of Sacramento

Hails from United States

Ok weight bearing exercise I have been walking the mile to Starbucks with Jack about 3 times a week, Oh and I have mint tea, no sugar! He has a latte with an extra shot (but runs 2 or 3 times a week) Ususally my exercise is walking around Target and the supermarket.

One more thing, somehow I have missed the meaning of the ears? not that I mind, just curious.

And my calcium does contain magnesium.

Off to go get the grand kids.

TTFN

The Artist Formerly Known as Jlyn
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2012, 07:10 PM
A WC! Legend
Island Grove, Just north of Toronto, Ontario Canada

Hails from Canada

Hi again !

Just a quick pop in to say I managed to walk around the garden. We do need some rain !!! Supposed to happen over the next few days. I sat on the deck for a bit and then headed back upstairs for a very long nap.

Sue, ir did make me feel good seeing all the perennials coming up.

Darla, I am sorry to hear that your Mom and Dad are that uncomfortable with flying. I am so worried about the lenght of the drive. Perhaps the entire family can convince them.

LOts of lumpy things happen when breast feeding. to Jen and hoping she can get an ultrasound appointment quickly.. Any lump discovery is so very scary.

Caryl, have a fun time at the party.

Dinner is almost ready

Cheers,

Gail