WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:07 PM
A Local Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: ****Daily Wash Thursday April 12 2012****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scene Chaser
Lorna, Some of us have been to Hereford in Herfordshire. If you get to there, say hello to our friend, Jaytee of the art gallery in town. We have not heard from her is quite some time.

Bill

Bill..she does post elsewhere I believe ....as you may remember I called to see her in Kington last year (June/July)...but she wasn't in the Gallery and hasn't been in the Wash since!...perhaps Lorna will have more luck..I didn't know that JayTee only lived 'up the road' from the gallery...and didn't have any phone numbers..

geoff

Last edited by shipbroker : 04-12-2012 at 12:11 PM.
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:08 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

News report just now said that his "body" has been found in the woods near his house. Why didn't they look there last night???

P.S.: tis is pretty well the same place where Flo and I found a dead 23 year old man 14 years ago. His bike was put against a tree and he lay on the ground, what looked like, sleeping peacefully. No drugs, no alcohol, I think they had trouble finding out why he died. I think I'll stay away from that place.

Jana, I hope all of your plans work out!! You are right, all the money in the world isn't worth killing yourself over it.

O.K. lunch after all the hard work I have done this morning then I am off.

Uschi

Last edited by Uschi : 04-12-2012 at 12:12 PM.
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Immortalized
Nelspruit, South Africa

Hails from South Africa

Good evening all,
The summer season is coming to its end here in the Lowveld, SA. It's very much cooler in the evenings and at night (very good for sleeping) and daytime high not above +25C.
It's now about 8 weeks since our beloved Labrador, Rufus, had to be put to sleep, but we have had much help to overcome the sorrows by a little Schnauzer puppy, Nala, that a friend of ours have left with us for day-care. She is totally black and I cannot understand how one could paint her in WCs.

She was only 10 weeks old when we started to care for her, and she's now 15 weeks old. She's a very clever little dog and loves to play with our big, old Boerboel Bitch, who is not very much into playing.

@Geoff - I have read(listened to) 4 James Herriot books during the last couple days. Very nice kind of literature.

Tommy
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 02:44 PM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
Checking in late today. I've been working on the computer and paperwork since early this morning. Still haven't gotten to the taxes but just about caught up on everything else. I also got some of the heavy bedding (quilts etc) washed (by hand... or rather stomped by foot in the bathtub) and hung on the line to dry. It is sunny but they were starting to freeze last time I checked.

Lots of talk of travelling today. Our first big trip is going to be next year for my son's wedding in Jamaica. We have never been able to afford big trips so this will be an adventure.

I better get back to my work. I have to make the agenda and get everything organized for our art club's business meeting tonight. First I have to call my job share partner to work out our schedule for the summer so we are both off when we want to be. It never ends... I guess taxes will have to wait until tomorrow.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 03:42 PM
A Local Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Quote:
@Geoff - I have read(listened to) 4 James Herriot books during the last couple days. Very nice kind of literature.

Tommy

Tommy...I passed his son in Thirsk today about 100 yards from the old Surgery!...........now ...as Doug and many others know....a Heriott Heritage Centre much as it was when Jim Wight wrote the books.....

geoff
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 04:46 PM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst, Ontario

Hails from Canada
Wink Re: ****Daily Wash Thursday April 12 2012****

Hi Painter People! The fog burned off quickly... the sun shone brilliantly and we've had a superb, if cool, Spring Day... Ted got the lawn cut and the bird feeders filled... lots of little sticks picked up... it all looks so nice and "groomed"...

I finished my lesson plan for the next Workshop Session which will begin in just a few weeks! How nervey is this? I'm going to demo gallery wrapping and we'll be painting two small compositions on them!

I also worked on one of my own small paintings... It's almost done and I'd like to begin work on the second one tomorrow...

I have a Norwex Party to attend tonight... I hate these home sales parties and never want to hurt my friends' feelings when they invite me. It's just Ted and I for supper, so we're going to keep it simple with just soup and sandwiches... of course... the bread is homemade and the soup is made from my own stewed tomatoes...

Uschi, that's just so sad to think that absolutely no one missed this poor man until today...

Bill, I'm definitely an osteo A person... It's interesting (or discouraging) that not much research has been done compared with rheumatoid A...

Oh Darla... what a shame about your Dad's Dr...

That's the attitude, Jana! Life IS short and it's meant to be lived!

Geoff, I did see Janet (Jaytee) on FB awhile ago... but I never both with it much and haven't logged in for some time...

Tommy... there's lots of colour in that sweet little dog... I did a very, very quick study and came up with this...

Ellen... taxes...

So, I'd better get myself looking relatively human... and then put a little supper on the table... Have a great evening/morning everyone!

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 04:58 PM
A WC! Legend
Island Grove, Just north of Toronto, Ontario Canada

Hails from Canada

Late afternoon here, Washers. Beautiful sunny day but a brisk north wind has been blowing off the lake so only sat on the back deck for 15 minutes. Dan hoisted a portion of the Igloo and counted 10 frogs. The Marsh Marigold is in full bloom in the pond and those surrounding it are 4 x the size of the perennials in the rest of the garden.. This is all I saw from my seat on the deck.

MY Doctor's appointment went well. Staples will be coming out next Wed and we have worked out a way to manage my pain levels somewhat.

Jana, good for you deciding to take the two trips this year... Glad that you are planning towards a more stress free career.

Uschi, that is so sad about the gentleman found in the woods.

Tommy, what a cute puppy. I know how much a puppy can help ease the sorrow of losing a well loved canine.

Lorna, glad to see you posting again. I am sorry to read of your loss.

Darla, hoping that the inconclusive means that it may not be a malignant tumour.

Ellen, working out vacation schedules is definitely a priority over taxes.

SYL

Cheers,

Gail
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 06:06 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to play scrabble or do some gardening. By the time I decided to play I would have been late and if I was late I'd have to wait for them to finish the first game, so I decided not to go Instead I cleared out the last areas of my garden. The raking absolutely kills my back.

I also fertilized the grass, but there is absolutely no point in doing some
weeding because the ground is like a rock, we need some rain.

Char, I have no idea about this poor man's living conditions, sincle, married, living with children???? or if they reported him missing yesterday evening and the police had to wait their designated hours before they started accepting the fact that he was missing. Aren't these home parties a nuisance

Tommy, that is a cute little doggie and if he is a 15 week old puppy - doubly cute!!

Gail, glad things are doing well in your garden. Last night's heavy frost did some of my rose bush sprouts in.

about the news for better pain management and also that everything looks normal!!!! and more that you were able to sit on your deck!!!

This spring season is so messed up, everything is in standstill. My forsythia bush has been blooming for 4 weeks now, normally for 2, because the nights are still pretty cool. The daffodils same as the forsythia. The tulips that normally bloom about a week after the daffodils are playing the waiting game

Ellen, when is your oil workshop?? I keep checking to see if there is any colour on your painting yet Keep putting your loose change into your jar

Hi Geoff!!

Uschi

#39   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 07:03 PM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM
((JJ)) You really did some damage to your arm... I don't understand what additional information an ultra sound would provide after your x-ray... Did your Dr. tell you to keep that arm immobile?
No, quite the opposite. Moving it will keep it from freezing. It sure lets me know when I have done the wrong thing. I am going to cancel my walk Sunday though, I can't see me walking 5 hours on a twisted ankle, even with an ankle wrap. Pity, as it is going to be an awesome walk too.

Philippe, pity about the rain eh. Hope you get to paint inside then.

Darla, hugs to you, your Mom and Dad!!!

Jana have a ball in China. The best language to learn, the one most used, is Mandarin, according to Thai my neighbour and friend. :-)) Adventures must come first. We never know, when the time will come that we are no longer able to adventure. Lie is for living to the fullest.

Lorna, my condolences on your loss of Len. I am glad you are still keeping your business..

Uschi

Tommy, black is not black. Try using burnt sienna with your blues to make a black. Underpaint the whole dog in blue, then paint over with your black mix. The burnt sienna will give your black warmth. (Oh I see Char beat me to it. That's what comes from living at the bottom of the world

Ellen you must be getting excited already. You will love Jamaica I am sure. Johanne goes there often as does her sister Linda. They absolutely love it..

Yay Gail. Glad things are improving!!

....elbow is burning now. Time to get Elise and I some porridge.....

Blog
~ Location Sketches ~
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Enthusiast
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

Some sad news to report, the baby bunnies did not make it. I tried my best to protect them.

The flowers and vegetables that I planted in the containers have taken off and are growing. Once I have killed all the weeds in the small garden area, I will build a deck that will hold my containers for flowers and vegetables. It will be so much easier on my back.

Uschi: Not only do I have acid reflux, but I have a hiatal hernia. My grandmother had one, and so does my aunt. I take up after that side of the family. I gave away the cake to a neighbor to resist the temptation to eat it again. To play it safe last night, I slept in my recliner until 3:30 a.m., then went to bed. Now I have a stiff neck! That poor man dying by himself in the cold.

JJ: I thought I was accident prone, but you have me beat. Just follow doctor's orders.

Darla: No news is good news! I am hoping for the best for your father.

Gail: Glad that you are able to sit outside and enjoy spring. I loved having fish ponds, but we had owls that would come for dinner. It is so hot here during the summer, you are constantly fighting algae. I gave up until I have more time to devote to it's care.

Char: Everyone has given up on me with house parties. Most are from people at work, and I just do not socialize with them outside of work.

To everyone in need.

Nancy
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Immortalized
Just south of Sacramento

Hails from United States

Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions, regarding the osteoporosis I have been diagnosed with, and thank you Bill for the clarification, I did check as I was not sure either. I am taking 1200 mg and it also has 1000 IU of Vitamin D good thing I checked though I was supposed to be taking 2 of them We both have bikes so I will get Jack to check it out and I will tool around our neighborhood, and step up the walking to Starbucks. Not today though, rain, Boy did it rain! Storm warnings and everything! When it stops raining I will get lots of sun, this is the Sacramento Valley! But I am supposed to use sunscreen as well guess I will have to go outside before I get dressed
Oh and had greek yogurt for dessert!

The Artist Formerly Known as Jlyn
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2012, 07:25 AM
Herefordshire, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipbroker
Bill..she does post elsewhere I believe ....as you may remember I called to see her in Kington last year (June/July)...but she wasn't in the Gallery and hasn't been in the Wash since!...perhaps Lorna will have more luck..I didn't know that JayTee only lived 'up the road' from the gallery...and didn't have any phone numbers..

geoff
I looked for Art Galleries in Kington, but can't find one, The nearest seems to be in Clyro, would that be the one?
Lorna