WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Mixed Media, Alternative Materials, and Other Media
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 11:43 PM
northern cali

Hails from United States
Red face mixed media or mixed me?

I am new to, not only this site, but referring to myself as an artist. I have done my art for years, but have always wondered what "credentials" or background defines me as an artist, and actually, it is what I have created over the years, the appreciation I have received, the amount of money that I have made, the latter, up until now, being least important. I have always, in the past, sold my "stuff" locally, to family and friends. But, now, I am hoping to "broaden my horizons". I guess what I do, would fit into "mixed media", or now, I see the "shoe" that might fit, alternative materials, which is a classification that I have not seen before, and that tells me even more, that I think that I have found a "home" here. My medium is feathers, all things feathers. I have made dragons, fairies, wolves, butterflies, and more. From table tops in an eye-catching design, (covered in glass of course), to feather butterfly mobiles, that dance in the breeze, jewelry, and hairpieces, dreamcatchers, serving trays, (again covered in glass), flowers, and more. What I hope to gain here, is knowledge, and hopefully, a little more confidence. I think one of the hardest parts in the past, is the "putting myself out there" part, a friend of mine, who is an artist also, explained the feeling as, "you are the only one on the beach naked..." , and I was pleased that someone was able to explain it to me. But he also said, but, you gotta do it. So here I am, I'm skeered....
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 10:04 AM
WC! Guide
Loony Toonsville

Hails from United States
Re: mixed media or mixed me?

Welcome to the MM forum at WetCanvas! I would say that features definitely qualifies as an "alternative material"

Once you've posted a few more times, you'll be able to post pictures and share your work with us. I know I'd certainly like to see it!
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 10:36 AM
northern cali

Hails from United States

Thanks, I am excited to be here, and am anxious to upload, lol
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2012, 10:31 PM
A WC! Legend
Wandering the Wonderland

Hails from Bahamas

Oh, I for one can't wait to see what you do with feathers!

Welcome to Wetcanvas!

Li

"Success won't spoil me; I've been insufferable for years!" fran lebowitz