WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#136   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Immortalized
Oregon Art Dork

Hails from Scotland
Re: Quick Dry Cafe, April 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattiLou
I have my laptop... doesn't do much good when you are driving though! And now, the connection at the campground is reaaaaallly slow. Thanks for thinking of me Ray.

Hope to get some pictures tomorrow, but who knows... sometimes the birds and gators hide.

....yes, pics please.

Raymo's Super Hot Damn Art-o-Rama Page
  #137   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 12:08 AM
Veteran Member
Oregon

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-Art-S...ht_2889wt_1226

If I were closer I would think about those drafting tables.

Yeah, $50 for the drafting tables and $1200 for gas does seem a little out of balance.
  #138   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 12:12 AM
Immortalized
Oregon Art Dork

Hails from Scotland

Maybe Kathie will buy me one and PattiCakes can drive it out here.

#139   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 09:14 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Hi all

Patti - the slow site might not have been the Campground's fault - WC was painfully slow last evening (my time) - Elaine had same problem.
I gave up - those spinning circles do my head in!!!!!!!!!!

Christina - nice to know your name

The drafting table's a bargain - pity it's so far away

I have instructions to get used to Ebay - haven't used it before but DH has items he wants to sell - so I'm the one who has to do the research!

April showers and...... hailstones!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My saa website**
  #140   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 12:40 PM

My grand daughter is excited today is her Birthday she is 5. Taking her to lunch in a little while.
  #141   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Germany

Hails from Germany

Nice to know you too, Christina. Hope you had fun with your little granddaughter.

Maureen, rain, snow, hail, 20 degrees C and sunshine. April weather. We have had it all in about four days!! My friend sorted out E Bay for her hubby who also wanted to sell some antique tools. Guess what, she became totally hooked on the whole things, bids for the most crazy things and noone sees her anymore. Watch out, my friend. Stick to your painting.

Going to see a movie tonight about some English tourists who end up in a group in an Indian (India) Pension. It looks like fun with some good actors and actresses taking part. Our cinema here in Bad Wörishofen is like something out of the fifties, really retro. It has a ceiling with stars and the moon etc, huge heavy velvet curtains and wonderful wide plush velvet chairs. Even still has ashtrays on the seats in front of one. I always think of Cinema Paradiso when I go there. It is run by a little old man and his wife who show you to your seats with a torch (flashlight for my USA friends). He even asked one large fellow to move a seat away as he wa directly in front of me. Wonderful. Just love the ambience.

Patti, hope you're have a grand old time and enjoying the outdoors.

Chat later. Hugs.

My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades
My website: chammi-kaiser.de
  #142   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 04:04 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

How nice that sounds Chammi - a real throwback ......... where are we ever shown to seats these days! sounds like you're enjoying Bavaria

I don't intend getting hooked on Ebay - but I would like to know the best way of using it .......... really don't want to spend my time surfing!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**My saa website**
  #143   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 04:27 PM
WC! Guide
the state of confusion, Florida...

Hails from United States

Maureen, try ebay for dummies. Pretty good book and makes it a bit more understandable.
"The thing about art is that life is in no danger of being meaningless," Robert Genn
  #144   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 04:29 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Sounds like something I need!
I'll check Amazon thanks Howard.

**My saa website**
  #145   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Florida

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by chammi kaiser
Nice to know you too, Christina. Hope you had fun with your little granddaughter.

Maureen, rain, snow, hail, 20 degrees C and sunshine. April weather. We have had it all in about four days!! My friend sorted out E Bay for her hubby who also wanted to sell some antique tools. Guess what, she became totally hooked on the whole things, bids for the most crazy things and noone sees her anymore. Watch out, my friend. Stick to your painting.

Going to see a movie tonight about some English tourists who end up in a group in an Indian (India) Pension. It looks like fun with some good actors and actresses taking part. Our cinema here in Bad Wörishofen is like something out of the fifties, really retro. It has a ceiling with stars and the moon etc, huge heavy velvet curtains and wonderful wide plush velvet chairs. Even still has ashtrays on the seats in front of one. I always think of Cinema Paradiso when I go there. It is run by a little old man and his wife who show you to your seats with a torch (flashlight for my USA friends). He even asked one large fellow to move a seat away as he wa directly in front of me. Wonderful. Just love the ambience.

Patti, hope you're have a grand old time and enjoying the outdoors.

Chat later. Hugs.

That movie sounds like The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1412386/ It doesn't come out in the USA until May 4th, but it looks hilarious. These older aged tourists think it will be a magnificent hotel, but it's really just an internet scam. When they show up the hotel is in shambles. LOL.

The movie theater sounds nice except for the ashtrays...indoor smoking is pretty much gone in the USA. It was a shock when we got to Italy last summer and everyone was smoking indoors!
-Spencer "Many believe - and I believe - that I have been designated for this work by God. In spite of my old age, I do not want to give it up; I work out of love for God and I put all my hope in Him." -Michelangelo

#146   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Immortalized
Oregon Art Dork

Hails from Scotland

I used to love the smell of cigars when I was a kid. Like at the fair or an old time auction.

#147   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Immortalized
Oregon Art Dork

Hails from Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Mum
I don't intend getting hooked on Ebay - but I would like to know the best way of using it .......... really don't want to spend my time surfing!

Come here and sit on my lap (I only have one computer chair ) and I will teach you everything you need to know.....about eBay.

#148   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Florida

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo
Come here and sit on my lap (I only have one computer chair ) and I will teach you everything you need to know.....about eBay.

Shameless!
-Spencer "Many believe - and I believe - that I have been designated for this work by God. In spite of my old age, I do not want to give it up; I work out of love for God and I put all my hope in Him." -Michelangelo

#149   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Germany

Hails from Germany

Spencer, you are quite right, that is the movie. It was absolutely delightful. Brilliant acting, funny, sad, positive and inspiring. I can assure you that those ashtrays were not used. Smoking is banned in all cinemas and theatres, indoor sports arenas, etc. etc. in Germany. Has been for a long while now. Raymo is not only shameless. He is positively weird but we still love him!!

Howard, that sounds like the kind of book I too, need to read.

Maureen, this little town in which we have our apartment is wonderful. Just love it. All the modern stores etc. about five kilometres in the commercial area and the town itself has sidewalk cafes, small boutiques, a couple of beer gardens and a huge old convent with elderly nuns hobbling around and of course a theatre and our Cinema Paradiso.

Good night everyone. Enjoy your chatting. Hugs.

My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades
My website: chammi-kaiser.de
  #150   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Immortalized
Oregon Art Dork

Hails from Scotland

I wonder if you can get a good hamburger in Hamburg ?