WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Glass Art > Let's Talk > Glass Works Lobby
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#53971   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-10-2012, 09:09 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
massachusetts

Hails from United States
Re: Newbie Glass Help and Coffee House

Hi

maggie oh boy those "test" with the open notes policy/open book always proved to be the hardest when I was in school for some reason... so hopping that is not the case for you.

karen yummy peeps... love those! and carols you are so lucky.. to be so close.. how fun it would be to take a tour of that factory! We've been to different once in the pass.. just fun and interesting.. from hersheys choclates in pennsivannia, Jerry's icecream in vermont.. to the anhsyer bush in new hampshire... Peeps... might be a fun visit..

Tami... you could be the resident kitty saver..lol...

well not much going on here.. I actually am on my 3rd day off now back for 3 days working.. sigh.. Easter I was off.. but spent the day cooking serving and cleaning.. nice to spend time with family... its so hard to get the girls here at the same time... so we where all home..

for some reason I have a bit of pain in my neck and upper back... ouch.. so hoping that gets better.. I've just been laying low.. I have a bracelet started and havin't worked on it.. need to get on that..
computer is very slow this week... so probably need to defrag or sometlhing... on a good note we upgraded phones.. this weekend.. smart phones.. so the learning curve.. is a bit steep for us.. but its getting there..

so sorry I feel like i'm just picking up from this page.. just don't have the energy to go back and catch up... you have been a busy bunch.

Just Me. Diane :
D
  #53972   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Veteran Member
Near Bethlehem PA

Hails from United States

Hey Diane the peeps factory is about a mile and half from the studio. One of these day I will have to go over to it. Hope your neck feels better soon.

Maggie I got the magazine. Thanks again. I have not had time to sit down and read it, but just perusing, it looked very interesting.

Carlos
  #53973   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-10-2012, 09:23 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

I saw an article, Carlos, that showed how to microwave Peeps. I guess you eat them with a spoon then!!! I'd rather just bite off the heads. Take pictures when you hit the Peeps factory. It would be fun to see them.

Well, I'm off to bed early. It's just been a cranky, crabby day!!
  #53974   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 10:54 AM
A WC! Legend
Nor Cal

Hails from United States

Diane, You are right. Open book tests are often the hardest and teachers the pickiest. Glad your girls made it home for Easter. Schools all have such varied spring breaks these days. Good luck with that new phone. I'm sure you'll learn to love it. I hated mine the first week and now have no idea why.

Carlos, You are so welcome again.

Mallory, Hope you woke up on the right side of the bed today!

Alison is here for her spring break. She wants to do lots of art/craft projects. Yesterday she got started on making these mod podge eggs she saw on my blog. Think hers are going to be prettier than mine and she's so happy I said that. We are going to see Mirror Mirror this morning because she doesn't like that "everyone" went to see it without her. Then some thrift store shoping and more arts. We have these busts to cover.
  #53975   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 11:20 AM
massachusetts

Hails from United States

Maggie im lovinv my new phone,.it is so nice to type this while im on break and able to catch up so eazily. My old phone i would still be sitting there waiting for my email nptifi agion go down load..lol

Just Me. Diane :
D
  #53976   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 10:58 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Just stopping in to say Hi! Goodnight!
  #53977   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 07:59 AM
A WC! Legend
Nor Cal

Hails from United States

Good morning, The rain woke me up at 4:30 and I'm hoping for the chance to sleep another hour or two, but that doesn't always work for me. Art day with Alison will chase away the winter blues. Yes, it's spring, but this is winter rain.
  #53978   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Lord of the Arts
South Eastern Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi everyone....I've been MIA (missing in art) since flameclub on tuesday...We did bunnies...they were fun...I will pick them up next week...got home at 10, packed for St Paul...got up at 5...picked up the in-laws...drove to St.Paul...Dh did all the driving....I got to entertain the in laws...Had dinner with dgh Hannah...took her shopping...went to the Hmong International market...checked into the motel....got up at 7...drove home (dh again)....dropped off the in laws...unpacked...checking in with you guys...and going to bed...gnite. whew...I'm out of breath....See you in the morning....Can't remember a thing that I read from your posts...sorry...will try again tomorrow.....love ya all
  #53979   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 09:25 PM
A WC! Legend
Nor Cal

Hails from United States

Karen, Wow! I'm tired just reading all of that. Hope you have some downtime tomorrow.

Alison and I made art. Supported local business by buying ice cream. The end.
  #53980   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 10:27 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Karen, you just wore me out!
Maggie, is there a way to email photos to WC?
Just checking. Eyes are doing well. Things should settle in about 3 more weeks. That's all.
Nite!
  #53981   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 10:28 PM
New Yawk

Wheee! So glad to be back on the torch. Each day I seem to be able to more & more; got 2 basic bracelets done (see below), although by that I mean the beads. Not quite dexterous enough to handle the jewelry making supplies well enough yet, so just the lampwork beads; I can't quite pick up the seed beads off the table yet!

And of course I've added another craft to play with LOL my poor hands; I am a glutton for punishment. Decided to try a little needle felting as I figure it would help with the thumb strength. Banged out a little fishy yesterday; the cats LOVE it.
Attached Images

#53982   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 10:38 PM
massachusetts

Hails from United States

Loving your beads! .nice job.
Karen im pooped listening to your list..hope you can relax now
magvie like your list better.,lol

Oh gosh. My. At juzt fell ocf the back of the couch. Whi h freaked out me and the other ktty....ok look at how bad my typong is with this. Silly fake key board....hopefully it will get be5er. LoL u

Just Me. Diane :
D
  #53983   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 10:42 PM
massachusetts

Hails from United States

Wow.,that was worse than I thought! This thing is so touchy. That was my cat max who fell off the couch.while he was sleeping.,.he's ok

Just Me. Diane :
D
  #53984   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2012, 12:26 AM
New Yawk

Quick question for you GG's (glass geniuses). I got my order from Franz today, and forgot they were going to include a spring color collection (what a nice surprise!). Except its all...covered glass? 2 color glass? Glass with a core? I have no idea what to do with it other than make a bead and moosh it around to see both colors, and I tried to go online for some ideas but I don't even know what its called! I'm pretty sure its not murrini or filligrana (sp?)but what IS it? And if anyone has a suggestion I'm all ears! They are so pretty and I'm dying to try them.

*grin* Was it a ghost DD? I swear my cats see ghosts, cause they will spaz over absolutely NOTHING.
  #53985   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2012, 02:12 AM
A WC! Legend
Nor Cal

Hails from United States

Mallory, Not sure what you mean by email a picture. What email address would you send it to?

Alli, Your beads and fish are great. My sister just bought some felting needles for my niece. Think she wants to try making a dragon. Hmmm, filligrana has a core and is covered in clear. I like to make disks and have made some rounds. Old, big picture. Other glass that is a color within a color, haven't figured out how to best use it. Some people twist it as they are applying it to get a good look, never seems to work for me. When you figure it out! you can tell us.