WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-04-2012, 03:36 AM
Enthusiast
Colorado Rockies

Hails from United States
Re: Outside the Lines ~ April 2012 Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinZ
Uh, oh. I think I saw somewhere that there was some kind of conflict with someone else with that mag? I hope things are okay.

That would make sense. While looking for a good magazine devoted to colored pencil I found "CP Magazine" by Ann Kullberg, and "Colored Pencil Mag" by someone else.
However, when you look at last year's issues for both magazines, they are identical.

I haven't subscribed to either one yet, due to the confusion in trying to figure out what is what.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Lord of the Arts
Scotland

Hails from Canada

they are the same, different name tho :/ it gets really confusing and until its sorted out, I know I am not even going to think about getting either of them :/

the sun is out but I can't walk so I will just stare at it and try to get a tan through the window
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member
Scotland

Hails from Scotland

I buy both digitally and they are different. I think at one point they were the same magazine then Ann Kullberg split from them and launched her own mag, so now CP and Coloured Pencil are two separate mags. Ann has stated that she is not affiliated with CP magazine. But rest assured, I get them both and they are different mags. I actually prefer the non-Ann one, if that helps.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Lord of the Arts
Scotland

Hails from Canada

good to know that, would probably get the non-ann one since well she is very talented, I'm just not a fan
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-04-2012, 11:46 AM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Well, the Ann one is my concern, since she contacted me and then hasn't gotten back to me and I need her to.
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Enthusiast
Colorado Rockies

Hails from United States

Yes, I do see that the 2012 issues are two completely different magazines. It is the 2011 ones that are the same...so you must be correct Salemskye that that used to be one and then split.

Thanks for recommending the non-Ann one. I think I will give it a go...maybe download one for now and see what it is like.

Sorry Robin that you are having trouble getting a hold of Ann. :-(
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-07-2012, 06:23 AM
Enthusiast
Berlin, the Capital of Germany

Hails from Germany

Just want to wish everybody a happy and creative Easter holiday and if you do not celebrate Easter - have a glorious weekend!
It is almost as cold in Berlin as it was at Christmastime, only the days are longer. Looking forward to more sunshine and higher temperatures...
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:01 PM
A Local Legend
Milan, Illlinois

Hails from United States

I am a loyal Ann Kullberg fan, and I will not break away from her or her magazine. I think she is extremely talented, and I have 3 of her teaching books. I have taken a workshop from her, and she is also a very warm, nice person. That's my humble opinion.

What is the name of the woman who broke away from her mag and created her own?

Have a nice Easter everyone...those who celebrate.

Char

CRY Colored Pencil Art
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Lord of the Arts
Scotland

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRYork
I am a loyal Ann Kullberg fan, and I will not break away from her or her magazine. I think she is extremely talented, and I have 3 of her teaching books. I have taken a workshop from her, and she is also a very warm, nice person. That's my humble opinion.

never said she wasn't talented never said she wasn't a nice person, just that I wasn't a fan of her work. personal art preference, just not the type of art i really like

anyway...

hope people enjoyed their weekend
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Enthusiast
Colorado Rockies

Hails from United States

A happy Resurrection Sunday to those who celebrate it!

Random discovery: When I was a kid watched a TV show on PBS called "Gather 'Round". A lady would illustrate scenes from a fairy tale (in soft pastel) while a man narrated the story. It always fascinated me to watch the pictures unfold. I was delighted to find that some of the episodes are available to watch online! Yes, it was a cheesy little kid show, but brings back good memories. It is fun to think about the things that first peaked our interest in creating art.
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 08:55 AM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Working on my wip on my fb page, a commission, and most important...got a new lawnmower, lol! Battery operated, just love it! Pathetic, huh???
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2012, 10:13 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Costa Blanca, Spain

Hails from Spain

For the next 6 weeks I will be adrift. I am off to UK and USA. Lots of driving up through France to the UK and then flying off to Raleigh, NC for a couple weeks. I won't be able to upload any work but I always hope to do some, but usually do not find time to do so. The demands of family visits and activities will probably take up most of the time. It will be really a fun time. But just in case I will take a small box of arty tools. Just in case.....
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2012, 01:40 PM
A WC! Legend
New Bedford, MA

Hails from United States

Enjoy your visit to the states Eileen. I also have family in Raleigh and found the city beautiful and very art-friendly when I visited. Hope the magnolias are in full bloom when you arrive.

Rob
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2012, 03:44 PM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Have fun, Eileen! BTW, I did hear from Ann Kullburg, she was on vacation, lucky thing!
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Lord of the Arts
Torrance, Caifornia

Hails from United States

FYI Ann Kullburg is in Japan. The magazine was her creation, the other person came on board with Ann and then got her list of subscribers and split
It was not nice and I will remain a fan of Ann if only for the site she started that helps all types of pencil painters. She is a sterling person Im glad I have had the chance to get to know her through her class's.