WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Computers and Technology for Artists
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2009, 09:08 AM

Real fun with ms paint

Hi all. I found some real fun with Microsoft paint. It is so primitive, that it becomes a challenge. But my daughter has been making old classic rock album covers using Microsoft paint. She then submits them to paintmyalbum@gmail.com From there, it goes to a couple of college kids who are cataloging and critiquing the efforts. Some turn out great, so much that you can't believe they were done in paint. Others of course, look much like a childs work. I made a few also, and its really fun.
One more thing, if these kids reach 2000 album covers by the end of the year, they will get shown in a gallery in Manchester UK. They have 1000 now, so if you want a guaranteed spot in a gallery showing....Anyway, its good fun. There is also a website with all the finished items. paintmyalbum.com

Here are some of mine:

I will try to post one my daughter made, she has a few that look like photos.
You wont believe it.

Give it a try!!!!
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2009, 09:18 AM

Re: Real fun with ms paint

here are my daughters:

#3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2009, 08:33 AM

Highly impressed by the output of these images using such basic tools. Really great work. I would advice you to polish your daughter's skills, show her some appreciation for her good work, so that she is motivated!
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Immortalized
Maryland, USA

Thumbs up Re: Real fun with ms paint

I had to respond to this thread after seeing it as a recent post in the forums.

Wow! Excellent artwork here, especially considering how difficult Paint is to use - it is almost entirely "pixel by pixel" without any real blending tools, no layers, etc.

Still, Microsoft Paint was my first art tool... I remember being so happy when I finally had access to more than 16 colors, or even more than 256 colors!

Years ago (when I was a teenager), I painted a series of fantasy-based paintings using Microsoft Paint. Then, years later, I touched them up with Photoshop Elements (blending, better lighting, etc.), so sadly they no longer classify as "pure" Paint art, but they all originally started in Microsoft Paint.

I've attached one such example - I hope nobody feels that I'm derailing the thread since I think it would be interesting to see what folks have produced in Paint. Before the real art tools came out for the computer, everyone must have fiddled with it at one time or another...

Anyway, it is a fantasy landscape of some ruined world far away: a crumbling fortress surrounded by an ancient, blasted battlefield; and yet, new life emerges as time passes. I know it won't win any awards, but aside from the blending touchups done years later, it is a good example of what a bored teenager can produce in Paint during summer vacation.

Still much to paint and much to learn!
My Blog My Print Gallery
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2009, 10:50 PM
Veteran Member
Denver, CO

Hails from United States

That's pretty cool.

www.vincentcreative.net
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-19-2009, 08:32 AM

I do like that!! thanks
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-03-2012, 11:16 PM

So many people think good MS paint work requires "pixel by pixel". Not saying mine is great, but it is not done that way. And yes, blending, halftones and such are possible. Just not the way most would think. The one I'm attatching, I completed in about an hour & half. I had to downsize it so much to post it here, that the detail & quality are going to suck, but you'll get the idea.
Attached Images

#8   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2012, 11:45 AM
State of Suspense

Hails from United States

If you are posting artwork, you might consider posting in the Digital Art forum.

Ray
“It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.”- Alan Cohen