WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watermedia
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#166   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States
Re: ~~~Watering Hole~~~ March, 2012

Wow, look at this owl! Where do you work Doug?
  #167   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Enthusiast
Colorado

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeK
Wow, look at this owl! Where do you work Doug?
Kay I work for Oracle in Broomfield, CO. We used to be Sun Microsystems. A number of years ago the facilities people put up a nesting box since we had a pair of owls hanging around the campus. They stayed and produce a family every year. Lots of fun to watch. A second owl is staring into a window on the second floor of one of the buildings. A friend said I could post this one which is kind of cute.

Photographer was Joe Wingerd and posted with permission.

Doug
  #168   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Aww, look at this one! I've heard of those companies and think they're computer industries, right?
  #169   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Enthusiast
Colorado

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeK
Aww, look at this one! I've heard of those companies and think they're computer industries, right?
Yep, I'm definitely on the geek side. I suppose, I'm technically a right-brained engineer and as I get older, the right side is gaining ground

Doug
  #170   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2012, 09:30 AM
A WC! Legend
Texas

Hails from United States

Doug what adorable owls! I am pretty familiar with Oracle, since it is the database behind both schlumbergers and halliburtons geological and geophysical software....the software companies they bought being Geoquest and Landmark. I did data modeling for a time, which I truly hated!
  #171   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2012, 03:38 PM
A Local Legend
Northern Arizona

Hails from United States

Azure, if I had a way to get to your place before we moved, I'd take two of the babies!

Linda, I'm not a wine drinker, so have not been to any vineyards....

Doug, those photos of the owls are too cool! Awesome!

Just popping in for a moment, been super busy the past few days....but had to share this video - I KNEW it was a good decision to sell our treadmill...

Waving to all - be happy healthy and creative!

Mary Lou - Fountain Valley, CA
My Reference Photos
"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living; it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." --Dr. Seuss
  #172   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2012, 08:12 PM
WC! Guide
Palmdale, CA

Hails from United States

It's been so hard for me to get some time online!! I am currently at my friend's house in Kalamazoo and will be here for the rest of my stay. My friend, Diane, is taking me to the airport Sat morning.
My SIL had a conference to speak at in Las Vegas and so he's been gone since last Fri -- flew home this afternoon.
While he was gone, DD and I went shopping and shopping and then a little more shopping. I bought the grandgirls several outfits and several pair of shoes. Yesterday I played photographer, DD was "producer" and the grandgirls were the models and we put on a fashion show. It was so fun!! I can't wait to get home and get my pics edited.
My kids will be here in Kalamazoo tomorrow afternoon and evening --when I will say the sad goodbyes Diane and I decided we'd throw a big Easter party and egg hunt for them. So I'll be getting more pics!!
Katie had chemo #6 today and did just fine. She still has not lost any hair. I agree with Linda that the hair loss probably bothers others more than it does the patients. . .I'm afradi it's going to really disturb DD. The doctors still say she WILL lose her hair. Now the chemo will be every 2 weeks for a while.
My mom has taken quite ill and was hospitalized last Fri. They moved her into a convalescent facility yesterday. Care at convalescent is expected to be 30 days. She has Pulmonary Fibrosis caused from her rheumatoid arthritis. She will not get any better and the best we can hope for is that it stays the same and is manageable. She will definitely be on oxygen from now on. I had planned on a trip to see her in May, but may have to bump that trip up. My sisters and I are waiting to see how well she does in the convalescent facility. Her doctor has ordered physical and respiratory therapies.

I have read everyone's posts. . .but just can't comment on each one right now. I sure enjoyed getting caught up!!
  #173   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2012, 09:34 AM
A WC! Legend
Texas

Hails from United States

Mary Lou, I could not see your video on the iPad, but will when I next get on the computer! Crossing fingers everything goes as smooth as possible for the move!

Brenda so glad Katie is doing well, and hoping your mom is not suffering too much! You have had more than your share of late!

Shirl how is that physical therapy going?

Howdy to all... Hard to type with dog in my lap! Swam at 6 freeking 30 this morning in a cold pool!
  #174   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2012, 09:43 AM
A Local Legend
Brownsville TX "On the Border, By the Sea"

Hails from United States

Hi all. I think this particular physical therapy is pretty lame, and I'm contemplating some alternative, like a local gym or my chiropractor.
  #175   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Enthusiast
Colorado

Hails from United States

Hope all are having a good day and end up with a great weekend.

Shirl, I've had to argue with PT people. Sometimes they will work with you and other times not. Hope you find something that works.

Brenda, nice to hear from you and that Katie is still doing OK. Sorry to hear about your mom. Having to be on oxygen is a pain but at least there is that alternative and you get used to it.

Linda, fortunately I don't work on the database side of things. I'm in storage systems and more specifically, I work with making our file servers be compatible with Windows systems.

ML, Linda, more owl pics. I took these today. The first is outside conference room and the other two are of a second baby sitting in a coworker's office window.

Doug
  #176   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2012, 06:26 AM
Veteran Member
Nr. Congleton, South Cheshire

Hails from United Kingdom

Awww what wonderful pics, Doug!

Haven't been on here much lately! I've been busy trying to get my Dad's caravan ready for their first trip out next weekend and there are a number of things wrong and to sort out before they go. It's wearing me out! And when I finish theirs, I have to do mine! But it's another month before I go away, so plenty of time for mine. I do wish he wouldn't leave everything to the last minute and just hope for the best...caravans just don't work that way.

Waving to everyone!
  #177   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2012, 10:59 AM
Enthusiast
Colorado

Hails from United States

Good morning, JayJay, Brenda, Linda, ML,Shirl, Azure, Ona, and everyone else.

Just got in from an hour turning garden beds. About 65% done of the existing vegetable beds so should be able to get those done today. Then finish the new bed. I hope I can get it done before Sunday evening when we might get rain or snow. We need it desperately.

I'm going to go clean up the studio for a while before going back out to dig.

Later,
Doug
  #178   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2012, 11:48 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Citrus Heights, CA

Hails from United States

Morning All,

Not much going on here. Another storm is to move in today so hoping we get a fair amount of rain out of it, but a wind advisory is out with gust of 50 miles per hour.. But right now the sun is up, big, bright and beautiful!

Doug, what cute pictures of the owls, will you be drawing them?

Mary Lou, the baby kittens will be in Las Vegas with my son... Honey was a foundling at the apartment complex where he was living when he was here.. He came home from work one day this last winter to a wet, cold, skinny and very hungry kitty-cat... she was on his patio, walking all stiff legged, bowed up back, fur standing on end, hassing at his inside kitty Doodles, on the other side of the door She wasn't too people friendly at first, but soon warmed up to hand that was feeding her..then to pet-pets, then to brushing..Then the next thing you know, she was coming and going like she owned the place...He didn't have the heart to leave her behind and couldn't find anyone to take her in, so he took her..Now she living the life of a very pampered inside kitty...He just, should have made her a inside only kitty a little sooner ..

Brenda, so happy that Katie is doing so well!! Have a safe trip home..So sorry about your Mom

Linda, I have seen some of the vineyard's in Napa, but didn't do any wine tasting...I'm not much into wine either.. As lovely as they were, I was more impressed by the thorougbred horse farms they have there!!

Shirl...

Big, Big Wave to Kay, Ona, JayJay and all peeking in...

Azure
  #179   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2012, 12:15 PM
A Local Legend
Northern Arizona

Hails from United States

Good Saturday morning all!

Azure, I was about to send you a note to see if you're okay! Had about making the kitty an 'inside' kitty a little sooner. Your DS is like mine - can't ignore a foundling kitty...

We're overcast and misty this morning but doubt we'll get any significant rain out of it...

B, safe travels today, and continued prayers for Katie and your Mom.

JayJay, that your Dad's caravan gets travel ready easily... I haven't been online much either, and in the next 8 weeks we'll be super busy getting ready for the move...

Doug, I have never seen owls that close up (except for a zoo); they seem so calm just peeking thru the windows or perched on that chair... wow... how very cool! You've been busy already this morning - I'm still in my jammies...

Shirl,

Well, it's official - DH will be 'retired' on Monday.... he's handing in all the keys and the exported files on cd. We'll just have a few reports to finish off in April, and that's it! The good thing is, since we're moving, there are lots of things to keep him busy! We gave a 60-day notice to the landlord yesterday too.

I *thought* I had made all my decisions on paint colors, but I found another in a magazine that I want to buy a sample for the kitchen. The paint brand is Yolo Colorhouse, and the closest place that carries it is in Long Beach at Lowe's. So, I'll probably drive over there today. Our local Lowe's doesn't carry it, but I figure if I buy a sample, I can always get a color match at Home Depot in Prescott.

Guess I'd better get dressed and start the day - waving to everyone - be creative!

Mary Lou - Fountain Valley, CA
My Reference Photos
"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living; it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." --Dr. Seuss
  #180   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2012, 10:20 PM
A Local Legend
Brownsville TX "On the Border, By the Sea"

Hails from United States

Time for a new chat thread. Click here.