WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Composition and Design
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-17-2012, 03:41 AM
the American West

Hails from United States
breaking the rule of centering

I like centered compositions...after all a mandala is extremely centered and there are many fine examples in art history of this type of artwork. Many books and teachers will say never to center your main focus...but I think it can reinforce the strength of the concept. I am not saying all paintings should be composed like this...but if the idea is very designed and 'oriental'...then the 'rule' may be broken. I say whatever works!

Here is a piece I just am in the process of putting on the finishing touches [a record of how this evolved is on my blog],..a very designed piece based on the desert mountains found nearby...'Queen of Spades Range'...24 x 24 oil on canvas.

Blog Website Etsy