WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > All Media Art Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-08-2012, 09:57 AM
WC! Guide
Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma

Hails from United States
Re: Weeders' Monthly .......... March 2012

Connie, I am in awe of that huge painting. I LOVE it and it's an amazing way to showcase your beautiful art!!

Quote:
Beth are you selling well at the galleries?
I have been selling some at the Main Street Studio. Not a lot, but I was 2011's best selling artist. They are hardly ever open, so it doesn't take much.

Quote:
I got a new job - story of my life BUT this is a real opportunity. Pharmacy Tech for a large chain drug store. They are paying for all the training. It's state board certification or maybe even national - don't know BUT way excited.
I'm still teaching for the school board in the adult education - watercolor and acrylic night classes. 10 students...I really really LOVE IT!
I also got a program at Sam Flax art store in Orlando....
Plus I'm running 'Wine and Watercolor' nights...women only - so much fun!!
And I'm moving into a sweet little house all on my own....will take pics and post them next week.

Congratulations on the new job, the classes and the sweet new house. Like Connie says, we want photos! I'm very happy for you.
My Blog * Uploading Images * WDE Participants' Guidelines * WDE Updated Guidelines (for newbies especially) * AMAE Forum Guidelines
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-08-2012, 01:54 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Connie - wow!

Valri - I think you deserve that wow too!!!!!

And so does Beth

Hi to everyone - and I realise Helen, how ski boot matches up to chin now!!!!

Back later ...............

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My saa website**
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-08-2012, 11:03 PM
A WC! Legend
All over the place

Hails from United States

I love you guys...!!! So much!!!

Just got back from my thursday class and we are winding down to the last 3 classes...but I asked if anyone want to come back as I needed to move the day to Tuesday - I'm a new teacher for them all and I thought they might just all bail on me BUT I have over 7 wanting to come back! I feel like I could CRY....that makes me feel so good!!!

I told them all to come onto Wet Canvas and play next weekend for my hosting the WDE...they are all so excited!!!

We are all like little kids in a candy store....WEEEEEEEE

I will post pics of the new house NEXT WEEK!

#34   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-08-2012, 11:47 PM
A WC! Legend
South of Boston, MA

Hails from United States

Connie, your painting looks wonderful on the windmill.
Valri, glad you are doing well, are busy and sound so happy.
Beth, you are the poster child for hard work equals "good luck."
Kor will get well and all the rest of you stay healthy because spring is on its way and you don't want to miss it.
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2012, 09:11 PM
A Local Legend
SE Ohio

Hails from United States

Hi everyone. I am home after being gone for two months. I can hardly believe Harry was ok with being gone that long. We even went on a cruise in that time. Harry's niece and her hubby came to Florida and meet us and went on the cruise with us. I took all my painting things with me, but only painted two things. We were so busy doing other things that I just never got around to it, but did get some pictures, so hopefully will get some done now that we are back home.
I really wanted to try and meet up with some of you while we were down there, but just did not get around to it. Maybe if we do this again next winter I can do better. I learned lots of things with being gone this year that hopefully if we go again next year I can go better prepared.
Hope to get back in the swing and get back to painting.
Just wanted to check in and say Hi. I need to go back and read and see what you all have been up too. Will comment on that later.
Stop telling God how big your storm is. Instead, tell the storm > > >> how big your GOD IS. Unknow author
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-10-2012, 10:24 PM
A Local Legend
Grand Haven, MI U.S.A.

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valri Ary
I got a new job - story of my life BUT this is a real opportunity. Pharmacy Tech for a large chain drug store. They are paying for all the training. It's state board certification or maybe even national - don't know BUT way excited.
I'm still teaching for the school board in the adult education - watercolor and acrylic night classes. 10 students...I really really LOVE IT!
I also got a program at Sam Flax art store in Orlando....
Plus I'm running 'Wine and Watercolor' nights...women only - so much fun!!
And I'm moving into a sweet little house all on my own....will take pics and post them next week.

Congrats, yes, we want pictures.
"I get up, I walk, I fall down, meanwhile I keep on dancing." Hillel

#37   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-11-2012, 06:43 AM
A Local Legend
England

Hails from United Kingdom

Kor Hope the meds have worked and you are feeling much better now.
Connie I'm absolutely gob-smacked at your talent, girl. That painting is simply gorgeous.
Helen Your mosaic is beautiful but another time remember, your camera has a zoom button, there's no need to get so up close and personal.
Bonnie The video is amazing. I could watch it over and over.
Beth Glad things are going so well for you.
Valri Sounds like you're a very busy lady. Definitely want to see pics of the new house.
Mary, Glad you had a lovely holiday. Let's see some of the pics.

I had a very expensive day yesterday. We went SKIing. No not skiing - SKIing (Spending the Kids Inheritance) My fridge freezer decided that it didn't want to play any more and kept dripping water all over the inside of the fridge so we went and bought a shiny new one - half as big again (I'll have to go shopping now for things to put in it - it looks so empty ) Whilst we were there we thought we might as well look at a VAX Carpet Shampooer because the dogs muddy footprints have played havoc with my light coloured carpets not matter how hard I've tried to clean him down when we've been out walking. Then we went looking for some spring plants for the garden and came back with a new greenhouse and potting bench. (My DH has almost recovered from the shock!!)

I'll post a pic later - the weather has closed in here today and it was too late when we got it put together yesterday.

Hippographic Arts
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-11-2012, 01:57 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Joy - love that - SKIing - will have to tell DH that when we spend!!
Yes, we thought too, why shouldn't we spend some of the saved cash - there'll be the property when we pop our clogs - let's enjoy someof the hard-earned£££ !
Actually - we're spending on the 3-piece suite and having it re-upholstered - could probably buy 3 new ones for the cost, but this one is good - much too good to dispose of!

Enjoy the greenhouse too - but who will keep an eye on the tomatoes etc while you are away? ........ that's what's stopped me using ours now - unless we set up a watering system, now that would work

Valri - well done you! Just give them all a lesson on uploading before next week! - lovely to have them joining us though

Kor - hope the steroids are doing the trick and you're feeling better ....... they worked quickly with out friend - after a week, he's feeling tons better

Mary - welcome back from all your galivantin' - sounds like you had a great time ........ me?, I get homesick after a few days!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**My saa website**
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-12-2012, 12:02 PM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

was down and out for 4-5 days with nasty sinus headeaches and could not breath, however I did paint (and sleep, and watch tv)
almost over the sinus infection saturday so took all my fruit and juice out of the freezer on the weekend , (what was I thinking!!) one batch to go and I can start painting again. I think I got equivalent of 70 jars (ran out of jelly jars so had to put some in pints or larger)
Valry, so exciting about your news, and can't wait to see new digs
Mary, welcome back, SO glad you and Harry got away and have been enjoying yourselves
Velda- $OUCH$, but like your SKIing option (good plan) we may as well enjoy what we can in our short time on earth! I just setup an installment date for my april vacation (some of you remember each years projects of refinishing hardwood floors) this year is the last floor, but will just replace the carpet (DH wants to keep the last remaining carpet, so I conceeded, with the stipulation that I get ot replace it with new carpet,) so my spring vacation will be moving furniture and ripping up the old to replace with the new (I am hiring the new installation- not up to doing that myself)

I did not get a new potting bench, but did pick up some seed for the garden (even tho there is still snow on the ground) hope to be able to plant before the may long wknd again.

the spring salon show is going up today (am volunteering at the gallery today to hang the show) it is the annual members show. it is the first show I have done since quiting the Guild,
maybe next year I will go back (fall of 2013- that is my plan) I am scheduled to hang a show Jan-Mar of 2013 so have 10 months to put together 10 paintings, have started on a theme, but I may do another theme as well this year to get into another show. hmm mind is whirling again ( I must be getting well)

have a great week and keep healthy everyone

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” ~Lee Hammond. RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2015. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-12-2012, 07:00 PM
WC! Guide
Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Just popping in quickly to say hello!
My Blog * Uploading Images * WDE Participants' Guidelines * WDE Updated Guidelines (for newbies especially) * AMAE Forum Guidelines
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-12-2012, 08:43 PM
A Local Legend
2001 transplant to NC USA

Hails from United States

after 3 days, felt like getting on here (sort of), dragged out; wrote a nice line to every individual, of course it wouldnt accept it........... feeling much dumped upon............... i give up... if you see a big blob in the corner and it's snoring, dont kick it, it's me............... back to bed...................
"An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl she used to be. A great artist can look at an old woman, portray her exactly as she is... and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be..." R. Heinlein via Jubal Harshaw re LaBelle Heaulmiere by Rodin
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-12-2012, 10:19 PM
A WC! Legend
All over the place

Hails from United States

DO NOT KICK THE BLOB - it's our beloved Kordelia!!!

#43   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-14-2012, 02:22 PM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by kordelia
after 3 days, felt like getting on here (sort of), dragged out; wrote a nice line to every individual, of course it wouldnt accept it........... feeling much dumped upon............... i give up... if you see a big blob in the corner and it's snoring, dont kick it, it's me............... back to bed...................

LOL, no kicking lovely KOR blob!!
hugs for you dear

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” ~Lee Hammond. RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2015. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-14-2012, 02:31 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Cuddles and tea/coffee instead Kor - and nice things to eat

Hope this means you're feeling a bit better

**My saa website**
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-14-2012, 03:34 PM
A Local Legend
2001 transplant to NC USA

Hails from United States

thank you, dear folks.... i'm thinking i've 'turned a corner', but this thing has surprised me before... tomorrow starts week EIGHT.... 2 whole months washed right outta my life............ enough energy to shower (after 10 days!! uck) and launder the linens (sounds so refined!), and am now totallly exhausted, but like a normal 'exhausted'.... i need help, i truly do... i'm (in this whooopy-do state of mind) trying to find&have delivered my meds that went astray LAST THURS!!!! NOT the time for this... truly not... have lists of numbers, times, dates, names of people i've spoken to... since last thurs when they didnt show up... i cant bear it, but have to call either insurance or pill mailorder co, and it's all too much.............. this is my 'usual' run of 2 pills a day to sustain life, not to fight this coldcoff... i'm running on reserve... cant face this.................

connie... wanted to comment re the windmill but the site wouldnt accept anything from me at the time, and was too weary to pursue..... this OUTSIDE!! i am so shocked! i truly pictured these all twined about INSide, walking from mill to mill, wine glass in hand, lit up for night viewing.... talk about mis-communication! glad YOU knew what waz happenin!! what plans do they have for them after the designated time??? i find this fascinating...

val.. thanks for the pat on the head, i knew it was you tho i didnt turn over or fully wake up.......

guys... i've run outta steam... tho everytime my olde fridge makes all its noises, puffing to keep alive, i think of SKIing... and giggle to myself... thanks for the funnny....... my kidz know THIS is their inheritance... do with it as you will NOW.... sure would like some beets..................

yay... it toook.....
"An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl she used to be. A great artist can look at an old woman, portray her exactly as she is... and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be..." R. Heinlein via Jubal Harshaw re LaBelle Heaulmiere by Rodin

Last edited by kordelia : 03-14-2012 at 03:37 PM.