WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Drawing and Sketching > The Classroom
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-08-2012, 09:49 PM

Re: Basic 101: Pre-Class Assignments and FAQs

I guess not well enough, did I miss something? here is my pre class drawing (at a rather severe angle unfortunately, still trying to get the hang of all this). thanks, let me know, please if i have missed something in registering for the class. jill

Last edited by jilljilljill : 03-08-2012 at 10:13 PM.
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2012, 02:42 AM
A village near Antwerp

Hails from Belgium

Jill - Thank you for posting the pre-class drawing. That was what I was missing . One remark though, the size of the picture is far too small. Ok for this thread, but I cannot possibly comment on your assignments in this size. You may go up to 800 px square, but the advised maxima are 800 for width, 600 for height.

Drawing and Sketching Forum Guide for D&S Classroom
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-10-2012, 07:56 PM

Hello! I'm excited to be here. I have some art background, but most of my classes at university were of the self-expression variety rather than the skill-building variety, and I would rather like to build some skills with which to express myself!

I really enjoy drawing people and that is where the majority of my practice to date has been placed. Now I'd like to draw people in different settings, which means being able to draw the settings as well as the people.

I struggle the most with architecture and perspective, as you can see from the bizarrely crooked window in my pre-class drawing. (Reference was this image from the reference library.)
Attached Images

#49   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-11-2012, 06:00 AM
A village near Antwerp

Hails from Belgium

demitas - Welcome to the classroom . I'm sure you will master perspective soon. We have even an advanced class on perspective in the 102 series .
Please move on to class 1.

#50   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-25-2012, 01:11 PM

Hi all,

So I'm peeking at everyone's pre-drawing assignment and mine just seems to utterly fail in comparison. I have to start somewhere though, so guess I'll be brave and upload my pic on here. I'd rather bite the bullet and progress, then forever be a lurker and NEVER progress.
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-25-2012, 01:18 PM

Ok so here is my pre-class assignment. The original intention was to draw something that totally intimidates you, right? Meet my intimidation, I love this pic, and man was it hard to even ATTEMPT to draw. If you like me you'll ignore my feeble attempts at ever trying to recreate realistic facial impressions. That's probably my biggest problem. Then again....

Anyway, its here and now I can move on.....
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-25-2012, 02:50 PM
A village near Antwerp

Hails from Belgium

Nubiancooki - Welcome to the classroom . Good job on the pre-class drawing after all, you captured the dynamics very well .
See you in class 1 .

#53   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Tampa, FL

Hails from United States
Red face Re: Basic 101: Pre-Class Assignments and FAQs

Hi, I'm Gina and I've been drawing, or attempting to draw, on and off since I was a teenager. I've included my Pre-Class Drawing (the house, which is supposed to look like this reference photo http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showphoto.php?photo=40021

As you can see, I really need help! I also included an unfinished drawing I did some years ago of a statue. I do have the How To Draw What You See book but I have not done any of the lessons out of it yet.

#54   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Tampa, FL

Hails from United States

P.S. Is an Hb the same as a no. 2 pencil? I don't have a No. 2 pencil believe it or not!
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2012, 04:41 PM
A village near Antwerp

Hails from Belgium

Gina - Welcome to the classroom . Your statue drawing is very fine .
Yes, "number 2" is "office speak" for HB.
Please move on to class 1

#56   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2012, 04:52 AM
SW England

Hi, my name is Ruth, I'm an artist in SW England, and well, I'd like to be able to draw properly.

I'm pretty much self taught, and so have missed out a lot of fundamentals, in that I don't know how to construct a drawing of any kind. For me, it was always a case of just putting light and dark values on a piece of paper in the hope that I could shape them to look like the subject chosen, and I realise that this is my main problem, because there is no set standard between pieces that I do.

Some are seen as really good, others I just shudder at.

This is the 'standard' that I draw to, but as I say, without any construction lines of any kind, that's highly variable, so I'm here to learn .
Attached Images

Last edited by Sweetleaf : 04-09-2012 at 05:21 AM.
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2012, 09:49 AM
A village near Antwerp

Hails from Belgium

Ruth - "putting light and dark values on the paper" is not necessarily wrong, but a formal foundation can help very much to sort out the problem when in trouble .
Please move on to class 1 .

#58   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2012, 01:51 PM

Hi! I'm really excited about starting this as it's been a goal of mine to improve my drawing skills. I work mostly on a computer with really stylized vectors, it was a nice change drawing by hand! I need to improve in many many ways but the things that I'd really would like to get a handle on is figure drawing, I find it really difficult drawing people, portraits, action shots, etc! I've attached a drawing that I did just now of a reference photo from this website http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/show...p?photo=133178
Attached Images

#59   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2012, 06:06 PM
A village near Antwerp

Hails from Belgium

Welcome to the classroom, Cardan
You're off to a good start on your pre-class drawing . Please move on to class 1

#60   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 01:40 AM
Bogotá D.C.

Hails from Colombia

Hi, my name is Andrés. I ve been interested in all types of art since I was a child, so I took some classes some years ago about different techniques and I started to paint since then. but I consider that I continued somehow "self taught" and well, it is not easy to find your mistakes and improve your skills without some guidance. I'm happy I've found this course to really learn about this technique not just for sketching but as the base for any pictorial technique.
this is my pre-class drawing.