WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Illustration
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Norway

Hails from Norway
Illustrating for my 18th century toy

Hi all
I am working on a animation workshop for children. I posted here, because I cant find a category for animation or something like that... and as I am an illustrator too, here it is:
I made, among other "apparatus", a replica of a 18th century animation "machine". I also draw several animated strips for it, and the one I show here is just a homage to the "background in cicle" that was so often use in older animated cartoons, like the one on a very known tv cartoon show. I say as a homage, because that repetitive background technich is not anymore, on this digital times.
Here is the link, tell me if you like it. I had a lot of fun, so my students too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvnT5...eature=related
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Norway

Hails from Norway
Re: Illustrating for my 18th century toy

Ah, and C&C welcome, as it says in the forum guidelines. )
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Oak Island, North Carolina

Hails from United States

I like it very much. I'm not certain how to critique it, but it seems like you accomplished your objective. If I had any critique I would say the background might blend a little color-wise with the car.

Neat project though.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-16-2012, 08:32 PM
WC! Guide
Chattanooga, TN

Hails from United States

This is probably as good a place for this concept as any. New contributors to this forum are always welcome, after all, Illustration covers such a wide category of projects.

I think when children are exposed to mechanical wonders is stimulates their minds. this would be a great project to do that.

Thanks for sharing this with us, now maybe you could show them the earliest photographic studies done with running horses showing how their legs moved might be a good follow-up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eadweard_Muybridge

this guy was way ahead of his time!

life is good

Greg
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-28-2012, 09:57 AM
Arkansas

Hails from United States

I do educational illustration, teach online, and build courses so I definitely see the value in your showing youngsters how "early TV" looked. I sure am glad the technology continued to move forward as time has gone on. Wouldn't we miss our movies, YouTube, and TV? :0)

I have seen static diagrams of this device, but seeing it in 'real' was really interesting. I never thought about how the spin would create the wind sound. I can see lots of students getting inspired to make one.