WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-04-2012, 03:40 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada
Re: ***DAILY WASH Sunday March 4th 2012***

Quote:
Originally Posted by WthrLady
life and roll with it. (re: Uschi and her hole idea - great idea and many people DO have safe places, but unless you are home ALL the time near it (boring life that would be), or have the warning, AND pay attention to it- then it's useless.

Good point Caryl and Sylvia!!

Char, so you have a new toy and can't stop playing with it Can you please show the onion painting from a distance so we/I can see what it looks like on the canvas?? I'll try the Absorbent Ground today, mind you, I have only put 3 coats while they recommend 6 coats but as I said, the sheer fact that I can't rub off pencil marks has put me off before I have even started. Shouldn't have let Olga talk me into it in the first place because that stuff isn't exactly cheap

Darla, well, your daughter might be sad but there is a benefit there for the girls, isn't there???

June, yesterday, on some program on TV, I saw someone having to take iron pills and was given dried prunes along with the iron because the iron constipates and and prunes do what we all know they do - balance. Your hubby might try that one.

Bill, great idea!!! Actually I have another idea for you which I wish I had thought of years ago when I did all of my prints, of which I STILL have plenty left. If I had done them a bit smaller I could take them out of their packaging and glue them onto card stock and sell them as cards. I did mine too big and can't

Henry, my walls are full too Interesting what Geoff said, because here NOTHING sells off our websites unless you want to go eBay and give them away.

Gill, I saw the pictures and

Sylvia, we get tornados too and the one thing I admire about the US is their signalling with sirens etc. Here they give a generalized warning on the radio or TV and you could sit in your basement for hours and have no idea if it has come or gone.

Ellen, I think this is my all time favourite painting of yours - BEAUTIFUL!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

No Robins here yet which is surprising considering everything is early and they have previously arrived at temperatures colder than this.

Oh, and I never thought of having a lucky number but maybe I need to rethink this, I was born on the 22 of the 2 and the year adds up to 22, How about that eh

Talking about "eh", saw a license plate today saying "limee eh"

Oh and another little story, my friend's husband Wes came back from his morning walk and his glasses had one very dark (tinted) and one clear lens, he looked weird and I couldn't figure out how this happened, until we realized that one of the lenses had fallen out, so the clear was NO lens. He had walked and shopped this way without realizing it. Connie found the lens on the floor in his bedroom after I left.

Uschi

#32   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-04-2012, 03:44 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

P.S.: All this talk about galleries made me think of JT. Anyone knows how she and her gallery are doing?????
Uschi

#33   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-04-2012, 04:19 PM
A Local Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom

Uschi.....

I have not seen or heard of Janet since we had an abortive visit to her Gallery last June.....

Online Galleries.....I won't do eBay..it may be OK for ACEO's but I have a value on my paintings which I wish to achieve so I don't want to put silly reserves on them.... I may be joining another gallery run by a fellow artist this coming year but the one that I am on, and have been since 2003, has been good for me and many others...I am sure there must be similar in USA
but if they don't work for you I can see why they are not used....Oddly, one of my friends sells most of his art to Central USA, especially Nevada.... through this one UK site and his own website..

Cheers

geoff
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-04-2012, 04:20 PM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

Enjoying a quick cup of coffee before I stretch some paper over canvases. I was ready to start much earlier but we can't find our electric stapler. Nothing to do but head uptown and buy a new one. Shopping trip is done so now it is back to the job after a quick break.

Uschi - jaytee has started two groups on facebook for portraits and figure paintings in the last few days.

Henry - my walls are full too and extras are now leaning against walls.

Thanks for the nice comments on the photo. That painting is one of my favourites too. I'm off to soak paper.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-04-2012, 05:07 PM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia

Its a beautiful painting Ellen!

Weather is nuts everywhere.

At work now after a period of indecision - will I /won't I? Reason here. Nice little tropical low moving slowly towards us and dumping lots of rain. Will leave early though. Flooding not an issue for us but landslips and trees down are. I should have stayed home and finished steam cleaning the ceilings.

Yes, Char. they are wondrous little machines.

Better get on with things.
My Flickr Site
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-04-2012, 05:11 PM

Hi all,

just about to knock off after a rather hectic weekend but have been good and managed to get going on a painting of an owl that a friend asked me to do from one of his photos. I've been putting it off as I worry about him not being happy about the end result but, fingers crossed, it seems to be going ok so far. Even managed to get a piece of Langton 300gsm stretched and taped; background wash is done and the paper is still attached to the board and flat ... phew!

Still finding my way round the site and enjoying looking at all the artwork on show and found some great linked websites - Geoff's painting of Bamburgh Castle Ebb Tide is one I really love! Loads of inspiration to be found!

Ah, got to go, my little Poppy cat has arrived for a cuddle,

Paul
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

Hi Paul, I look forward to seeing your owl.

Just had an email from our Blue Mountains tour company to say the tour isn't affected by the floods

Rory has just won the Honda Classic and becomes world #1 at the age of 22

Safe journey Annie.

Doug
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-04-2012, 05:48 PM
A WC! Legend
Wigan Lancashire England

Hails from England

EVENING WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Popping in as usual - better late than never......lol

Spent a nice afternoon at our Jamie's with my friend Karen - she has been MIA for quite a while with working etc but we finally managed to get together today. She hadn't been to Jamie's house and hadn't really met his wife Debbie so it was a perfect time to go down. We had a lot of laughs and reminisces with a promise to do it again.

Came home to a lovely smell from the kitchen - don't you love slow cookers.

Had a phone call from my friend Betty in London ( her son is an ex of mine but we are still friends) - anyway seems she fell down the stairs the other day - cracked her head on the door frame and came round to the dog licking her face.

She rang the doctor who asked if her head was bleeding - when she was told no she said ' Oh well you don't need an ambulance then' She then proceeded to tell Betty (who by the way is in her 80s) to put some ice on the lump and try not to fall asleep till bedtime....

I was stunned when I heard that - I told her she should have gone to hospital or at least the doctor should have come out to see her - she said she made an appt for this week. I went mad - told her to get herself to hospital - she doesn't know what damage she has done - she couldn't remember falling - she didn't know how long she had been out for.

Couldn't persuade her though - she said she was feeling ok......but what amazed and horrified me was the attitude of the doctor. Seems their doctors down in London don't do home visits - I thought all doctors in this country did home visits. Anyway I left off with giving her the number for NHS Direct and told her next time to ring them and not the doctor.....unbelievable!!!!!

Still haven't heard from The Chase - I hate all this waiting......lol.

Nothing much else to report from Brogan Towers - we are just about managing to keep our heads above water considering everything but hey - there is always someone worse off so shouldn't complain.

Waving to everyone

LUGGLES

Pat xxx
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Resting in Peace
Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, Tennessee

Hails from United States

Doug, McIlroy has done a great job, hasn't he? He's a pleasure to watch. I also enjoyed Tiger's charge today.

We've had chilly weather today, with a wind chill. What a difference from Friday when it was in the low 70s F while the storms and tornadoes marched through the land.

The latest thing I have to do for my health is NOT to sleep on my back at all!! The doc said I should put tennis balls behind my back to force me to sleep on my side. More aggravating circumstances

I have another test I need to take, also. Then, next week, a huge blood work-up for both the nephrologist and the internal medicine docs. So much fun -- NOT!

I was sharing my aggravation w/Ed today (okay, I was whining! ) and he said, very sweetly, "Can I go out and dig you up a bowl of worms?" For those of you in places other than East Tennessee, there is a saying here, when someone is pitying themselves, that they say "I'm gonna' eat some worms." Of course, that made me laugh and lightened my load tremendously.

Hope your weekend was good -- may your week be all that you want it to be.

Lyn

Last edited by artmom : 03-04-2012 at 06:38 PM.
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Veteran Member
Forrestfield, Western Australia

Hails from Australia

Hi JJ, sounds like you had a wooooonderful day trekking. Too much like hard work for me though. Good move on the meds. Hope you don't suffer too much without them though.

OMG Annie, here I was thinking what a hero you were, pushing a lawn mower around, and all you do is drive it. DH and I would probably fight to see who would do the mowing if we had a ride on. (and a lawn would probably be necessary too).

Hi Doug, can't keep you at home can they.

Hi Geoff, we only watch satellite TV when we go on the LONI. We carry the dish on the back of the van and set it up when we get there. We just pick up the local stations, WIN GWN, ABC and SBS, but hey it's better than no TV at all for 5 months. Mind you, we only watch it for a very short time as it is much more comfortable to watch from the bed, and when we lay back to watch it, we fall asleep.

You sound well set up Bill, with your bread baking and painting. It's obvious that you have got your priorities right

Gill, your wedding flowers are supurb. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Hi Peter Owl, I really don't think you would have quite the same effect if you only had the flowers but no grass for them to pop up through.

Hi Char, I too have to have the kitchen tidy before I can go to bed. I just hate getting up and seeing the dishes waiting for me. (The rest of the house usually looks like a bombs hit it)

Hi Sylvia, Blueberry pancakes (lip smacking icon needed). I made some salted maple and caramel icecream yesterday, but it didn't freeze in time for tea. Had to have a teaspoon of the soft stuff just to taste and it was definitely YUM.

Hi Char, I too was not unhappy with your onions

Darla, your beef and bread sound wonderful. It's great catching up with family.

Hi June, I too know about problems with C. I have found it to be a little better with magnesium tablets.

Hi Caryll, Uschii, Darla, Lynn, Pat, Don and Ellen.

Better to be over the hill than under it!
http://watercolourwalkabout.blogspot.com/
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Immortalized
Just south of Sacramento

Hails from United States

Hi, Getting warm here, today we went to the Sacramento fair grounds for a home and garden show and got LOTS of information and bits of paper, now we have ideas on what to do with the garden. Number 1, a pool! (this is Sacramento after all) and a hot tub and an awning. Like I said ideas only at this stage.
Pat, good luck with The Chase, they may be planning the next season.

The Artist Formerly Known as Jlyn
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Enthusiast
planet earth well the one I'm on now: earth just south of Oxford

Hails from England

Hi Nola

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola276

Hi Peter Owl, I really don't think you would have quite the same effect if you only had the flowers but no grass for them to pop up through.

The thing is that the Grass in my front lawn is 4 feet high most of the time
keep the child in you as you never know when you may need it one day

Last edited by ollieowl : 03-04-2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: spelling
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-04-2012, 11:01 PM
A WC! Legend
New Canaan Connecticut

Hails from United States

Char , the Laser treatment helped ,but he still needs Big to read anything . We will return in May to see if they want to push the blood back with another operaton . We talk more now !
He is So good and Never complains no matter what and still tries to read.
Uschi , everyone gives me a new remedy ,but the truth is he has double Milk of Mag , Dulcalax or the New stuff daily and sometimes twice a day and Nothing helps him . He is a tough case and we deal with it weekly with everything in the book .We just try to avoid the hospital because what They do it is So Grim .
It is just a weekly trial that we deal with in every way and patiently . YUP !! But we are still truckin'
June

http://blogmomcom.blogspot.com/
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-05-2012, 02:14 AM
Veteran Member
Forrestfield, Western Australia

Hails from Australia

o.k., so Peter Owl, just megga fertilize your flowers so they still pop up over the top of the grass. LOL

Better to be over the hill than under it!
http://watercolourwalkabout.blogspot.com/