WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Fiber Arts
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Minnesota

Hails from United States
March forum CHALLENGE!!!

It looks like I'm the one to start this for the month! So I'll lay out some groundrules and suchlike I guess. Subject to change in future months if anyone has a problem with or suggestion for other guidelines, but I think it would be least confusing if the first post held that month's rules.

Month: March, 2012
Topic: Water

Any interpretation thereof, in any fiber medium/media. Explain how your work represents or includes water, brainstorming project ideas is encouraged.

WIPs STRONGLY encouraged! (my favorite part!) Related, project updates also strongly encouraged.

Links that inspire you or have project ideas are welcome.

Suggested Limits: Have a solid idea posted in this thread, and have materials for the project of your choice by the end of March. This is to prevent a massive backlog of projects fiber artists especially tend to accumulate. Of course, if someone comes across this thread in months/years to come, and has a fabulous idea that just cries out to be made, make and post it and be welcome

No ending time limit!!

Thread your needles!
Irry
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-01-2012, 05:26 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States
Re: March forum CHALLENGE!!!

You must be really excited to start this challenge. I'll bet you have something in mind. :wink:

I'll have to think about it some... I'll get back to you.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-01-2012, 05:55 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Hails from United States

At this point, I have got to think long and hard about this challenge. Water.....humm...........
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Minnesota

Hails from United States

I am excited! I live on a lake with an island within easy swimming distance, and all my childhood memories have the lake as background. Ideas are twirling round in my head so fast I can't even identify them! WHEE!!!!

I'm thinking of making some felted waterlilies, although whether knitted then felted (or fulled, I am told), or if I should do it like a painting on some fabric with my felting needle, I'm not sure.

Some random words/ideas thrown out there: beach, merpeople, swim, sun hat, rain, drink, snow, boat, clean, fresh, fish
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Enthusiast
Reykjavik

Hails from Iceland

Hi Irry
it's a great project and I am already working with water in all the rugs we have designed so far so I need to skip this challenge also I am very busy getting ready for the exhibition on the 22nd of March. So much to do and so little time..
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Enthusiast
where my whimsy takes me

Hails from United States

What a great idea. I can see the river that runs through the back of the property from my kitchen window. I've painted it in quick sketches but nothing fiber yet, I will have to ponder this for a bit. I didn't even realize there were challenges on this forum. Fun!
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2012, 07:18 PM
San Francisco

Hails from United States

Water.....excellent! Give me a week or two, as I am on the road with limited Internet!

Jen