WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Computers and Technology for Artists
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Jacksonville, FL

Ugh... Photoshop seems to be corrupt. Now what?

My Photoshop has decided to stop booting up. It will load up just fine, including all my settings and toolbars. Then two seconds later I get "The application Photoshop quit unexpectedly".

I attemped a re-install with my disc but apparently it isn't helping, either it, too, is corrupt or the issue isn't resolved by the install. I wish I knew what was interfering with it, as I really can't be buying new software.

Any suggestions what a Mac girl is to do? There is not a lot of freeware out there with Mac support (and I really just don't understand enough to install GIMP).

Any online help for picture mod, resizing?

I wanted to make one of those mini-banners that people have with a string of their work. TIA!

Shippeecraft.blogspot.com
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-21-2012, 12:27 AM
A WC! Legend
A Californian! Coming Home Soon!

Hails from United States
Re: Ugh... Photoshop seems to be corrupt. Now what?

Hi, Jess, I've done a few in my own round about way (in lieu of anyone coming to my aid) using my iPhoto and my desktop. It's a "where there's a will there's a way" kind of thing. Putting my paintings/pictures/photos into iPhoto then drag to my desktop then resize them using iResize. I've got iResize 2.3.5 maybe you can find something else but that's what I've been using (there is a free iResize for Mac download) and I keep it on my dock. I'll resize the individual paintings then put them on my desktop and line them up side by side with or without border in between then take a desktop photo (shift + apple + 4) of them together then resize that to the acceptable size for WetCanvas. Here's five of them. The top two are watercolor paintings really small and probably needed to leave the border in between. The flowers are individual photos and the next two are simply one photo cropped to fit. The cookies one is my current signature line. Hope this helps.

WINTER/CHRISTMAS SIGNATURE LINE

WATERCOLORS SIGNATURE BANNER

BLOSSOMS SIGNATURE LINE

AQUARIUM

COOKIES

Gladys Marie "I'm somewhere...in the future...and I look much better than I look right now!" ...KIM CLEMENT
Too Much Of A Good Thing Is Wonderful!!! ...MAE WEST
*WETCANVAS MEMBER FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD*
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Jacksonville, FL

Thank you so much! It sounds like a surmountable feat!

Shippeecraft.blogspot.com
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-01-2012, 05:36 PM
A WC! Legend
She who rambles

Hails from United Kingdom

First - delete ALL your Adobe preference files. That's the most likely source of a corruption and unless you delete them they're there when you reinstall. go to your Mac's main drive, Library, Preferences, delete the files with adobe in the name. Then restart your machine and see how Photoshop does.

Second - if that doesn't work have you uninstalled Photoshop before reinstalling? If not, check in your Applications folder for Utilities, inside that folder might be an Adobe Installers folder. Run the 'Add or Remove' script to uninstall. Then restart the machine. Then reinstall from scratch.

Hope one of those helps! I'm guessing the preference file is probably the issue.