WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Computers and Technology for Artists
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-13-2012, 12:03 PM

digital photo frames

I am interested in having a way to work from photos in studio. I usually print out images but I am ready to try digital-don't want to put my computer in studio-has anyone used a digital photo frame to paint from? I am thinking of Nix 15inch hi resolution frame. I am unsure how this compares to tablet images such as IPad. ANy thoughts would be helpful!
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-24-2012, 04:20 AM
south coast Australia

Hails from Australia
Re: digital photo frames

I have been working from a digital photo frame 15" for nearly 2 years. I bought it on the net from an Australian company. It was about $100 and has been great value for money.
It has been brilliant. I use really big size photos, and so have hi-res images to work from. It will enlarge (8x), rotate, and I can put a flash drive or the memory card from my camera directly in the slot- it will play music and video (small size)- but I have an ipod dock for music/radio.
I would recommend it because it is so much cheaper than an ipad. Hope this helps.

#3   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Lord of the Arts
Potsdam, NY

Hails from United States
Re: digital photo frames

I have both an iPad and an inexpensive digital photo frame. The nice things about the photo frame are the cost is much lower so I am less likely to cry when the inevitable studio accident occurs, it will load photos from a USB, iPad does not have a USB port, and it will display longer without going to sleep.

The iPad has the advantage of also playing music, surfing the web, and having image manipulation abilities. iPad also has touch screen zoom which can be nice.

My photo frame is about the same screen size as an iPad, which I actually find a bit small for using as a photo reference. This is perhaps the biggest advantage of digital photo frames, you can buy them in larger sizes. You can get a cable to connect your iPad to a large flat screen tv, but most artist I know do not have one of those in studio.

If you can get that 15" digital photo frame for less than the cost of an iPad, that is the route I would take. Unless you really want an iPad for other uses.

This is our ART: useless, boring, impotent, elitist, and very, very beautiful.