WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Inspirational Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2012, 10:11 PM
Veteran Member

Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Calming the Mind Oil-painting (WIP)

The sense that the "figure" is intently focused on something, a goal of calming perhaps, yet in the moment, on the path, he is too consumed by other random, racing thoughts. With all to much energy to be assimilated at once, like making sense while hearing a voice from a divine source, the figure is putting the pieces together albeit in the wrong order. Regardless of what it means or how the symbology works into a coherent picture, all is one. The all-pervasive omnipotent Godhead feels that something as simple as a cherry (or as completely unplanned, haphazardly off balance, dripping, over the top-with a cherry on top) can bring perfection through being an active participant through meditation. While the wolf figure in the brilliant light can reach the "cherry" through a dissociative schizophrenic creative burst, the other seated figure is reaching the theta brainwave state in a complete darkness yet still perfectly content. All paths lead to Rome. No matter what the struggle is, how deeply rooted and painful (like a knife in the back) it can be overcome through steady perseverance.

I don't know that this is the place to vent my frustration which indeed is what this piece is about, but just by doing the piece was a cathartic practice in itself.
Like the painting, this writing is all part of the strange process of finding my happy place.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Ok, so obviously I have alot on my mind. Pun intended.

To see my progress from the beginning in the oil painting channel go here:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show...2#post14629242

Buddha suggests to those who need inspiration for their art to go before a perfectly blank wall until it's design, compostion, and subject reveal itself. -Jack Rutherford
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-28-2012, 12:09 PM
A WC! Legend
NorthWest NJ.

Hails from United States
Re: Calming the Mind Oil-painting (WIP)

Love the "Dali" feel to this. Lots going on and vibrant color. Would like to see it cropped in a photo editor. Nice head trip here.
Enjoyed. derek
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member

Dcam
Thanks for commenting.
When you say cropped, do you mean so the background isn't showing? or crop the actual image so that it reads better?

Buddha suggests to those who need inspiration for their art to go before a perfectly blank wall until it's design, compostion, and subject reveal itself. -Jack Rutherford
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2012, 04:13 PM
A WC! Legend
NorthWest NJ.

Hails from United States

Hey Shark: Yes Just crop the stuff in the room out. Not the composition. I'm just used to photoshop....so easy to crop out background noise that takes away from the painting.
Derek
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Veteran Member
Canada

Hails from Canada

You have raised an interesting point here when said, “No matter what the struggle is, how deeply rooted and painful (like a knife in the back) it can be overcome through steady perseverance”.
From my life experience I know that faith and work will make the difference, otherwise we will find ourselves running on the path with no finish line, which is kind of exhausting.
It does have a surrealistic feeling to it as mentioned by Derek.
I also like the figure in the middle ground, who is trying to clean up the invisible mess. Thanks for sharing.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2012, 05:43 PM

Thanks for your feelings expressed here re: a struggle for calmness of mind .It could rightly be called the battle within the mind. I have known it and most people do. Painful times can be stuck in us like bitter roots that go deep and that come up sprouting unsightly weeds just like our unwanted thoughts. Our art can be a gift in helping to pull up and out those bitter roots.. my opinion is that God has given you the gift of art ...Terry..
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member

Dcam will do in the future thanks

asarkis Very observant. Although we don't always see the fruits of our labor, hard work as a staple can always get you through the thick of it.

terrycafie We all have struggles. What separates the weak and the strong is the way they go about dealing with there feelings. I try to paint mine out.

#8   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Veteran Member

A little bit more refined.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#9   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-03-2013, 05:54 PM

Now this is more like it! I have to say, there needs to be more titties, octopus wolf heads, and Marge Simpson totems in art.
I mean that. Not a single word of sarcasm. This !$%^ing ROCKS, man.