WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Airbrush
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Canberra, Australia

Hails from Australia
Still hanging around........

Hello All,

Just though I would throw up a quick hello out there and let you all know I'm still kicking around with my airbrushing even though I haven't posted much of late.

Between ending up with a permanant back injury from 2008, a permanant neck injury from 2010 and then crashing my motorcycle in March 2011 I ending up with further injuries, RH broken collarbone (still broken) and RH metacarpal which required pinning.

Between injuries and work commitments I've still been able to manage to do a little bit of airbrushing between injuries..

Below is an overhead console that I did for a work mate in late 2010 ...

Then Straight after I was asked to paint this saw for a customer..

Then I went on holidays, had my accident and was off work for 3 months and unable to airbrush for ages, I just recently got over my withdrawls and and finished this the other week...

Between my back, neck, collarbone and wrist, I now have issues with airbrushing but at least I can still hold an Airbrush which is the main thing.

Just about to finish off one of my old projects that I started November last year (tanks and guards for my own bike) which I hope to have completed by the end of December, that is providing nothing else goes wrong with me in the meantime

I'll post up pics when I finally get my project completed..

Cheers
Hidiho
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-05-2011, 04:35 AM
Beijing, China

Hails from United States
Re: Still hanging around........

HIdiho sorry to hear about all the injuries I do hope that you make a full recovery soon. I am glad that you were able to pick up a brush and paint at least a little I know that I find that very therapeutic. I wish I had time to paint I have not painted with my airbrush in almost 4 years now all computer work for me because of the demands of business but that is how it is.

#3   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Canberra, Australia

Hails from Australia

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the reply...

Not having the spare time is one of my biggest issues these days, life was so much easier when I was doing my old job as I had several hours off during the day as well as spare time on the weekends. Nowdays I work 9-5 sitting in front of a computer all day doing data entry which pays the bills but isn't rewarding and the weekends are spent getting over the working week.

I'm seriously considering a major change which will give me all the free time I need to do airbrushing but it involves taking a risk and relocating, just looking into my options at the moment to see if it is worth the gamble..

I'll make my mind up eventually

Hidiho
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Denver Co.

Hails from United States

I love clockwork orange! Get well soon buddy
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Enthusiast
Istanbul-Turkey

Hails from Turkey

Get well soon Hidiho,

Life sometimes needs relocating oneself. But it always comes with pros and cons, you never know without trying, luck is a factor in these steps definitely...

Wishing you the best...

http://airbrushoptic.blogspot.com/

#6   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2012, 06:03 AM

Hiyahidi

I did not get to the "Summers" again this year, guess I will have to put it in my bucket list!!!!

Hope you get better Mate, nothing worse than being bogged down by back injury etc. You know where I am, you are more than welcome to drop in here for a while anytime you need a break....I am building a T Bucket, rebuilding the house, working 40 hrs a week, dont get much time to airbrush or to do any photorealism art like I used to do.....running outa time and energy as I am heading for 66 this year...lack of energy must have been from all of those fast Women that I chased in my younger days, bloody lucky that I caught a lot eh!

Take care Mate, catchyalata

Oily
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Enthusiast
birmingham

Hails from England

nice to see some old names still around

nice work mate

i also suffer with a back problem ,cant get it off the mattress

Paul
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Canberra, Australia

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilyRag
Hiyahidi

I did not get to the "Summers" again this year, guess I will have to put it in my bucket list!!!!

Hope you get better Mate, nothing worse than being bogged down by back injury etc. You know where I am, you are more than welcome to drop in here for a while anytime you need a break....I am building a T Bucket, rebuilding the house, working 40 hrs a week, dont get much time to airbrush or to do any photorealism art like I used to do.....running outa time and energy as I am heading for 66 this year...lack of energy must have been from all of those fast Women that I chased in my younger days, bloody lucky that I caught a lot eh!

Take care Mate, catchyalata

Oily

Hello Raggy,

I guess I am fortunate to only live 15 minutes from Summernats when it is on, there have been rumours that the new owners wanted to move Summernats to Sydney but apparently will be staying in Canberra for a few more years at least.

I didn't get to enter anything into Summernats this year but did pop by on the Saturday to see my wholesaler and see what entries in the airbrush competition there were, unfortunatly there was very few entries again this year for the second year in a row. Did manage to meet Charley Hutton from American Hotrod and had a little natter as well.

Thanks for the offer of dropping in though, I can't see me going too far these days as I only have a 15 minute window for driving before the pain level increases too much and until my collarbone is sorted out I've been avoiding doing long rides on the bike.

I hear you about running out of time, in the same boat here, but just don't have a house to renovate or T-Bucket (I do have a crappy ole XD that I haven't touched in over 5 years though) and as far a chasing women I have learnt that they only run faster when I chase them so my chasing days are over .

Cheers
Hidiho

P.S. Good luck with building the T-Bucket, know a few guys in the Rod scene and the amount of hours they spend working on their projects.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-27-2012, 05:48 AM
Digital Universe

I like your work. Looking forward for more.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Veteran Member
Quebec

Hails from Canada

+1 for Clockwork Orange artwork!