WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watermedia
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#196   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2012, 09:47 AM
A Local Legend
Brownsville TX "On the Border, By the Sea"

Hails from United States
Re: ~~~Watering Hole~~~ January, 2012

Good luck Azure
  #197   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2012, 10:29 AM
A Local Legend
Northern Arizona

Hails from United States

'morning everyone!

Aw Azure, that totally stinks! Good luck, and hope it doesn't put a big dent in your pocketbook!

Doug, I empathize with the all-day meeting - ick, the problem with those is trying to stay awake! I took some photos of pods yesterday, will get them posted for you...

Heya Shirl!

Linda, how's it going holding down the fort?? I hope that trial doesn't last too long and Dan can get back home with you and the girls.

B, you must be one popular teacher since your last few classes have been so full! I'm still looking at my calendar for days to go to the Huntington - we're still looking at going to AZ sometime in the middle of Feb, so when I get that sorted I'll have a better idea... actually, I should just look at March and make a date!

I had a pretty busy day yesterday, so felt like I accomplished something! Dentist was an easy fix; errands, and then went to the giclee guy and should have the prints in about a week. I took a photo of the painting on cd to him, but my cropping was a bit off for the size I want, so decided to let him go ahead and do a higher res photo of the original and color correction. It will cost me a little more for that, but in the long run I'll be happier with the results. He did compliment me on my photo skills - even asked what kind of lighting I used, which was just my daylight lamp. So, this sale of the print will be a wash, but at least it covers my costs and then future sales will be profit.

Waving to Ona, Jackie, Kay, Robert, Rog, Lindas and anyone else peeking in - have a most creative and happy day!

Mary Lou - Fountain Valley, CA
My Reference Photos
"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living; it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." --Dr. Seuss
  #198   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2012, 10:38 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

I'm off to the cat house for a couple of hours. See ya later
  #199   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2012, 12:52 PM
A WC! Legend
Texas

Hails from United States

Hi everyone! Only day 2 and nearly a mistrial yesterday, and they lost 2 jurors today, which means no alternates! Nick the mule eats everything in sight including the cat food!

I bought Brussels sprouts today since my hubby said if I ever serve them to him it was a divorce! So a good chance to fix them once I find out how.

Check this art out
http://stupidfunnypics.com/2011/11/banana-art/
  #200   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2012, 01:02 PM
WC! Guide
Palmdale, CA

Hails from United States

Good morning!
I have hair and pedi appts starting at noon today. I'm still taking it as easy as possible (still a lot of fibro pain), so I will not plan on doing anything else while I'm out. I have lots I need to do at home, so will try to keep it to a slow pace and just plug along as best I can.
My pharmacist friend told me I could double up on my Celebrex, so I did that yesterday and it helped a LOT! My RX is for 100 mg once or twice daily as needed, she told me most people take 200 mg once or twice daily. I took 200 in the a.m. and 100 before my class. I'll talk to my doctor tomorrow when I go in for my pink eye check up.
The class went well. I had two that didn't show up, BUT had three waiting to see if they could be added in. There are two young men in the class this semester.
I have one student (who was in my class las semester) who is SOOO dense with cooking. She doesn't listen to instruction and does the dumbest things! I'll need to give her some extra attention this semester. . it doesn't appear as if she learned anything from me last semester.

Doug,
Happy to hear you were able to squeeze in a little creative time yesterday. My creative juices are not flowing one iota!!

Azure,
I also hope your plumber job is not too pricey!

ML,
March is probably better for me, too. We have TWO retreats to attend in Feb (Couples Retreat and the Deacon's Retreat) and I have one wedding. Feb 4 is my only Sat available for plein air class So I'm thinking having a light calendar during the weekdays will be best for me. In Feb the catering job will be decided upon and so I will be fixing what they've chosen for them to taste test. Feb is looking like a very busy month for me and I don't know how long this fibro flare up is going to have to be babied.

Shirl,
Have fun at the cat house!

to all who follow and wishing all a very good and creative day!!
  #201   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2012, 01:18 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Brenda, it may be that your repeat student doesn't learn because she lets the others in her group do the work. With three in a group now, it could be even worse.
  #202   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2012, 01:48 PM
WC! Guide
Palmdale, CA

Hails from United States

Shirl,
I question the "me" factor, I need to re-evaluate my teaching methods and spend more time on the demo portion. She was one of the "working" ones last night and she was in a team of two last semester. Last semester, she dunked my electric spice grinder in the sink to wash it. (Yes, it was mine that I had brought from home). Her partner grabbed it out real quick (thank goodness it was not plugged in) and it was not ruined. I calmly explained that any electric applicance is never to be submerged UNLESS it specifically says it can. The quizzes are open book, and the best she got was a low C. I think she's just REALLY just a bit "dull," poor thing. She's a very sweet girl.
  #203   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2012, 01:51 PM
WC! Guide
Palmdale, CA

Hails from United States

Linda,
I missed your post.
Wow - what are they going to do if they don't have enough jurors. . .do they postpone the trial and send out more juror summons?
Nick sounds like he's feeling quite a home. LOL!
Mmmmm, I love brussel sprouts and will occasionally fix them for me (my DH hates them too). They had some beautiful fresh ones at Sam's Club a few weeks ago, I ate the WHOLE bag (not all at once of course)!
  #204   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2012, 01:54 PM
WC! Guide
Palmdale, CA

Hails from United States

Linda,
I like sprouts just steamed with a little butter and seasoning. But here's a wealth of recipes for your perusal (from my fav online recipe search site)!!
http://www.cooks.com/rec/search?q=brussel+sprouts
  #205   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2012, 01:57 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Well, it was just a thought. I know from teaching computer stuff that some students just don't "get it", and that can apply to any topic. I would be less likely to think it was your teaching methods. Maybe the second time around a bell will go off.
  #206   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-01-2012, 04:25 AM
Lord of the Arts
South Australia

Hails from Australia

Hello to all!

Checking in mid-week to see how you all are! I'm tired and still got lots of extra hours to go

ML and Brenda, I am loving my kindle already - I go the wifi model with keyboard and it is great! Serious "addiction" material haha!

Just got some new pencils through Dick Blick, I bought their own brand pencils (really cheap) and quite happily surprised - the colours are nice and seem reasonable quality. The other set are Derwent Artist (which I have used for a long time so no surprises there!).

Not quite finished with the baby portrait for the work colleague. Should probably get it done tomorrow and give to her on Friday, I started it a while ago but she was quite a bi+*ch to me one day and I thought to myself that she didn't deserve it (I am doing it for free) but I've swallowed my pride and decided that is not the person I want to be so I am finishing it now. Just hope she appreciates it....

that is about all for now.....take care everyone
  #207   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-01-2012, 09:24 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Time for a new chat thread. Click here.