WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Student's Dorm
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-28-2012, 02:31 AM

Art school requirements.

Hey guys, I was just wandering. I am looking to get into a bachelor of fine arts course. but I am unsure whether grades from high school will matter in my admission. my grades in high school were fairly low mostly due to the fact that all I did was draw in my classes when I should have been paying attention. forgive me if this sounds arrogant, but I feel i have to be specific to get a straight answer. I would say I am a skilled artist. I have always been good at art ever since I was young. I have been studying and practicing intensely by my self for about a year now, and I have progressed faster than most would within that time-frame and I am man that really criticizes his own work (being a perfectionist). Though I do not know if that would help me with my grades.
Please I would really like to get a clear answer for you guys.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-28-2012, 05:58 AM
Eastern Washington State

Re: Art school requirements.

Your grades from High School won't matter in your admission to a BFA program. What will matter, though, is the work you present to them in your student portfolio and how well you compose yourself on your college application. The worst that might happen is that they deny your application and recommend you attend a community college for a few semesters while you get your grades up.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-31-2012, 03:19 AM

Some schools giving admissions on the bases of grades. So that schools are not suited to you. But in some schools the admission test or filling application for admission are in the process, there you can get the admissions and fulfill your dream. online courses australia
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-02-2012, 04:13 PM

The college I studied Fine Art/Art History at was grades based. I didn't need to submit a portfolio.

It has always been my understanding that Universities in the US take class grades as well ACT and SAT scores into consideration when admitting a possible student or not. However, there are always exceptions to that so the best thing you can do is contact the school and speak with someone or visit their website to gather all the correct information.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-21-2012, 02:20 AM
Veteran Member
Rome, Italy

Hails from United States

The college I attended required a portfolio and they demanded to see works done from life. I had to go back for a second interview with more drawings, since at the time I was working mostly from photographs. Whether your grades are taken into consideration will depend on the art college you are applying for, some require a well rounded individual and some are more relaxed about their admission policies.
Do try to keep up your grades regardless of the reason, it will only help you!
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-08-2012, 09:53 PM

Academy of Art uni, in SF, CA has an online and campus programs. They will take anyone with a heartbeat, and checkbook! You just need to submit transcripts but I doubt they even look at them. If your worried send a small portfolio.