WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Inspirational Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-20-2012, 10:23 PM
Veteran Member
The Land of Horses and Buggies

Hails from United States
Hope

Hello... Probably few remember me here, but I used to post from time to time. Hopefully, I will be starting to do that again fairly regularly as life permits.

Before I tell you about this picture, I want to say, this snapshot is not nearly as detailed as the original. I need to make arrangements to have this professionally digitally photographed before I really put it out there for people to see. But I wanted to give you a "sneak preview" anyway.

I felt moved to draw this after a year of what seemed like utter chaos. Life deals hard blows sometimes. For me, I faced a whirlwind of pain as our family broke apart, I was once again drafted to fight my own personal war with cancer, and my children and I faced the mental fatigue of post traumatic stress syndrome as we meagerly tried to pick up the pieces of our existance, heal, and move on.

There comes a point in most people's lives where everything just seems too overwhelming. Once strong, we are suddenly faced with our own state of powerlessness as circumstances we cannot change barrage us with their cruel buffeting. Friends and family can do what they can to support us, but they have human limitations. None of them can completely feel the depths of anguish within our hearts or understand fully what we need. While I treasured the help and prayers of those who loved me, sometimes I still felt confused, lost, beat up, and scared.

The woman in this picture represents each of us when we feel harassed and battered beyond measure and left with no peace within. Life is dark and exceedingly daunting. But then, somehow we become aware of another presence- the Lord Himself. And when we lift up our eyes, amazingly, we find that He is looking back at us- not with a glare of hostility, but with eyes filled with tenderness and care. A look that says, "I know you. I understand. And I am with you and will care for you- forever."

Life still goes on. The past doesn't change. There are still situations that need untangled. But the moment when you look up to God and discover that He is attentively regarding your soul's travail transforms your heart forever. The vital organ within your chest no longer feebly pulsates with rivulets of despair, but rather, living hope rushes through its vessels to nourish and strengthen your vanquished soul. Suddenly, you can take the next step. Gradually, a smile emerges upon your lips. The "dead" has, indeed, come to life.

I hope that this picture is a reminder to you that Jesus sees you right where you are at and values you deeply.

Blessings,
Jyvonne

11x14" Graphite, charcoal, carbon

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2012, 10:32 AM
60mi North of NYC

Hails from United States
Re: Hope

Beautiful, touching and inspired...I love his hands.
I am sorry for your pain and turmoil but yes it does come in this life.
As I view this incredibly beautiful work I can't help but remember a time in my life as well. His hands take my attention because they are rendered as human hands, and I remember that after a really bad accident it was the human hands of others, I'm sure directed by the Lord, did as well fulfill his promise of never leaving us alone or abandoned. Touched by God seemed to be in every one that surrounded me in the months and months of stay in the hospital after a horrendous accident and I knew he was the source because there was great peace, sureness regardless of what I had lost physically or continued to suffer.
I should not have lived but I continue to each day in the surity of what you say, no matter the circumstance he is there, in others, through others as well as with divine intervention. Every day if we look we are touched by him, his goodness and mercy and grace entered into by others to truly be his disciples. Thank you for sharing this and those moments. God bless.

Elaine

Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better. André Gide Forum Projects: Plant Parade projects in
Florals/Botanicals,
Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2012, 12:57 AM
Veteran Member

Hails from United States

Elaine,
Thank you for sharing your experiences, too. There is nothing quite like those moments where you know God truly has His watchful eye upon you.
Blessings,
Jyvonne

#4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Veteran Member
Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Saw this beautiful drawing x-posted in D&S. I think that many times it's out of our difficult times in life that our best work is done.
Praying for the the Lord's continued presence to be very near you.

Canon T2i, 18-55 EF-S, 70-200 f/4 lenses
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2012, 06:27 PM
Lord of the Arts
S.E. Missouri

Hails from United States

I have thought of you often and wondered about your fight with cancer and the problems you faced. My daughter was adjusting to a terminal cancer verdict at the time you were going through chemo and drew such strength and encouragement from your paitnings. -- Yes, life goes on but an encouraging hand of comfort, a hug, a gentle word or two are often the difference in going on successfully or giving up to mere existance.

This current painting says so much, is such an encouragement. My daughter has found strength through the Lord and through the ministry of people like yourself. She, in turn, is gaining strength in using her considerable talents to encourage others, to be an angel in disguise is no small accomplisment..... I mean that as a tribute to both of you in using your talents to help others.

So glad to see you back, Yvonne!! God Bless and Keep you
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member

Hails from United States

Mary and Aires,
Both of you have touched my heart by your stories. Mary, I read yours a little bit ago on D&S, and Aires, yours now. I believe you wrote to me, Aires about your daughter several years ago. I am so blessed that she uses the strength she has gleaned through her struggles to, in turn, strengthen and encourage those around her.
May God bless you...
Jyvonne

#7   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Veteran Member

Recently at the Cleveland Museum of Art I "felt" a painting in my heart. It was the first time that I was truly moved by a piece. The reason I bring this up is because your piece makes me feel the same way. Instead of "seeing" the picture, and thinking about any of the technical aspects that make the piece (which I always do) this piece lets me get past that. It's as if it has made a connection in my heart, not my brain.

Thank you. There is a sense of love and hope portrayed that made me forget about everything else but happiness.

I already feel a transformation taking place where I want to focus more on the positive. (Maybe that's why I'm in the inspirational channel?)

Buddha suggests to those who need inspiration for their art to go before a perfectly blank wall until it's design, compostion, and subject reveal itself. -Jack Rutherford
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Veteran Member
Whites Creek,Tennessee, USA

Hails from United States

Absolutely beautiful. I am reassured that He is always there.

#9   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Enthusiast
Louisiana

Hails from United States

this is wonderful
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-05-2013, 04:32 AM
A Local Legend

incredibly beautiful

so much is seen and felt in her expression and His hands
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Western New York

Hails from United States

Your Artwork is very Beautiful and inspirational, Thank you for sharing your Art and your story!
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

I love this work. It is incredibly moving. I sent an email with a hyperlink to this page to a friend of mine that has been going through some tough times. She, too, found it uplifting. Thank you for creating and sharing it.