WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Classical Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member
The Land of Horses and Buggies

Hails from United States
In His Hands

Hello...
I've never posted on the classical forum, and I hope that this fits in.

Before I tell you about this picture, I want to say, this snapshot is not nearly as detailed as the original. I need to make arrangements to have this professionally digitally photographed before I really put it out there for display on my websites, but I've been sick and unable to get to the graphics company to get it done.

I felt moved to draw this after a year of what seemed like utter chaos. Life deals hard blows sometimes. For me, I faced a whirlwind of pain as our family broke apart, I was once again drafted to fight my own personal war with cancer, and my children and I faced the mental fatigue of post traumatic stress syndrome as we desparately tried to pick up the pieces of our existance, heal, and move on.

There comes a point in most people's lives where everything just seems too overwhelming. Once strong, we are suddenly faced with our own state of powerlessness as circumstances we cannot change barrage us with their cruel buffeting. Friends and family can do what they can to support us, but they have human limitations. None of them can completely feel the depths of anguish within our hearts or understand fully what we need. Like most people facing trauma, I know while I treasured the help and prayers of those who loved me, sometimes I still felt confused, lost, beat up, and scared.

And so, through the lumps and bumps in life came the inspiration for this picture... a woman- worn out and fosaken, without too much going for her. Until... she sees Him. The One whose eyes meet hers and she realizes she isn't alone after all. He sees, He understands, and He cares. It's an awesome moment when you realize that you are truly treasured in spite of all that you have been through. I hope that this portrait captures that message for the viewer.

May God bless you.
Jyvonne

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2012, 12:52 AM

Re: In His Hands

So very touching Jyvonne..I see this drawing as a powerful tool to touch those who are walking in the valley of the shadow of death.Those compassionate hands are interesting...strong but gentle...Face so beautifully expressing her road too painful for words. I See trust in her eyes.....Thanks for sharing Jyvonne...Your drawing is beautifully done and will touch many seeing it...Terry
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-27-2012, 06:46 AM
Digital Universe

Very inspiring piece of art. Thanks for sharing it!
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-25-2012, 02:30 PM

Very touching, love it, Your work captures the love and compassion so well. God bless you and keep you in His care.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Kentucky

Hails from United States

This is beautiful.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2012, 02:27 PM
endwell, ny

Hails from United States

Wow! This has it all. Technique wise it's beautiful. I love the light and darks. I love creases in the face and the hands are just wonderful. Even the folds of the cloth are done with precision. The content is uplifting and positive. The eyes of the woman clearly express hope and relief. The hands are gentle and graceful. You can tell this came straight from your heart. It's got everything!
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-31-2012, 05:46 AM
Veteran Member

Hails from United States

Lovely work. Touching.....Hope this next year is better for you. God Bless
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-31-2012, 07:20 AM
Veteran Member
Brisbane, australia

Hails from Australia