WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Artwork from Life
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2012, 02:40 PM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States
Worlwide Sketchrawl #34 done from Home

Yesterday was the 34th Worldwide Sketchcrawl and I had planned on going into Manhattan with my friend, Susan to meet up with some of the other NYC sketchers. Unfortunately we had a snowstorm that dumped about 4 inches of snow here and then turned to sleet. Susan and I decided to stay home, but I did the sketchcrawl at home.

First I sketched my comfy, warm bed right after I got out of it...even before coffee. lol

Then I headed into the kitchen to make coffee and breakfast (It was after 8:40 by this time and I usually have my coffee much earlier.) I made the coffee...sipped some coffee...and then sketched the chopped mushrooms before I made my omelett. I knew that if I made the omelett it wouldn't get sketched at all. lol

I took a break and did my indoor walk and then showered, but then got back into sketching. I put a chair out on my patio so I could sketch looking at the next apartment. The overhang on the patio kept me dry but not warm. I ended up getting my fingerless gloves to finish sketching...but my fingers were very cold by the time I finished.

I warmed up a bit and sketched my living room and the view out the window. You can see my nice new drapes.

My front door is on one side of my apartment, but I also have a garage that faces out the other side of the building. So I opened the garage door and sketched the view across the complex. I should have listened to my friend Susan the night before and backed my car into the garage so I could sit in it and sketch. I had to stand to do this sketch and it was cold!

My last sketch was of my backpack that is always ready for plein air sketching as well as my paints and waterbrush.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Pennsylvania

Hails from United States
Re: Worlwide Sketchrawl #34 done from Home

These are great Joan. What a fun idea! I should try this sometime. How long did it take to do each of these?

On a really busy day the making of art would really get in the way. Plus I work in a confidential setting so couldn't do this at work.

Putting down on paper the meals is good though. And the everyday tidbits of life.

Diana
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Lord of the Arts
Melbourne

Hails from Australia

Really nice collection Joan. You were so committed by being willing to get cold twice. I'd be jumping back into that nice warm bed. The new drapes look lovely.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

Joan you are so dedicated! All this sketching despite the elements, so many sketches before coffee and food - wow! Great job and thank you for continuing to be so inspiring.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2012, 01:38 PM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

Diana - Thanks. Most of the sketches took about 45 minutes. It was fun to see what I could sketch of my day.

Jacqui - Thank you. I thought I was a bit crazy after I went back inside to get my fingerless gloves and keep sketching. lol

EP - Many thanks. I really wanted to be sketching in the city, but I couldn't be choosy. lol I knew there were lots of things I could sketch.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-25-2012, 12:25 AM
Immortalized
California

Wow great job on the home crawl. Love the porch view, you've still got holiday decorations up! Thanks for sharing.

"Practice does not make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect." Ed Parker, Sr.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-25-2012, 12:20 PM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

Julie - I felt like I was doing a never-ending scavenger hunt. lol Thanks.