WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > NEW! Welcome Forum - New Users
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-27-2005, 03:43 PM
A WC! Legend
Atlanta

Hails from United States
Arrow LOOK> Uploading Images: A Quick Reference Guide <LOOK

Uploading Images: A Quick Reference Guide and FAQ

Please note: You must have a minimum of two text only posts before WC will allow an image upload.

One topic that generates the most questions here at WetCanvas! is about uploading images of your art to share with others in the forums.

WetCanvas! provides three ways to upload images:

1. Using the Insert Images icon when creating a post
2. Using the Image Uploader option from the Quick Links menu
3. Attaching an image using Attachment Manager

The easiest method is using the Insert Images icon, and it is described briefly here. For a detailed description of all methods, see the Uploading Images article.

*** VIDEO DEMO <<<*****
(thanks to Yorky)

Inserting Images: A Quick Reference

Size Guidelines

Most image uploading problems occur because an image does not meet these size guidelines, so please review them carefully.
--Images must be 800(high) x 800(wide) pixels or less.
--Total file size must be 100kbs or under.
--Image resolution should be at 72dpi - most monitors can't display any higher resolution.

To resize your images to meet these requirements, you need image editing software. Your scanner or digital camera may include this software.

If you do not have an image editing program, there are free programs available on the internet.
Note: Downloading free programs can carry it's own risks and you do so at your own risk.

Best Free Photo Editors (article from TechRadar)

General Guidelines
-- If you are posting an image with nudity, please remember to use the Butt Icon when making your post.
-- Make sure your file name does not include unusual characters such as _ & * % @ +.
-- Cross-posting your work is allowed, as long as you don't overdo it. Showing your image in two or three relevant forums makes it easier for more people to see your work. However, posting your work in every single forum you can think of is considered spamming and your threads may be removed.
-- Do not link to images on other websites. Remote-linking to images is not allowed. Remote-linking means you take an image on another website and use coding to make that image show up on our site. Images only show up on WC! if they are hosted on our servers.
-- If you use Photoshop, you can automate the uploading process. WetCanvas member Windy has written a handy tutorial for Photoshop users.

Step-by-Step Instructions
1. When you are replying to a post or creating a new one, put your cursor where you want the image to appear. Click the Insert Image icon.

The following screen displays.

2. Click the Browse button to search for and select the image on your computer.

When you select an image and click Upload Image, it displays in the bottom of the popup window, as shown here.

3. If the image displayed is not the one you meant to select, click where indicated, and select another one.
If the image is the one you meant to select, simply click the image to upload it.
4. When you click on your image, WetCanvas inserts the image in the form of HTML code in your message, like that shown here.

Click Preview Post to see how your message will look with the image, or simply click Submit Message to submit the thread to the forum.

Automatic Resizing

If the file you are trying to upload does not meet the file size requirements, the uploader will try to resize the file for you. If it can successfully resize it, you will see a message similar to the following.

Inserting Images: Frequently Asked Questions

1. I get a message saying the image is still too big, or that the resizing didn’t work.

You may still need to resize your image to meet the WetCanvas requirements. To resize your image, you need image editing software. Your scanner or digital camera may include this software.

2. I thought I followed the instructions but nothing is showing up.

Check the name of the file you are uploading. Remember that unusual characters such as _ & * % @ + should not be used as part of the file name.

3. I forgot to add the Butt Icon. What do I do?

Not a problem. Simply report the post to the forum’s moderators. To report a post, click the Report Post icon in your thread. It looks like this:

4. Somebody told me cross-posting wasn’t allowed but someone else said it was. Is it allowed and if so, how do I do it?

Cross-posting means you can show images of your work in more than one forum, so you can get feedback from multiple places. For example, you painted a landscape in oils – you can post it in both the Oil Painting forum and the Landscape forum. Cross-posting is allowed, as long as you don’t overdo it. Posting the same image in three or more forums borders on spamming, and is frowned upon.

To cross-post from one forum to another, copy and past the text from the first thread to a new thread. Remember to include the image, or use the Insert Image icon to insert the image again.

5. I don’t want to upload an image here that I have already posted on my own website or another website.

Images will only appear in WetCanvas! threads if they are hosted on the WetCanvas! servers. You can include a link to another site, but it is not recommended. Remember, many people with slower connections will not bother to go to another site. In addition, the link will no longer work in WetCanvas! if the original image is moved.

6. I want to add my own art as part of my signature, like I’ve seen others do. How do I do it?

Please read the article called Making a Signature Banner

7. I have no idea what you mean by “resize images” and wouldn't know a pixel if I met it on the street. Where can I go for more information?

http://www.wikipedia.org/ has an excellent tutorial on image editing. Search for “image editing.” Remember you need some kind of image editing software to resize pictures.

8. I’m still having problems. What do I do now?

Post a new thread in the Welcome – New Users forum. We’d be glad to help you there, and you can practice uploading images.

In addition, you may want to try one of the other methods of uploading images, as described in the Uploading Images article.

Last edited by vmrs : 05-30-2014 at 03:41 PM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Administrator
Where ever I go..there I am

Hails from United States
Re: Uploading Images: A Quick Reference Guide and FAQ

February 2011

*please note: WC is having techs work on some features of this site so there may be times when the uploader fails. Please wait a few minutes and try again.

Also, if you click on the image you are attempting to upload and it fails to post try adding [IMG] tags around the link- see example below:

Another way is to right click the returned image and select "copy image location" then paste that into your post, surrounding it with the [IMG]..[/IMG] tags.

Note that site technical difficulties are discussed here.

**IMPORTANT - you must have a minimum of TWO posts prior to posting an image.

#3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2014, 10:54 PM
Administrator
Where ever I go..there I am

Hails from United States
Re: LOOK: Uploading Images: A Quick Reference Guide

MAC UPLOADER WORKAROUND

Mac
The way to send an image to WC is first export it from the iPhoto program to the desktop using the .jpg ending and sizing it to fit the parameters set by WC.

Then, when the second window you show comes up, it is easy to click on the image on the desktop and download it to WC. (painterbear)