If you do not find the answers in this thread take your question to the Site Discussion Forum
where technical difficulties are discussed.
One of the wonders of the programs we use for manipulation or post processing, is the ability to have things we do repeatedly, recorded so we can repeat them without having to go through every single item one by one. This improves workflow and reduces the chances of us forgetting some of the processes.(very easily done when you are in a hurry)
Here follows the steps for creating a repeatable Action in Photoshop. (I use 7 at this stage)
1. Open up the image you wish to resize, do all the adjustments that you want to do; as resizing and sharpening for posting is the last thing you will do before saving for posting on WC (or any other Forum).
2. Make sure the Action Pallette is visible to you.
3. Select Create a New Set. (this will then keep the WC resizing actions in a set by themselves). You could include them in another set if you wish.
4. Name the set (you need to be able to remember what it was for)
5. Select create New Action, if you are going to add to an existing set this is where you would start.
6. Name your Action (give it a meaningful name) then click Record.
7. It is best to go through the process of an Action before you record it, (a dress rehearsal) this saves the possibility of error.
Select Image > IMage Size
8. Set your IMage Size criteria.
(1). Make sure that constrain proportions and Resample Image are both checked.
(2). Resampling is set to Bicubic
(3). Make sure resolution is set to 72
(4). change the width to 500px
(5). Click OK