WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics > Partner: Blick Art Materials
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-31-2011, 03:47 PM
CarolineA

International postage costs

I buy from the States quite regularly so am pretty familiar with postage costs, and was so horrified when placing an order with you for a couple of Strathmore sketchbooks that I backed out and will not be recommending you to anyone. I'd already had a postage quote, so I knew what the price was, as they fitted into an USPS envelope, and to be charged nearly 3 times the cost of one of those for a service that is SLOWER is a complete turn off.
USPS is the most efficient way of posting to Australia. Depending on the time of year it take about 2 weeks. Other services by other companies take much longer than this and charge far more for something they cannot deliver.
We do not have tracking in Australia, so so there is no need to pay for a service that does not exist and is not needed. It doesn't help you either as there is only a record of the parcel getting to the departure airport, not of it clearing customs and Homeland Security, nor leaving on a plane or getting to Australia.
I realise you guys do not know this until told, but you are not the easiest to communicate with, which is why I am using this forum.
Its quite likely potential customers in other countries have had the same experience as I have - which is that you do not offer a decent and cheap alternative for art supplies when you overcharge on postage.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-03-2012, 03:02 PM

Re: International postage costs

Thank you to all of our loyal Blick customers!

We are aware how expensive International shipping costs can be and we attempt to make the shipping as econcomical as possible. We would be happy to discuss your invidiual order personally and answer any questions you might have on how our shipping quotes are calculated. Feel free contact our International Ordering Department at 800-828-4548 or by email blickinternational@dickblick.com.